[HELP!] Intel HD4000 OS X 10.9.2 detected but no QE/QC

ACDindia

34 posts in this topic

I updated the patch, try it again. The DRMStatus errors seem to be gone (but obviously don't expect DRM playback to work).

Graphic Acceleration seems to work (I checked two time (reboot)) and there is no drm status error too. How do you approach this solution. For example you disassemble AppleFramebufferCapri and find some address and boom you write the patch. Can you please explain the steps so that I will do it myself in future.

Note: I am taking assembly course in my uni too :)

Patch isn't originally by me, I just adapted what gynekolog posted for 10.12. The patch simply changes test rax, rax at 0x32de1 (in AppleMEClientController::start) to xor rax, rax.

<key>Find</key>

<data>SYmEJJgAAABIhcAPhFkDAAA=</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>SYmEJJgAAABIMcAPhFkDAAA=</data>

What is the base of these text written in <data> tags?

• 4 years later...
On 2/25/2017 at 9:55 PM, ahmedbilal said:

Graphic Acceleration seems to work (I checked two time (reboot)) and there is no drm status error too. How do you approach this solution. For example you disassemble AppleFramebufferCapri and find some address and boom you write the patch. Can you please explain the steps so that I will do it myself in future.

Note: I am taking assembly course in my uni too :)

I am having similar problem too but with OpenGL and metal not working. Any ideas ? Thx

On 12/2/2021 at 2:56 AM, kocoman said:

I am having similar problem too but with OpenGL and metal not working. Any ideas ? Thx

Are you using macOS Catalina? If so, security Update 007-2021 breaks the GL Portion of the HD4000 driver. The fix is to reinstall Catalina on top of the existing install and manually install security fix 006 2021 and stay on that. https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/349600-security-update-2021-007-breaks-hd4000-gl-driver-how-i-fixed-it…/?tab=comments#comment-2771823

If you are using macOS Monterey you need to patch these drivers back in using this: https://github.com/chris1111/Patch-HD4000-Monterey

Edited by 5T33Z0

• 2 years later...