[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

@rfic

(SurfaceOSX)

are others usb devices working?

if the answer is yes,

• the device could be damaged
  • the driver you are using is not the right one.

to search for drivers:

1. go to applications
  2. utility
  3. open system info
  4. go to usb
  5. find your device in the list
  6. check for vendor and product id (the first two entry in the picture)

2nbrmyr.png

In this particular case i have a 0x3070 prod id and 0x148f

so the next step is doing a couple of searches on google, something like:

• osx86 0x3070 0x148f
  • 0x3070 0x148f mac

So, have fun and goodluck

P.s.

Picture is just a reference, it's not actually from a surfacepro.

[surfaceOSX]

happy new year to all ! thanks to JahStories and other guys in this post.

finally mavericks works on my surface pro, and here's screen shot. the touch base driver is too expensive to buy, so just use touch cover

@JahStories, did you figure out how to access apple account? You mention change some id, does it work?

Thanks

post-1274097-0-14758100-1388544624_thumb.png

@JahStories

Thanks anyways, I'll try it again. I was trying to pass -x -v -f and was trying to pass the graphics injector but I'm not sure I was spelling it right on the command line, or if it was supposed to go into one of the option menus of clover. 

I was thinking you had posted that you had surface 2 working, but I realized when looking back through the thread again it was @Antilogic32  that got it working.

Thanks,

(surface2osx)

YOU HAVE TO USE THE MODDED HASWELL KERNEL sorry but i've wrote it too much

and since other users accomplished the installation

if you find issues

YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

(surface2osx)

Thanks, I got further this time.

Now I'm getting an acpi error.

Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Users/Admin/Projects/kernel/xnu-2422.1.72/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1497

try different ver of clover -- i had this issue also, after i tried different ver of clover, get sloved -- i'm using jahstories' ver, instead of latest

(surface2osx)

I copied the Kernel from:http://www.osx86.net/files/download/3647-109-mavericks-haswell-kernel/ onto the root of the USB stick. I also tried running the patch from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/ on the regular 10.9.1 kernel from a Non-Haswell MBP.

All I did was copy the kernel to the root of the memory stick. Is there something I need to do to get the boot loader to use the new kernel? Like on older linux systems running Lilo?

Thanks,

(surface2osx)

That was exactly my problem, rfic!  Could you provide a link to the version of clover that you used or the post number that has the link to Jah's download?

i'll check it after i go homr -- in office, have no access

(surfaceosx)

Hi - im intersted in a Surface Hackintosh. It is all Hardware running ?? Bluetooth , Camera , SD Card Reader and so on ?? Yes i know the internal Wifi is not running.

touch screen partly works; touch pen not working properly (there's some driver sell for $100, too expensive for me -- install the trial ver, feel pen working partly, but not totally) -- jah, pls comment me if i'm wrong here

wifi/bluetooth: can only use usb dongle, works, but can't access app store

didn't try sd card or camera

(surface2osx)

So I've installed OS X 10.9.1 onto a new partition on my 256gig surf, but it keeps booting into windows when I try to load OS X from the new volume.  I've tried safe mode by hitting space bar in clover but no dice.  After OS X initially finishes installing, it boots straight into windows and doesn't give me a chance to make any of the console command changes e.g.:

• Copy the required kexts to /S/L/E:
  • cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • etc....

Since I'm dual-booting I formatted the partition on my surf and changed the necessary OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstall files on the USB.

Also when following the Vanilla Maverick Guide for making the USB I stopped at the Chameleon step.  I think I'm having the same problem as macspike from post #105.  I'm gonna keep trying different combinations of things to get this working but if anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.  Thanks!

(surface2osx)

So I've installed OS X 10.9.1 onto a new partition on my 256gig surf, but it keeps booting into windows when I try to load OS X from the new volume.  I've tried safe mode by hitting space bar in clover but no dice.  After OS X initially finishes installing, it boots straight into windows and doesn't give me a chance to make any of the console command changes e.g.:

• Copy the required kexts to /S/L/E:
  • cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"NEW OSX PARTITION"/System/Library/Extensions/
  • etc....

Since I'm dual-booting I formatted the partition on my surf and changed the necessary OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstall files on the USB.

Also when following the Vanilla Maverick Guide for making the USB I stopped at the Chameleon step.  I think I'm having the same problem as macspike from post #105.  I'm gonna keep trying different combinations of things to get this working but if anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.  Thanks!

Try running the installer again, but don't use it to install. use it to run terminal and do the kext copying...  Also, in the clover option menu you can add manual flags such as -x and then press space to choose a mode "on top of" your manual -x command (when booting into osx)...  Hope that helps a bit... :)

touch screen partly works; touch pen not working properly (there's some driver sell for $100, too expensive for me -- install the trial ver, feel pen working partly, but not totally) -- jah, pls comment me if i'm wrong here

wifi/bluetooth: can only use usb dongle, works, but can't access app store

didn't try sd card or camera

(SurfaceOsx)

sorry but i have to correct you,

with drivers touch screen works perfectly, pen driver is not calibratable right now (i'm actually waiting for a driver fix by touchbase)

sd card works ootb (someone actually even installed the system on it)

camera (both front and back) are working ootb even in photobooth.

btw

No wifi or bluetooth (but you can use any "nail sized" usb key)

EDUP-N8530-150M-Mini-USB-wireless-networ

Try running the installer again, but don't use it to install. use it to run terminal and do the kext copying...  Also, in the clover option menu you can add manual flags such as -x and then press space to choose a mode "on top of" your manual -x command (when booting into osx)...  Hope that helps a bit... :)

I made the console commands in the installer like you said, but whenever I try to boot it still shows the red surface screen then boots to windows.

Now to add those clover commands... I can get into the clover options menu but I don't see where you add the flags.

(surfaceosx)

Hi all.  I am new to this but have fun trying all this stuff.  I followed the instructions to a "T" to make a bootable USB stick but wondered at which part can I stop and come back to installing Clover and the kexts?  Right before installing Chamelion?  Then when I come back to install Clover, no one has really clearly indicated that you have to go to "custom" and select EFI, drivers, etc rather than just standard install.  Once I did this, I was able to see both EFI and the other partition when still in the Macbook (where I created the bootable USB).  However, when I try to hold volume down on my Surface Pro and click the power button, it does not boot from the USB??  So I put the USB stick back in the Mac and it "mounts" the Base Image USB but NOT the EFI partition...is this normal?  Why is my Surface Pro not able to boot to this USB stick?

In Summary, what are the exact steps to installing Clover?  Can someone share?  Where can I stop in the detailed instructions before installing Clover?  End of step 2.1 (copy mach_kernel to root of USB)?  Finally, besides going into advanced firmware on Surface Pro (volume up and reboot) to shut off the secure boot, what else am I missing?

Thanks in advance all.

(surfaceosx)

update.  Got the blue screen which I assume is clover main menu.  Where do I put the -x in the options?  I don't have any menu to "install" anything...rather boot Max OS Base from Mac OS base or something like that....click that and apple logo comes up then the process stalls.

@swyner

are you using a surface pro or a surface pro 2 ?!?!?! (use the badges)

read all posts before asking for help

use the first post as guide for the surface pro 1

or use the antilogic's one if you are on surface pro 2

p.s.

to edit clover boot option press space on clover bootscreen.

@yaj01

maybe you are missing this part of the guide

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix Bootloader: 

Boot back to osx using your osxpeninstaller you may need to boot safely

open the terminal

type:

• diskutil list

verify which is the system partition, the one where you installed osx. (* stand to the number of the disk ex. disk0s2, ** stands to partition n° ex. disk0s2)

then type:

• fdisk -e /dev/rdisk*​​​
  • f **
  • write
  • y
  • exit
  • reboot

Done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck and happy hacking.