HP Pavilion dv6 3136tx will not boot (iATKOS ML2)

mitch101

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys, my copy of ML will not boot after install. Here's the error in full:

[AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] ERROR waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification this = 0xffffff8010348000

kBluetoothHCIEventHardwareError occurred status = 0x0037 (kBluetoothHCIErrorSecureSimplePairingNotSupportedByHost or kBluetoothHCIErrorMax) mNumberOfCommandsAllowedByHardware 1

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

And then it just hangs there.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 Processor

ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 GPU

Intel HD Graphics Inbuilt

6GB of DDR3 RAM

Windows 7

Please note I have NO access to ANY Macs or Linux machines.

Boot Flags:

-v, CPUs=1 (CPUs=1 fixes APIC error.) GraphicsInjector=No/Yes (neither work)

I use Clover bootloader.

Thanks!

@mitch101 I think your expecting this whole process to be really easy for some reason. As artur-pt mentioned here in your last thread, hackintosh is 99% reading, googling, and persistency. I can personally say that it can take more than half a year to get everything working as expected. If your not dedicated enough to spend this much time then I'd recommend you go buy a real mac :P

Here's just some general advice of things that will help. I have a similar HP laptop.

1. I wouldn't recommend using distros, like iAtkos, because you wont learn how to maintain your system yourself. Create your own vanilla installation.

2. Make sure you specify the correct bus ratio for your intel i5 processor when booting.

3. Modify your DSDT to get better native support for your hardware.

4. Either patch AICPM or modify your bios if you want to utilize c and p states. Otherwise use nullAppleIntelCpuPowerManagement to disable OS X's native cpu power management.

5. To utilize all cores of your cpu, either patch your kernel or use clover's lapic patching feature.

6. That GPU will require you to modify your framebuffer, inject your EDID, and inject its info to get it working. I think Clover can do all three of these things.

Hope that helps. Good luck! :D

• Like 1

@mitch101 I think your expecting this whole process to be really easy for some reason. As artur-pt mentioned here in your last thread, hackintosh is 99% reading, googling, and persistency. I can personally say that it can take more than half a year to get everything working as expected. If your not dedicated enough to spend this much time then I'd recommend you go buy a real mac :P

Here's just some general advice of things that will help. I have a similar HP laptop.

1. I wouldn't recommend using distros, like iAtkos, because you wont learn how to maintain your system yourself. Create your own vanilla installation.

2. Make sure you specify the correct bus ratio for your intel i5 processor when booting.

3. Modify your DSDT to get better native support for your hardware.

4. Either patch AICPM or modify your bios if you want to utilize c and p states. Otherwise use nullAppleIntelCpuPowerManagement to disable OS X's native cpu power management.

5. To utilize all cores of your cpu, either patch your kernel or use clover's lapic patching feature.

6. That GPU will require you to modify your framebuffer, inject your EDID, and inject its info to get it working. I think Clover can do all three of these things.

Hope that helps. Good luck! :D

Argh! Just found out I have an old copy of a Lion VM on my HDD, so I could use vanilla, possibly patch it with The Tony Who Shall Not Be Named's tools.

EDIT: Ehh... or not. Turns out it's corrupted...

@mitch101 If you decided to go with a vanilla installation, then they should be installed under S/L/E. The ones for Ati 5xxx series GPUs are ATI5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext.

As I said, I have no Macs. Can anyone provide a DOWNLOAD so I can add them? I am using iATKOS.

I'm not sure why you think you need access to a mac? I've never had access to a mac and I haven't had any problems.

Here's a link to the kernel extensions. Found them after only a few seconds of googling. I assume they're both slightly modified to include the uploader's card's devie ID and custom framebuffer.