[AMD] General Chat, Questions & Answers

tragediana150

116 posts in this topic

About installation of the Yosemite.

In fact, we can be "installed" Yosemite in Windows

First of all, I install Yosemite on a Intel computer, adding the necessary kext files, confirm can enter the system, and then use the"Paragon Backup

Recovery 2014 Free "to backup the entire Mac partition.

Then the backup files are copied to the U disk, and then paste it into a AMD computer, use "Paragon Backup & Recovery" restore, replace the kernel (using the HFS for Win trail),install the chameleon, boot system.

Don't need enter the installation interface, can complete the installation too.

Some people will upload backup files to some cloud, for others to download.

Therefore, we needn't backup, direct download his backup to install

In fact, a lot of people use this method to install hackintosh in China

By the way, there are many China Company provide great space disk free.

Thanks!!

Way to go, Duran!

The App Store kernel bug is solved by your files... However, Safari still refuses to load iCloud.com. I'll try tomorrow again after applying the usual fixes I didn't bother to do today (repair permissions etc) and report results here.

All the best

• Like 1

@hzhjy123

Technically you are still installing Yosemite using the installer.

2nd: Why the extra step of backing up the system only to restore it again, it would it not be easier to use the HDD you installed Mac on in the PC.

Way to go, Duran!

The App Store kernel bug is solved by your files... However, Safari still refuses to load iCloud.com. I'll try tomorrow again after applying the usual fixes I didn't bother to do today (repair permissions etc) and report results here.

All the best

Try use the WebKit.app method, change the Framework from 10-9 to 10-10 and if it crashes with WebKit send me the crash and I'll try figure out where it's crashing. I am however having crashes if I use auto-fill in Safari, will get to this sometime as it might be my iCloud activation on my AMD machine.

Cheers

The webwit fix works perfectly for me. safari doesnt crash anymore, icloud.com works flawlessly and the appstore works now Thank you !  :wub:

btw you also fixed the iTunes store and the iBooks store.

• Like 1

The webwit fix works perfectly for me. safari doesnt crash anymore, icloud.com works flawlessly and the appstore works now Thank you !  :wub:

btw you also fixed the iTunes store and the iBooks store.

I didn't even know there was an issue with those too. Thanks for the update!

I also find Preview shows some images better (some were corrupt) and I'm not getting the white icons I used to in Launchpad but these two are most likely just my imagination.

I didn't even know there was an issue with those too. Thanks for the update!

I also find Preview shows some images better (some were corrupt) and I'm not getting the white icons I used to in Launchpad but these two are most likely just my imagination.

for launchpad I still get the white icons after restarting, I refresh it to default before restarting.

and about preview I cant tell for sure. but the finder shows some images very buggy.

for launchpad I still get the white icons after restarting, I refresh it to default before restarting.

and about preview I cant tell for sure. but the finder shows some images very buggy.

Yip I spoke too soon!

Attached is Launchpad-refresh-v5 Yosemite Edition.

As before:

Reset's the icons. Keeps the desktop picture and layout of LaunchPad

Don't forget to make it run on startup!

Save the attached to Applications,

Go to System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login items

Add the Launchpad Refresh.app in here.

Will update this post later for the Start-up script (faster)

launchpad-refresh-v5_Yosemite.zip

• Like 5

Ok when I first installed Yosemite , I couldn't get acces to the appstore ,itunes store etc .

I've tried several things nothing worked ,then I decided to make a copy of mine 10.8.5 bootplist and smbiosplist .( Done that before on 10.9. )

And it worked ,still works .

Maybe a kind of beginners luck but then again it worked for me .

• 3 weeks later...

With latest Duran's webkit patch (kernel - bsa_rc2):

- safari - ok

- appstore - ok

- launchpad - ok

screenshots - just blank space with graphics issues:

Awesome, can you do me a favour and check that in System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks:

JavaScriptCore.framework

WebKit.framework

Have a new modified date & time of when you ran the installer. Just so I know that the installer patched correctly this time.

Awesome, can you do me a favour and check that in System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks:

JavaScriptCore.framework

WebKit.framework

Have a new modified date & time of when you ran the installer. Just so I know that the installer patched correctly this time.

post-302440-14173420200278_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Just tested the new WebKit Installer and both JavaScriptCore.framework & WebKit.Framework got whacked as in deleted and not replaced.

Hey y2k4u

Thank you for your feedback, will look into it and see why the files didn't move into place after the script ran. I did do some tests on a VM and it worked there and worked above for lpukraine but otherwise I will have to look into an alternative method.

Just tested the new WebKit Installer and both JavaScriptCore.framework & WebKit.Framework got whacked as in deleted and not replaced.

My files also got deleted and not replaced after applying the new patch. Phenom X4 9550

I apologise for the previous build, please find my amended installer.

WebKit Patch Installer

However if you are having problem with the installer now crashing this is due to those files being missing and you will need to patch manually from the full files here WebKit Framework.

I do ask a favour after patching manually, please try the amended and report back to let me know that it works.

Kind Regards

Duran

• Like 2