[AMD] General Chat, Questions & Answers

tragediana150

116 posts in this topic

Hahaha :D My HDD is set to IDE always and always working on IDE (first position). AHCI is not for my motherboard because there is no drivers to windows 7 to this mobo. And my performance is much higher on IDE if you compare it with AHCI (strange I know, but I feel the difference when I work).

And my Mobo has no FireWire :D I have no device on FireWire too :)

EDIT: But I will try to switch to AHCI to test it :)

Edited by tragediana150

sorry, I write from my Galaxy Note 3, so I can write only limited

Hahaha :D My HDD is set to IDE always and always working on IDE. AHCI is not for my motherboard because there is no drivers to windows 7 to this mobo. And my performance is much higher on IDE if you compare it with AHCI (strange I know, but I feel the difference when I work).
And my Mobo has no FireWire :D I have no device on FireWire too :)

EDIT: But I will try to switch to AHCI to test it :)

IDE HDD's make very common boot problems! better under Osx are SATA HDD's!
but I think that what we are discussing here does not fit here on this page.

I am sorry for my mistake, I use SATA HDD but mobo is set to IDE mode, because it is faster than the AHCI mode without drivers. Now I am testing it on AHCI mode but at this moment stuck on "hfs mounted" again. I report back in a few minutes.

It is not working on my specs. Ok, close the subject :D I will working about it and if I succes I will post here.

if not succes, then I will wait for another kernel release. Thanks @spakk :)

Edited by tragediana150

Any ideas why kernel require NULLCPUPowerManagment to boot?

I remember that my system run only with NullCPU but when I changed FakeSMC.kext to another version (newer or older) then NullCPU was not required anymore :) You can try that :)

• Like 1

Any ideas why kernel require NULLCPUPowerManagment to boot?

To Answer more in full detail. NullCPUPowerManagement disables the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement as we can not create C & P States for native power management there for preventing a kernel panic when MSR 0xE2 gets writing to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (Unless you use Andy's Tools you can then generate 4 or so States).

[if someone can correct me where I'm wrong that will be great thanks]

"P-state is an operational state, meaning that the core / processor can be doing useful work in any P-state" - quote Intel

"C-state is an idle state. Since an idle CPU isn't doing anything" - quote Intel

The surprising thing is Sleep sometimes gets disabled from NullCPUPowerManagement

• Like 2

Opening this topic as a Q & A section of the AMD side. So general questions that may not be related to the kernel in testing or asking for help. IE: How to compile a kernel? What does NullCPUPowerManagement on AMD? How can I run X Y Z program?. Thanks

• Like 2

I repeat my question (I have a little more free time now).

Any ideas to hfs mounted... and OPEMU error?

I've changed the 3kexts that you wrote @spakk and not help. Should I replace every kexts from 10.9.0 to try or it is unnecessary?

I repeat my question (I have a little more free time now).

Any ideas to hfs mounted... and OPEMU error?

I've changed the 3kexts that you wrote @spakk and not help. Should I replace every kexts from 10.9.0 to try or it is unnecessary?

hi tragediana150,

boot your system with Andy's kernel BSA_R8?  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-263  Post #5247

I want to use Chameleon but my System reboots with AMD Kernel.

Only Clover is working but it's only detect 1-2 cores.

Someone can help me to solve?

Also still no luck running 10.9.2, stucks in boot.

Clover works fine here, same cpu and asus motherboard, it boots perfectly fine in uefi mode, what's your config file?  

Clover works fine here, same cpu and asus motherboard, it boots perfectly fine in uefi mode, what's your config file?  

Yes in UEFI Mode there is no "core issue" but i use MBR(Bios) method.

Finally i'm able to boot with chameleon after reinstall. System was broken anyway cause of 10.9.2

Whatever.. thanks for ur help.

Thought i'd better post the slim down version of what happens to here as well.

You can use theconnactic method of Migration of an Account or find a working Mac/Intel Hack create an account and copy these files.

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts

~/Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts:
yourappleid@id.com

~/Library/Keychains:
login.keychain

~/Library/Preferences:
MobileMeAccounts.plist

Maybe to get working imessage and facetime we need to activate them on Intel hack and just copy files in same way. Which files contains imessage and facetime account's info? Anobody try this method?

Maybe to get working imessage and facetime we need to activate them on Intel hack and just copy files in same way. Which files contains imessage and facetime account's info? Anobody try this method?

Wish it was that easy. It's somehow kernel related. Try the patched AMD kernel on an already activated iMessage Intel machine and activation will still fail

• Like 1

Wish it was that easy. It's somehow kernel related. Try the patched AMD kernel on an already activated iMessage Intel machine and activation will still fail

at evening i want to try log in imessage and facetime with my account on intel hack on virtual machine. but i don't know which files i have to copy to my amd hack. want to try this method. maybe i will see a wonder :drool:

Got the problem

Made USB drive with 10.9.1 

trying to  boot, -v

and it stuck at  lines

hfs:summary table not allowed on FS with block size of 2048

hfs: could not initialize summary table for (my usb name)

Whats the problem?

Got the problem

Made USB drive with 10.9.1 

trying to  boot, -v

and it stuck at  lines

hfs:summary table not allowed on FS with block size of 2048

hfs: could not initialize summary table for (my usb name)

Whats the problem?

1. always make your signature otherwise we can not help you.

2.create a photo and upload it here, then we can say more :)

Edited by spakk

1. always make your signature otherwise we can not help you.

2.create a photo and upload it here, then we can say more :)

OK :)

im on amd Phenom 9600 4gb ram geforce 8500gt using myhack to make bootable usb, replaced kernel (tried R9 and R8) 

trying to boot but got stuck at this line all the time

what could be the problem?

post-284731-0-97847300-1389974349_thumb.jpg

at evening i want to try log in imessage and facetime with my account on intel hack on virtual machine. but i don't know which files i have to copy to my amd hack. want to try this method. maybe i will see a wonder :drool:

Please read my post again. There are no files that you can copy that will make iMessage work. Activation works strictly via a non modified kernel at this stage (even if the kernel is recompiled and still not modded it will work).

Moving these posts to maybe the Q&A as this is for iCloud

I did some more work on the opemu.

Right now it supports perfectly the 4 string compare functions (had to change 2 things to the opemu: the different flags and make sure I could assign XMM0 directly as target (base))

I built the kernel...

It builds without warnings.

Spakk's kernel is Sinetek kernel with probably new opemu.

Mine is work from Sinetek, Bronzovka and myself...

Kernel and source diff attached below :D

Still todo: CRC32 instruction and POPCNT... then SSE4.2 bit can be used in the kernel...

Heya'll,

Is there a kernel working for Mavericks with an FX8350 and GTX760 combo? (Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Adr

Or would it be easier to run Mavericks in VMware (windows 8.1) with and AMD FX8350 and GTX760? (I have 16GB of ram)

Hi Adr01

You would need this kernel (from the first quoted post) to run either native or in VMware.

If you have Graphics Corruption use this kernel from СABBA - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=134840

hello there mavericks is working on my amd the issue is that it hangs without -f (still waiting for root device) tried totallyfixstillwaiting.kext did not helped, tried kext utility repair permissions, did not worked

any thoughts?