"Still waiting for root device" iAtkos s3 v2

angryjack

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I really need your help

I've been looking on your forums for a few days, I've searched everywhere and i cant find anything anywhere, so i decided to write a post.

Im trying to install iAtkos s3 v2 Snow leopard on my old Compaq presario s0000/8000.

It has 512mb ram

Intel Pentium 4 with HT technology

Intel extreme graphics 

I have a usb keyboard/mouse wireless. 

This is post intstallation, i cant even get to the install. i insert the disc, boot up the PC and i get to the iAtkos boot screen, press any key to boot from disc or press f8 for more options, ive tried boot flags or whatever you call them -x with -v -x, -v, -s wont boot at all. it says 

ERROR: Firewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure.

I wait and then i get 

Still waiting for root device

this continues on and on. I've seen posts about still waiting for root device but none of the replys ever seem to work. when i turn off fire wire in BIOS, i get "com.apple.AppleFSCompresionTypeZlib load succeeded."

then 

still waiting for root device

I once got what I though was a kernel panic, cant quite remember, something like 

please take a photo of the screen and send to someone and explain what you were doing at the time.

sorry for any inconvenience (then loads of different numbers.

if I don't use any boot flags then my apple logo appears with the loading pin and then a few mins later I get the circle with diagonal line through it.

I don't know what to do, i have an idea it might be something to do with my hard drive. I recently had iDeneb leopard installed but i really need snow leopard i watched a video on YouTube how to do it with pentium 4 processor and 512mb ram, it is possible, apple may say its not compatible but I've seen it up and running. so if it is my hard drive maybe i need to format it to a certain type, but I don't know how with no OS installed as i formatted iDeneb through Windows XP installation disk but only to (raw) I don't know what that is, it doesn't pick up NTFS file system. so i really don't know. please help! 

and I've spent like an hour explaining this so please don't say its not compatible or something stupid because I know it is i just need an answer!

Thanks!

my photos wont upload

• 1 month later...