Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

Okay I get this at the end of the creation process:

Adopting on-disk ownership on  ...

vsdbutil: Couldn't get volume information for '': No such file or directory

vsdbutil: no valid volume UUID found on '': No such file or directory

@gerard71, i'll do something later for this.....

@MiniHack, mach_kernel are in place as expected! but were is the Extra Folder? (Clover?? :) )

Okay I get this at the end of the creation process:

Adopting on-disk ownership on  ...

vsdbutil: Couldn't get volume information for '': No such file or directory

vsdbutil: no valid volume UUID found on '': No such file or directory

Ok, find how to solve, awaiting for new Update..

Can you try to copy your "Install app" into /Application, and putting Pandora in Desktop?

Micky

@ Minihack until Micky fixed the problems you can do like my post # 42

puts Install OS X Lion Mountain others floder in the application folder

Pandora will ask you where it is

you said it and no problem after

@micicky

Once the USB drive, apart from the option dart = 0 does not work, everything else moves perfectly

good job boys  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

:hysterical: I think you're wrong in this Topic  :hysterical:===>  :offtopic:

☟

Pandora.png

However OSInstall.mpkg go in:

/System/Installation/Packages/   (not valid for Installer made with Pandora)

and OSInstall go in:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/

Micky :)  :hysterical:

Hi Micky,

about this info in Pandora's AppleRTC patch

What DSDT patch is this?

Thanks.

Well I'm talking about putting some IRQ(es) in HPET, and move other somewhere else ...

When I had my old laptop DV7 6190sl, put modded bios  even if  was RSA signed, and for each CMOS reset had some semi-brick. ..after always solved as mentioned above

I'm total in wrong? :lol:

If it is wrong, change description..

Micky

hi..

I'm getting black screen ,when suppose video comes in with the wallpaper to begin the installation..on a asrock.z77, nv g210

too much more decisions from beta1... :D

but I'll make it work...

c.frio

edit..another issue...missing bluetooth transport something...

• Like 1

the installer is not working for me on MacBook Pro retina, does't start, can't create usb stick 

english system, i've tried a dozen times with different config still the same :

i 'm asked my password a second time on a black window. the black window disappear and nothing else happens.

(i build usb stick with pandora 1 on this machine.)

i try to update the update says it fails.

im trying on a different comp, it can launch and create script

Well I'm talking about putting some IRQ(es) in HPET, and move other somewhere else ...

When I had my old laptop DV7 6190sl, put modded bios  even if  was RSA signed, and for each CMOS reset had some semi-brick. ..after always solved as mentioned above

I'm total in wrong? :lol:

If it is wrong, change description..

Micky

I really do not know, that's why I asked...

For what I know, the RTC patch in DSDT (set length to 2) avoids CMOS reset after every reboot/shutdown on some machines, but it's not related to CMOS reset after sleep/wake, which happens even with a patched DSDT and can be fixed by AppleRTC patch (jump checksum updates).

I think there's a little misunderstanding about this, but I'm not really sure. I never heard about the IRQs patch (HPET, RTC, PIC, TMR) being related to CMOS resets.

I really do not know, that's why I asked...

For what I know, the RTC patch in DSDT (set length to 2) avoids CMOS reset after every reboot/shutdown on some machines, but it's not related to CMOS reset after sleep/wake, which happens even with a patched DSDT and can be fixed by AppleRTC patch (jump checksum updates).

I think there's a little misunderstanding about this, but I'm not really sure. I never heard about the IRQs patch (HPET, RTC, PIC, TMR) being related to CMOS resets.

I read somewhere (though in my experience I have to take to be true):

it seems that rtc alarms are ignored after the RTC CMOS is suspended, but before the operating system is fully in sleep .... since  HPET are not disabled and still manages interrupts, a wake event has never
registered by the RTC.
And in some cases seems to work, really, perhaps an integration of two things give better result, maybe not, not know with certainty.

Maybe some do not need the RTC patch, but to reallocate their IRQ.

Micky

At least in my case (Asus P5E), even with RTC length set to 2 (needed to avoid CMOS reset after reboot/shutdown) and IRQs relocated (needed to avoid sound stuttering with SpeedStep enabled), I have CMOS reset after sleep/wake. The only way to fix it is patching AppleRTC.

Pandora installer did its stuff no errors were reported, I changed kernel on created InstallerUSB, rebooted and system wont boot from USB.

I know how to set BIOS to do this, did it many times but this time it wont boot! ModUsb Snowlion usb intallation is booting..

Am I missing something?

edit: Pandora is in apps folder, I`m trying to make Lion install from retail dmg, AMD system

edit2: updating pandora, will try again

I downloaded the app but don't know password to open. Can somebody help me?

The zip file don't have a password. Re-download or use another tool to extract it...

• Like 1

Pandora installer did its stuff no errors were reported, I changed kernel on created InstallerUSB, rebooted and system wont boot from USB.

I know how to set BIOS to do this, did it many times but this time it wont boot! ModUsb Snowlion usb intallation is booting..

Am I missing something?

edit: Pandora is in apps folder, I`m trying to make Lion install from retail dmg, AMD system

still nothing.. I noticed that there is no Extra folder created on USB

Am I missing something?

Frankly I'm not an expert on AMD systems, but if Pandora did not give errors, maybe it's all right....
My GOD, if installer does not want to boot, it can be many things, but you have to be more precise:

- What settings have the Pandora preferences panel?
- OSx version used?
- you've chosen option which includes NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? (required for AMD CPU)
- Which kernel did you use, and where did you get it?
- Mavericks,  does not have a patched AMD kernel, yet (for which there is no AMD support).

- What do you mean wont boot from USB.? What mistakes are there in the boot? you are able to see the boot screen?

Micky

im trying on a different comp, it can launch and create script

What do you mean with above? Do you have an Administrative account on your MBP Retina??

Micky

At least in my case (Asus P5E), even with RTC length set to 2 (needed to avoid CMOS reset after reboot/shutdown) and IRQs relocated (needed to avoid sound stuttering with SpeedStep enabled), I have CMOS reset after sleep/wake. The only way to fix it is patching AppleRTC.

However, you have full reason: RTC is a problem that can be solved in a certain way, other things, although they may be indirectly related, are "other problems". Will remove the  "about dsdt patch", from the description.

Micky

- What settings have the Pandora preferences panel?

-USB/ Lion / Desktop+all / Macpro 5,1 / 1400x900 / ....

- OSx version used?

SnowLion 10.6.7 VM

- you've chosen option which includes NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? (required for AMD CPU)

Yep

- Which kernel did you use, and where did you get it?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lz9gow6rw3k6dav/mach_kernel_FX_10_7_5_64.zip

- What do you mean wont boot from USB.? What mistakes are there in the boot? you are able to see the boot screen?

It stucks just before boot loader should start, no on-screen massages.. Like there is no boot loader..

-USB/ Lion / Desktop+all / Macpro 5,1 / 1400x900 / ....

SnowLion 10.6.7 VM

Yep

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lz9gow6rw3k6dav/mach_kernel_FX_10_7_5_64.zip

It stucks just before boot loader should start, no on-screen massages.. Like there is no boot loader..

SnowLion 10.6.7 VM = Virtual Machine?

If so, soon found the problem.

Micky

• Like 1