E-Way Technology Systems: a mac mini clone?

tomnic

12 posts in this topic

Source http://www.tizioandcaio.com/articoli/articolo.asp?news=1910

TU-tiny-$100-low-cost-thin-client-PC-system-75p.jpg

It's a TU-40, a very nice minipc with a special linux redistribution... It has a 200 MHz processor, 128 Mb of ram, 8 Mb of video ram, 11cm x 3.5cm are its physical dimensions:

# VGA connector

# 10/100 Ethernet (optionally it's possible to install an 802.11b/g WiFi)

# CompactFlash Type I/II slot

# 3 Usb ports

It only costs $99!!! Here is the complete catalogue: http://www.ewayco.com/51-embedded-systems-...X-low-cost.html

Not as powerful as a mac mini but nice design indeed... I wanna try one of them!!! :thumbsdown_anim:

Someone should buy one, and add more memory and a faster processor plus a better video card. Then it would be better.

Someone should buy one, and add more memory and a faster processor plus a better video card. Then it would be better.

Umm, What you just said wouldn't work out well AT ALL. First off, the video card wouldn't be upgradable, also as stated by errandwolfe, it is passive, and it would overheat (also, I doubt you could find a processor that is much faster for the socket. ++The thing has like no hard drive from what I read, so you wouldn't be able to do much with it, as it is intended to be a thin client (a stripped down computer to remote desktop/VNC to a server.

A great idea, but it fails in almost every way. Maybe you could connect remotely to mac, but thats all the osx goodness coming out of it possible.

-Neospy

Are these not closer to the Mac Mini than that 200MHz system just for more money? Unless the point of this post was to show an inexpensive tiny computer I believe those systems are really junky. Even for linux, it wouldnt get the job done because most people enjoy getting to use a GUI (such as KDE or GNOME)

I very much doubt you could add a faster CPU. Something this small has to rely on passive cooling, a more powerful CPU would overheat in a second. Also running at 200Mhz I doubt the mobo is anything modern.

well, you could get a new cpu, motherboard, video card, ram, optical disc, etc. and put it in a new case to counteract the cooling problems. oh wait...

Okay.

mini.jpg

Done.