Mountain Lion Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

76 posts in this topic

this patch does not work anymore with 10.8.5

1. The 10.8.4 patch (-84) should not be applied to the 10.8.5 kext.  (The script does not check for this condition)

2. The 10.8.5 patch (-85) should not be applied to the 10.8.4 kext.  (The script does not check for this condition)

3. The 10.8.5 AppleHDA.kext does not work in 10.8.4.

4. The 10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext with the 10.8.4 (-84) patch works in 10.8.5.

Hi everybody!

I have 10.8.5 final version. Of course, I don´t have Audio. I reinstall this guide. When I reboot I listen a pop and two seconds after the black icon is grey and no sound. Any idea? Thanks!

See Post #1, Problem Reporting, reply with requested information.

• Like 1

reporting problem:

1. no sound after applying combo 10.8.5. After applying your patch the AppleHDA.kext won't even get loaded. It is possible to load it afterward with kextload, but there is no difference. After reboot no AppleHDA.kext

2. 10.8.5/ga-z68x-ud5-b3/F10/i2600k/2*geforce 570

3. used the -85 patch on the AppleHDA.kext(2.4.7fc2)/your guide/2.4.7fc2

4. /Extra/DSDT.aml patched with your guide with audioID:1 as seen on the screenshot below

5. complete output of `ioreg -lx` looking for something specific, please tell me

6. I have only one line after reboot with "grep sound": kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 504

7. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)

8. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Graphics/Displays

9. Patched AppleHDA.kext

10. looking for something specific, please tell me...

reporting problem:

1. no sound after applying combo 10.8.5. After applying your patch the AppleHDA.kext won't even get loaded. It is possible to load it afterward with kextload, but there is no difference. After reboot no AppleHDA.kext

6. I have only one line after reboot with "grep sound": kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 504

No need to double post.  Use this thread for Support with the method in Post #1.  A link for the GUI version of IOReg has been added to the first post; reply with a copy of IOReg.  A clarification, in what order did you patch AppleHDA.kext,  a. 10.8.5 Update, patch, reboot or b. Update, reboot, patch reboot or c. other?  AppleHDA binary in not loading in 10.8.5, neither 10.8.4 or 10.8.5 on 889.  I do not have a solution at this time.

toleda, your script is deleting com.apple.xpchelper.cache at S/L/Caches/. 

Thanks.  Script to be modified, will advise when implemented.

• Like 1

No need to double post.  Use this thread for Support with the method in Post #1.  A link for the GUI version of IOReg has been added to the first post; reply with a copy of IOReg.  A clarification, in what order did you patch AppleHDA.kext,  a. 10.8.5 Update, patch, reboot or b. Update, reboot, patch reboot or c. other?  AppleHDA binary in not loading in 10.8.5, neither 10.8.4 or 10.8.5 on 889.  I do not have a solution at this time.

Thanks.  Script to be modified, will advise when implemented.

My problem is solved after I removed the kernel flag npci=0x3000. Thanks for your scripts, Toleda...

My problem is solved after I removed the kernel flag npci=0x3000. Thanks for your scripts, Toleda...

Update v7: 9/16/13  10.8.5 audio not working with npci=0x2000

Credit BiTRiP and twistedsystems for the fix.  

Fix applies to 10.8.5 and 10.9.

• Like 2

Have you create a new versions? For apply new releases it's the same installation or place the kext with kextloader?

The most current patch is for 10.8.5.  The patches are specific to the released version of AppleHDA.kext.  The 10.9 patch will be available soon after the release of 10.9 and will use that AppleHDA.kext.  FYI, both 10.4 patch/10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext and 10.8.5 patch/AppleHDA.kext work in 10.9.

• Like 1

The most current patch is for 10.8.5.  The patches are specific to the released version of AppleHDA.kext.  The 10.9 patch will be available soon after the release of 10.9 and will use that AppleHDA.kext.  FYI, both 10.4 patch/10.8.4 AppleHDA.kext and 10.8.5 patch/AppleHDA.kext work in 10.9.

Help with ALC885 please  :blush:

toleda, your script is deleting com.apple.xpchelper.cache at S/L/Caches/

Rebuild kernelcache command modification committed.  Verify solution when convenient.

Help with ALC885 please  :blush:

10.8.5 patch available for all supported codecs (and versions).

Hello from me aswell...

I tried to patch the alc888 2.4.7 applehda in 10.8.5 (i used audioid=1 but i would like to use audioid=12,and that is because up untill now that was the audioid i used) and i think i got something wrong.

First of all the names in the settings panel are IntSpeakers instead of Internal Speakers,InternalMic instead of Internal Mic etc,and i think that an output device is missing from the list,although i cant remember what exactly its name was.

i have some sound assertions aswell.

My mobo is GA EP43-DS3,cpu intel core 2 quad q9550,graphics nvidiagtx 260.

The edit that i use in dsdt in hdef is only audioid=1.

I tried to patch the alc888 2.4.7 applehda in 10.8.5 (i used audioid=1 but i would like to use audioid=12,and that is because up untill now that was the audioid i used) and i think i got something wrong.

See Problem Reporting in Post #1, reply with requested info.

First of all the names in the settings panel are IntSpeakers instead of Internal Speakers,InternalMic instead of Internal Mic etc,and i think that an output device is missing from the list,although i cant remember what exactly its name was.

IOReg, dsdt, and ApplehDA.kext look correct and say audio is working.  Post a screenshot of the "settings panel" that does not look correct and identify what is missing.

Here are two screenshots with the input and output panels in sound settings..

Also,toleda,would it be possible for you to tell me how to make a patched applehda and use audio id=12?Or can I use this kext with audio id=12 and if yes,how can I?
Because I tried with the ssdt method and i havent got it to work.I'm asking because I dont think that i have understood the whole patching process 100%. :P

also with the 10.8.5 patched applehda i am missing digital in in the input sources..i found out for sure when i used the 2.3.7 from 10.8.4.

post-550204-0-04097400-1379812533_thumb.png

post-550204-0-31972500-1379812549_thumb.png

Here are two screenshots with the input and output panels in sound settings..

Also,toleda,would it be possible for you to tell me how to make a patched applehda and use audio id=12?Or can I use this kext with audio id=12 and if yes,how can I?

also with the 10.8.5 patched applehda i am missing digital in in the input sources..i found out for sure when i used the 2.3.7 from 10.8.4.

Interesting, I have never seen those images.  A suggestion, back up what you have, delete AppleHDA.kext, install the native AppleHDA and patch again (rename Desktop/audio_ALC888).

What is up with Audio_ID: 12?  The 888 AppleHDA.kext use Audio ID: 1, Audio ID: 12 will not work.

To change to 12 is work for every software update (make layout_id:12 from 888 codecID/layout_id: 1, rename layout1 to layout12, can't have both).

The 885 has SPDIFIn; see 885 pinconfigs, layout1 and pathmaps and apply same to 888.

I didnt understand your suggestion completely...can u give me some more details on how i can patch my applehda and use audio id=12 instead of 1?

I tried renaming layout1.xml.zlib to layout12.xml.zlib and in audio_alc888-85_patch.command aswell,but i got nothing.

I also want to ask one thing.Whats the difference between using layoutid=1 and layoutid=12 for my motherboard?