Laptop - Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p - 10.9 - Mavericks

useletters

332 posts in this topic

If your getting like a purple/blue artifacts on the top bar, go to systemm preferences, then display, and choose a different config for your display.

I can't think the ecxact name, I'm installing Osx Yosemite on this laptop as soon as I get it running I'll lookup the name.

I manager to create a USB installer in another Mac PC, but my problem now is that I changed the intelazulfb from 12 to 15 in bootlist and after apple logo I get a black screen , any ideas?

Edit : Well  managed to solve the problem about the black screen booting with the flags :

-     grapphicsenabler=yes

-     intelazulfbr=12

-    -x -f -v

But now my problem is that the top bar is having some weird looking , and the battery percent stats isn't showing anymore.

If you mean something like this? post-800798-0-59440600-1401915541_thumb.png

I have the same thing, restoring AppleIntelFramebufferAzul from 10.9.2 will fix it

No need to restore kexts just changing the display configuration in the system preference will fix that.

Go to System Preferences

Click on Displays

Go to the Color Tab

Change to the Display profile, click on each and see which one fixes it.

On a different note OSX 10.10 installed fine on this machine, working on getting graphics to work. Clover is refusing to load once i remove one of the Nvidia cards.

Might have to see if we can get this NVIdia cards working.

They should as optimus is disable when both cards are in.

Anyone else having luck on that side?

No need to restore kexts just changing the display configuration in the system preference will fix that.

Go to System Preferences

Click on Displays

Go to the Color Tab

On a different note OSX 10.10 installed fine on this machine, working on getting graphics to work. Clover is refusing to load once i remove one of the Nvidia cards.

It worked for me , however the Apple Logo is still messed up , will I have problems installing the Kext ''AppleIntelFramebufferAzul'' ? I downloaded it from the internet .I didn't have it on my pc .

Go to System Preferences

Click on Displays

Go to the Color Tab

there is no way currently to boot os x on our laptop with two NVIDIA cards (SLI), there is no way to force working GT 750/755 until apple start using optimus technology. Don't waste your time)

Hello guys I have the same Lenovo Y510P Laptop with Dual Nvidia 755M Graphics. I have the latest Insyde H2O Bios v3.05 loaded in BIOS. So far I have managed to install Mavericks via USB and Clover Bootloader. I have managed to install it on first partition and on second I have Windows 8.1 Pro. I have installed Clover on EFI partition of my disk replacing windows boot manager .efi with one of the clover booting efi file. This helped me to do dual boot MAC OS X(Not loading properly) and Windows without the need of Clover USB boot.

Windows boots fine however I am unable to boot into MAC OS as during verbose boot it shows

post-1353968-0-86468100-1401977689_thumb.jpg

it writes the same error for every driver. So I have tried to delete APTIO uefi driver from Clover Bootloader as this lappy is not APTIO. I am however able to boot MAC OS via USB in legacy mode. My question is if it is possible to boot on this laptop in UEFI mod and what do I need to do in order to boot in UEFI. I have searched on internet and tried to put OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi in clover bootloader but nothing changed and it shows "Error loading driversI

I will appreciate any help.

I am kind a new to hackintoshing but I have some past in attempts to install Hacintosh on other computers with half success depending on hardware.

I pretty understand that my Intel Wifi Card is no go on macintosh so I am gonna order an compatible one even if I have to void warranty with flashing modded bios for whitelisting wifi card.

Nvidia 755m is out of luck on macintosh for now especially dual one but I dont really care as I intend to do some work on MACintosh I cant do on Windows and I dont care about gaming on Mac OS X.

Bluetooth is kind of semi working but that can be fixed by replacing compatible wifi card with BT chip I guess. I can still use my Samsung S4 for Internet tethering in the meantime while I order wifi card.

Thank you

You can definitly boot osx in UEFI mode as I am doing it right now, it probably depends on how your installing osx(i might be wrong), from my trial and errors installing osx on this laptop:

-If installed it in legacy mode I wasn't able to boot it in UEFI mode

-If installed in UEFI mode i wasn't able to load osx in legacy mode.

In my case I have Windows in the same drive, I'll leave my clover.config here as well as the kexts i'm currently using. I'm thinking of writing a proper installation guide using clover as soon as I get it working properly.

But for the moment i hope this helps you.

-With this config the HD4600 is working properly (you have to change profile in display preferences to remove a weird color artifacts in the menu bar)

-Ethernet

there is no way currently to boot os x on our laptop with two NVIDIA cards (SLI), there is no way to force working GT 750/755 until apple start using optimus technology. Don't waste your time)

Can you point me to any reference that states that the Internal NVidia card is not directly attach to the LCD (through lvsd)?

As I understand an Optimus laptop won't work because the dedicated card writes to the Integrated graphics card buffer to display to the screen.

However with this laptop when it is in SLI mode Optimus is disabled by the bios, hence in windows there is no trace of the HD4600, or in Linux and OSX for that matter.

Now i cant say with certainty that the LCD is connected directly to the Internal NVIdia card, but that seems to be the case, if you look online in various(Linux) forums this laptop Nvidia Cards (SLI) get properly detected without bumblebee(linux Optimus), not only that but if you extract the SSDTs for this laptop when in Optimus Mode and SLI mode you will see that the bios is passing different SSDT0 and SSDT1 to the system(completely turning off the HD4600).

Rather it seems the Nvidia card is not working is because: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284767-anyone-mobile-kepler-6xxm-working/page-9

"

AREOS

Hey, after some tests, I have a theory to explain why this machine and many other with mobile keepers fail on the screen detection, and why the EFI string does´t work with this machines.

It seems that apple is setting up some info on the DSDT+SSDT, to enable the port detection system, and this combined with the EFI string on the machine enables to use the perfect port for the output the machine have.

With the kepler on my G750 and the Alienware M17R4, and with many desktop cards this info is "empty" so the drivers enables a "generic" detection system, this is why we get the NVCAP <05 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00> with all the NVDA,display-A, B, C, D, outputs detected on the same port, (port02 on G750, port09 on Alienware).  With Nvidia Web Drivers this port detection is working to this "empty" info DSDT+SSDT systems. but in your G75 there is a lot of info into DSDT."

Clover Files.zip

Hi! This is my first successful hackintosh laptop. So please don't be too harsh on your comments or anything.

Anyway, here's The GUIDE Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P - OSx 10.9 Mavericks - please pin this or whatever.

DISCLAIMER - The following steps worked for my system, I'm not in anyway liable in any lost of your data in using this step.

CONTINUE ON YOUR OWN RISK

First and for most,

My system is:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P

Intel I7-4700MQ

Intel HD4600 integrated graphics

2x GT750m 2gb (not yet working for hackintosh)

Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Elan Touchpad

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (this obviously won't work, I have to change this really soon)

Lenovo EasyCamera

Assuming you know the basic of hackintoshing and you have Mavericks 10.9 with latest myHack and Chameleon bootloader r2266 in a thumb drive/DVD/media.

1. Download the attached files. (CREDITS TO THE OWNERS! I DON'T OWN ANY OF THIS)

2. Remove extra GPU from Ultrabay

3. Change BIOS settings, set SATA to AHCI, set Boot to Legacy Support

4. Download mach_kernel from RehabMan's post about Haswell early reboot post (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/?p=1962889)

5. Replace myHack's mach_kernel with RehabMan's mach_kernel using terminal or whatever way you can.

6. Boot installation with -x -f -v

7. Finish the installation of Mavericks

8. Boot Mavericks HDD with single mode (-s -f -v) or boot with myHack and use terminal

9. Using vi/terminal replace the mach_kernel of the Mavericks HDD with mach_kernel from myhack installation(retain mach_kernel on myHack so you can use it in the future)

9.1(Optional) Change GraphicsMode on Chameleon.

10. Reboot then boot Mavericks HDD with -x -f -v

11. Remove GeForce, Nvidia, and IntelXXXGraphics (optional, remove other extra gfx) kexts BUT retain IntelHD5000Graphics kexts

12. Install SMBios of MacBookPro 10,1 (attached) on Extra

13. Use attached Chameleon.

14. Install attached, remove conflicting kext, IONetworkingFamily, VoodooHDA, AppleACPIPlatform, AppleSmartBatteryManager using your favorite Kext helper.

15. As per PS/2 mouse, you can see lots of guides in our forums or the other, I'm using v4 from here, http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/, though it still has glitches.

16. Reboot then use GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12 (0-15 choose your magic number) -f -v

AND YOU'RE DONE :D just repair your chameleon and other collaterals.

Working for now:

- QE/CI

- Integrated graphics only (HD4600)

- Audio

- Trackpad, few glitches

- Camera

- Ethernet LAN

- USB 3.0

- HDMI

- Battery status

- Bluetooth (I think it works, I can see bluetooth devices)

Not working:

- WiFi

- Discrete Graphics (GT750m)

- Sleep

- other collaterals I do not know of..

Thank you for everyone who supported me in this hack, specially styrian. :D

CREDITS TO THE OWNERS OF KEXT AND OTHER THINGS I'VE USED! I CLAIM NO CREDIT OR WHATSOEVER TO THEM.

I'll try to have my other components working.

Thank you.

Thanks for the help "useletters". I got everything working except the touchpad and wireless card. I still haven't gotten the touchpad working yet even after reading through all of the posts on this thread. :/

To fix the WIFI I bought a "Broadcom BCM4352." After i installed the card and booted up, i got past the lenovo logo and then an error comes up that says "unauthorized wireless card install, please remove and restart."

I hope someone can help, i am extremely frustrated, especially after spending a decent amount of money on that WIFI card. 

Hello ka05!

For using your knew wificard you have to look or ask on the usual places for a bios with removed whitelist. But installing a moded bios can perhaps brick your device and void warranty.

Have fun.

PS: Sell your wificard and buy an usb one with the same chip.

Hello ka05!

For using your knew wificard you have to look or ask on the usual places for a bios with removed whitelist. But installing a moded bios can perhaps brick your device and void warranty.

Have fun.

is usb wifi card better than tethering from smartphone? i think speed will be the same, and 1 usb port is also busy

is usb wifi card better than tethering from smartphone? i think speed will be the same, and 1 usb port is also busy

Depends on the rest of your wifi hardware and your needs. In any case your phone stays with you, if you are away from your lappy while doing some jobs with wifi needed on it.

Have fun.

Hello ka05!

Have fun.

Thanks for the response, 

Unfortunately i think your right, i did a few hours of research and i have to remove the whitelist on my bios :/

This is extremely disappointing.

eblohm93 told me to buy that card when i messaged him since he claimed that his was working in his post on page 3:

Got it working! Thanks for the guide! Even got wireless working, but that's because I picked up a Broadcom card instead of the stock Intel card. 

How did his work but mine wont?

It is the exact same card

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response, 

Unfortunately i think your right, i did a few hours of research and i have to remove the whitelist on my bios :/

This is extremely disappointing.

eblohm93 told me to buy that card when i messaged him since he claimed that his was working in his post on page 3:

Got it working! Thanks for the guide! Even got wireless working, but that's because I picked up a Broadcom card instead of the stock Intel card. 

How did his work but mine wont?

It is the exact same card

Hi,

I'm sorry I have not replied on your messages.

Anyway, styrian is correct. You have to mod your BIOS. You can google 'whitelist removal lenovo y510p'. Be careful though, it can brick your device.

Hi,

I'm sorry I have not replied on your messages.

Anyway, styrian is correct. You have to mod your BIOS. You can google 'whitelist removal lenovo y510p'. Be careful though, it can brick your device.

Thanks guys, i got it working after following this guide:

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod.html 

Right now i am just having trouble with power management. When i get to 3% the laptop just shuts down. Also sleep and reboot do not work. The touchpad click will not work, i have to tap to click, which is unfortunate, because tapping and dragging will not work properly. 

Have any of you guys figured out getting sleep and reboot to work? 

If so please point me in the right direction, and thanks for all of the help thus far!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, i got it working after following this guide:

http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4668-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod.html 

Right now i am just having trouble with power management. When i get to 3% the laptop just shuts down. Also sleep and reboot do not work. The touchpad click will not work, i have to tap to click, which is unfortunate, because tapping and dragging will not work properly. 

Have any of you guys figured out getting sleep and reboot to work? 

If so please point me in the right direction, and thanks for all of the help thus far!

Try this guide for PM

Hi. There is no easier way to install OSx 10.9 Mavericks? I have no idea replace with RehabMan's myHack's mach_kernel mach_kernel using terminal, and the other operations. :blowup:On the HP dv6 I installed immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!!! Ive managed to install but I'm having a really really hard time editing my own DSDT for this laptop. Useletters could you possibly upload your DSDT? Or point me to a guide that could teach a five year old how to do this? Ive done so much research and I keep getting different answers...

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to install OS X on an external hard drive, until I wrote 'xpcm-free' 'not being able to install.
Not working: Audio
                     Trackpad
                     Ethernet LAN
                     HDMI
                     graphics
                     etc ...
Boot with no flag, I am amazed :))
To resolve the problems, can someone make an image to the system, whit disk utility? Then upload the image to a transfer site?
Thanks

P.S. Hello, I need some help, I copied on the USB mach_kernel from the forum. I install on the hard 10.9 and  when i get to customize, what should i need to select? Default?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have done these steps:

1. Download the attached files. (CREDITS TO THE OWNERS! I DON'T OWN ANY OF THIS)

2. Remove extra GPU from Ultrabay

3. Change BIOS settings, set SATA to AHCI, set Boot to Legacy Support

4. Download mach_kernel from RehabMan's post about Haswell early reboot post (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/?p=1962889)

5. Replace myHack's mach_kernel with RehabMan's mach_kernel using terminal or whatever way you can.

6. Boot installation with -x -f -v

7. Finish the installation of Mavericks

But when I try to do it "8. Boot Mavericks HDD with single mode (-s -f -v) " starts loading, and after 3 seconds to restart the computer.

if  I try to do it "boot with myHack and use terminal

9. Using vi/terminal replace the mach_kernel of the Mavericks HDD with mach_kernel from myhack installation(retain mach_kernel on myHack so you can use it in the future)"

my drive becomes inaktive. 

if i try started Mac OS without commands:

Show Apple logo 0.1 second and restart loptop. please help.