Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

RehabMan

469 posts in this topic

Sorry I edited link to my dropbox. Now it work.

Add this:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Error (404)

We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forumsfor help, or head back to home.

Just for completeness, this is the third (standalone) patch:

perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x6c(\x48\x83\xc7\x28\x90\x8b\x05\x5e\x30\x5e\x00\x85\x47\xdc)\x74\x54(\x8b\x4f\xd8\x45\x85\xc0\x74\x08\x44\x39\xc1\x44\x89\xc1)\x75\x44(\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x57\xf8\x48\x8b\x47\xe8\x48\x85\xc0\x74\x06\x48\xf7\xd0\x48\x21\xc2\x48\x0b\x57\xf0\x49\x89\xd1\x49\xc1\xe9\x20\x89\xd0\x8b\x4f\xd8\x4c\x89\xca)(\x0f\x30\x8b\x4f\xd8\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x17\x48\x83\xc7\x30\xff\xce)\x75\x99(\x5d\xc3)\x90{7}|\x74\x73${1}\x74\x5b${2}\x75\x4b${3}\x66\x81\xf9\xe2\x00\x74\x02${4}\x75\x92${5}|g' mach_kernel

Nice work man. Congratulations!

It appears that having a jump in pstates from idle to nominal (in this case x8 to x24) is by design. It appears to be intentional. I loaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext on my MacBookAir6,2 and it too jumps from idle (x8) to nominal (x17) with no states in between.

If it is good enough for the MacBookAir6,2, it is probably good enough for our hacks...

I'll try later after work!!!!!!Thank you for answer.

The SSDT can be generated with the current version of Pike's script.

See: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot/blob/clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools/ssdtPRGen.sh

Hello RehabMan!

Could you be so kind, to upload here in Downloads a binary version of the current script, because it would be very usefull for many others. Pike should for sure have no objections.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for a bit off topic.

Hello RehabMan!

Could you be so kind, to upload here in Downloads a binary version of the current script, because it would be very usefull for many others. Pike should for sure have no objections.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for a bit off topic.

There is no need and would just create confusion. The script is text interpreted by the bash shell(there is no binary). All you do is download the script, change permissions to execute (chmod +x ssdtPRgen.sh), and use it (./ssdtPRgen.sh).

Uploading it here would just mean it is out-of-date with respect to eventual updates to the one on github.

Haswell 4770-k
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX
Kingston DDR3-2400 8192MB HyperX Beast
Kingston HyperX SSD SandForceR 120GB
Inno3D GeForce GTX 770 iChill HerculeZ X3 Ultra 4GB

I can not install, create a bootable USB flash drive, laden with her, try to boot from -v , -x , -f , GraphicsEnabler=No

quickly go check and then immediately restart the computer,I can not even take a photo of the error

Haswell 4770-k

MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX

Kingston DDR3-2400 8192MB HyperX Beast

Kingston HyperX SSD SandForceR 120GB

Inno3D GeForce GTX 770 iChill HerculeZ X3 Ultra 4GB

I can not install, create a bootable USB flash drive, laden with her, try to boot from -v , -x , -f , GraphicsEnabler=No

quickly go check and then immediately restart the computer,I can not even take a photo of the error

Did you read post #1 of this thread?

Hi Rehabman , if set in config.plist ( clover uefi )

I dont need your mach_kernel patch?

I have understand well?

does clover automatically?

<dict>
        <key>AppleRTC</key>
        <false/>
        <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelCpu</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelPM</key>
        <true/>

wait your news

Hi Rehabman , if set in config.plist ( clover uefi )

I dont need your mach_kernel patch?

I have understand well?

does clover automatically?

<dict>
        <key>AppleRTC</key>
        <false/>
        <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelCpu</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelPM</key>
        <true/>

wait your news

I don't think you need KernelCpu (it is for older CPUs).

And I'm pretty sure Clover boot config keys are case-sensitive. So... you spelled it wrong: it is "KernelPm" not "KernelPM"

If your computer also has Local APIC panic (mine does), you should set "KernelLapic" as well...

The new "KernelPm" appears to be working as of Clover r2342.

His kernelcpu is to false. I think he simply has not removed that option. I don't think it can be a problem..

;) in fact

I don't think you need KernelCpu (it is for older CPUs).

And I'm pretty sure Clover boot config keys are case-sensitive. So... you spelled it wrong: it is "KernelPm" not "KernelPM"

If your computer also has Local APIC panic (mine does), you should set "KernelLapic" as well...

The new "KernelPm" appears to be working as of Clover r2342.

so i dont need KernelPm?

;) in fact

:-) I missed the "false" part...I generally don't add configs unless I'm trying to change the default..

so i dont need KernelPm?

If you have a Haswell with locked 0xE2 MSR, then you need it. I don't know the details of your computer...

But it must be spelled correctly ("KernelPm", not "KernelPM")

:-) I missed the "false" part...I generally don't add configs unless I'm trying to change the default..

If you have a Haswell with locked 0xE2 MSR, then you need it. I don't know the details of your computer...

But it must be spelled correctly ("KernelPm", not "KernelPM")

Yes, thanks I saw my mistake, I wrote M with large letter, thanks ... but how do I tell if I have a Haswell with locked 0xE2 MSR ? I have a 4770K

Yes, thanks I saw my mistake, I wrote M with large letter, thanks ... but how do I tell if I have a Haswell with locked 0xE2 MSR ? I have a 4770K

It is something your BIOS does (or doesn't), nothing to do with the CPU you have. Other than you definitely have Haswell (all Haswell CPUs start with '4' as in 4th gen)...

If you have an instant KP or instant reboot using the vanilla kernel, then you need a patched kernel. Either by patching it on disk or by patching it on-the-fly with Clover.

It is something your BIOS does (or doesn't), nothing to do with the CPU you have. Other than you definitely have Haswell (all Haswell CPUs start with '4' as in 4th gen)...

If you have an instant KP or instant reboot using the vanilla kernel, then you need a patched kernel. Either by patching it on disk or by patching it on-the-fly with Clover.

ah yes...It happened once that coming from a desktop pc is restarted I had a sudden reboot..mhmm

ah yes...It happened once that coming from a desktop pc is restarted I had a sudden reboot..mhmm

It is not something random/intermittent. It is something that happens every time, even before reaching the OS X installer.

It is not something random/intermittent. It is something that happens every time, even before reaching the OS X installer.

ah ok...so for me i dont need this mach_kernel patch or patch on fly clover...

I've noticed these always restarts, it happened once