Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

hi

how can I update the chamaleon part on pandora?

c.frio

This is delicate ..

Pandora uses some modules, such as KernelPatcher.dylib and HDAEnabler.dylib, so you should update your bootloader, when OSx is installed, using a precompiled installer, or boot binaryes using Chameleon Wizard.
If you change your bootloader, remember to replace modules from your new bootloader. If you are using Clover, they no longer needed, why not used by him.

However, an update is coming ...

Micky

yet another question, I have the csm disabled by bios, because I use clover in UEFI mode, to start the pen drive that I created I set to force in legacy mode, mhmm.

Carmine, on your USB Installer, copy boot.efi from

/Volumes/Pandora Installer/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi

to 

/Volumes/Pandora Installer/

so, in the root of USB key.

Retry with UEFI mode with Clover, and let me know.

Micky

Carmine, on your USB Installer, copy boot.efi from

/Volumes/Pandora Installer/usr/standalone/i386/boot.efi

to 

/Volumes/Pandora Installer/

so, in the root of USB key.

Retry with UEFI mode with Clover, and let me know.

Micky

mhmm...i dont see nothing

post-410253-0-28387400-1376240141_thumb.png

Volumes mean the volume, USB stick of Pandora Installer when is mounted, so..look into a USB where you have restored Mavericks using Pandora:

usr/standalone/i386/

(lì dentro trovi boot.efi e forse può essere come file nascosto...rendi i file visibili prima, e poi copialo nella root della chiavetta, in pratica dove c'è il mach_kernel)

I just modified the script, in the next release boot.efi will have a copy in the root of the USB stick/DVD Installer made with Pandora to use Clover bootloader in UEFI mode.

Micky

Volumes mean the volume, USB stick of Pandora Installer when is mounted, so..look into a USB where you have restored Mavericks using Pandora:

usr/standalone/i386/

(lì dentro trovi boot.efi e forse può essere come file nascosto...rendi i file visibili prima, e poi copialo nella root della chiavetta, in pratica dove c'è il mach_kernel)

I just modified the script, in the next release boot.efi will have a copy in the root of the USB stick/DVD Installer made with Pandora to use Clover bootloader in UEFI mode.

Micky

:wallbash: :wallbash: i dont unterstand ...dont see nothing...ufff

ok ok...i see now..sorry w8 now try if start with f8

ok Mike , now i see this file...and put in root Installer..but when restart and enter with f8 dont start pen drive ...

Ti ripeto forse ho il CSM disabilitato dal bios

post-410253-0-42345100-1376246282_thumb.png

If  Compatibility Support Module is disabled, this is ok...if you want to boot in UEFI mode, I'm wrong?...or is already enable to boot in legacy mode?

Micky

EDIT

but you mean to boot USB installer, or OSx installation? (I was mean to have boot.efi in the the root of Pandora Installer to be copied, and ready to use Clover, but on final Installation)

If  Compatibility Support Module is disabled, this is ok...if you want to boot in UEFI mode, I'm wrong?...or is already enable to boot in legacy mode?

Micky

in mode UEFI dont start pen drive , but if Enabled CSM support , pen drive start and work perfect...( of course only Legacy mode )

Untesrtand?

Look here ...if set this ; pen drive with maverics dont start

9vn8.jpg

But if set this , of course Legacy and Uefi mode , pen drive start...so where is a problem...and why you write me before , to put efi...bla bla in Root?

01gx.jpg

for me it is important to have the CSM disabled with clover. because I have a GOP UEFI-compliant video card.

Now explain me please...why?

You have placed EFI files in the EFI partition of the USB stick?

I say this because if efi file are not present, perhaps the bios using legacy mode anyway (as happens with my laptop)

No UEFI boot files, no UEFI boot!

Micky

You have placed EFI files in the EFI partition of the USB stick?

I say this because if efi file are not present, perhaps the bios using legacy mode anyway (as happens with my laptop)

No UEFI boot files, no UEFI boot!

Micky

in root pandora installer ...correct?

or do I have to mount the EFI partition pandora installer is put EFI file them?

Micky

EDIT

but you mean to boot USB installer, or OSx installation? (I was mean to have boot.efi in the the root of Pandora Installer to be copied, and ready to use Clover, but on final Installation)

installation boot installation boot ...

post-410253-0-44683900-1376250840_thumb.png

Hi, Micky1979,

Nothing about my problem?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289758-pandoras-box-beta-2-testing/page-10

I tried also with a real mac mini, but the result was the same of installation

log from 10.7.5

To be honest, I did not understand what happens.
I might take a look a little closely, if you had TeamViewer installed .. (magari facciamo prima)

Micky

No problem

Hi all,

I tried to make a pandora installer with ML 10.8.4 but it does'nt work.

I have updated pandora to last update. Here is my log.

Thank you

Can you try to re-download Pandora from the Download section and retry?

From your log, it seems that some scripts do not have the right permissions due to download/decompress process.

Let me know!

Micky

Hi Micky,

I downloaded last Pandora from the link you gave me, but nothing changed. Here is my log.

How can I do? Now I'll try from another partition with Lion 10.7 and let you know

EDIT: i tried from Lion 10.7.4 but i failed, with a different output. Here is

Attached Files

I'm sorry, but I don't have TeamViewer

i've sent you a pm

hi

any change on "preferences--security&privacy" ? that could lock the decompress?

if you want ,try this one from my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/00mvq8qtgcqex3d/lqDL6_4CZS

@micky

could you put a md5 of the pandora?,so we can check the quality of download....and trial the gap...

c.frio

75cf88bb260e06c282303fa48dab51ff

for the zipped file

Micky

Hei miky , have a news ?

Script ?

Yep,

try this script: Pandora-UEFI-Clover.sh.zip

This script prepare the EFI partition, and help the user to put into it, the EFI folder of Clover (you need to have ready).

It's a prerelease script, and more function can be added.

Usage:

open Terminal.app, type sudo, and then drag into terminal window the Pandora-UEFI-Clover.sh, or type:

sudo ~/Desktop/Pandora-UEFI-Clover.sh

assuming that the scrip is on your desktop!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Micky

• Like 1

EFI Volume has been removed correctly, all OK
Magnifico:~ magnifico$
in fact, you've created a script to mount the EFI partition of the usb installer, as I figured out already last night, remember?

:D

PS:

You can also use the EFI utility mounter, open the Terminal write Diskutil list, locate the EFI partition on the disk and mount with EFI mounter utilty

Dont work...dont see my usb pen drive with F8... ;)

So dont work in UEFI mode

Miky i am sorry but i have test again , your script dont work for UEFI mode...but my metod yes, work perfect

il tuo script aveva danneggiato la pen drive

adesso funziona perfettamente

da f8 vede la modalita UEFI ( clover )

gfo3.jpg

e la installazione parte perfettamente

cixp.jpg

can't build usb key here, redownloaded the app twice, i got : 

(btw why is it in french ? i'm french but all my system is in english except my keyboard...)

Copie des packages depuis l'image principale d'OS X...
building file list ... 
rsync: link_stat "/Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/Packages" failed: No such file or directory (2)
0 files to consider
rsync: mkdir "/Volumes/UNTITLED 1/System/Installation" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(544) [receiver=2.6.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/io.c(452) [sender=2.6.9]

Copie de mach_kernel et boot.efi depuis l'image principale d'OS X...
cp: directory /Volumes/UNTITLED 1 does not exist
cp: directory /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/private/tmp does not exist
chmod: /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
---- lipo is in place!
---- txt are in place!
cp: directory /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/private/tmp does not exist
chmod: /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
setfileicon: cannot load icon file
  Copie d'OSInstall.mpkg pour être patché
cp: /Volumes/UNTITLED 1/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directory
Error opening xar archive: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/OSInstall.mpkg
sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution: No such file or directory
sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution: No such file or directory
sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution_buffer: No such file or directory
sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution_buffer: No such file or directory
sed: /Applications/Pandora.ap

still the same, it had worked before

building file list ... 
rsync: link_stat "/Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/Packages" failed: No such file or directory (2)
0 files to consider
rsync: mkdir "/Volumes/YYYY/System/Installation" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(544) [receiver=2.6.9]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/io.c(452) [sender=2.6.9]

cp: directory /Volumes/YYYY does not exist
cp: directory /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp does not exist
chmod: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
---- lipo is in place!
---- txt are in place!
cp: directory /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp does not exist
chmod: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
setfileicon: cannot load icon file
cp: /Volumes/YYYY/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directory
Error opening xar archive: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/OSInstall.mpkg

i've reformatted twice in mgr or regular macox, stille the same. full log :

GNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin12)
Copyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
=====================================
---- InsanelyMac 08/14/13-14:34
---- InsanelyBox is in place
---- InsanelyBox/tmp is in place
---- Mode 2
---- Running from OS X 10.8.4 on real Mac
---- App Version is v1.34.Beta2
---- Device Type is 1
---- OS Type is 2
---- Configuration is 2
---- Resolution is 12
---- Mac Model is 13
---- RecoveryHD is 1
---- no previous mountpoint found
---- no previous Preboot found

Attachement de l'image OS X...
hdiutil: attach failed - No such file or directory

Restauration de BaseSystem.dmg vers
/Volumes/Untitled...
Validating target...done
Validating source...
Could not recognize "/Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/BaseSystem.dmg" as an image file
done
Note: checksumming turned off due to format argument
Could not get source volume name

Volume on disk3s2 renamed to PandoraMEM

2013-08-14 14:34:41.099 defaults[6375:707] 
The domain/default pair of (/Volumes/PandoraMEM/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion, ProductVersion) does not exist
======================
OS X  detected
======================

building file list ... 
0 files to consider
rsync: mkdir "/Volumes/PandoraMEM/System/Installation" failed: No such file or directory (2)

cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/mach_kernel: No such file or directory
cp: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/boot.efi: No such file or directory
cp: directory /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp does not exist
chmod: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
---- lipo is in place!
---- txt are in place!
cp: directory /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp does not exist
chmod: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
chown: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes/PandoraMEM/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directory
daf1n3book:~ dazz$   Copie des packages depuis l'image principale d'OS X...
-bash: Copie: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ building file list ... 
-bash: building: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ rsync: link_stat "/Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Baselioninst/Packages" failed: No such file or directory (2)
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ 0 files to consider
-bash: 0: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ rsync: mkdir "/Volumes/YYYY/System/Installation" failed: No such file or directory (2)
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(544) [receiver=2.6.9]
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/io.c(452) [sender=2.6.9]
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ 
daf1n3book:~ dazz$   Copie de mach_kernel et boot.efi depuis l'image principale d'OS X...
-bash: Copie: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ cp: directory /Volumes/YYYY does not exist
-bash: cp:: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ cp: directory /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp does not exist
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ chmod: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
-bash: chmod:: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ chown: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
-bash: chown:: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ ---- lipo is in place!
-bash: ----: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ ---- txt are in place!
-bash: ----: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ cp: directory /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp does not exist
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ chmod: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
-bash: chmod:: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ chown: /Volumes/YYYY/private/tmp/gnutee: No such file or directory
-bash: chown:: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$ setfileicon: cannot load icon file
-bash: setfileicon:: command not found
daf1n3book:~ dazz$   Copie d'OSInstall.mpkg pour être patché
> cp: /Volumes/YYYY/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directory
> Error opening xar archive: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/OSInstall.mpkg
> sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution: No such file or directory
> sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution: No such file or directory
> sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution_buffer: No such file or directory
> sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution_buffer: No such file or directory
> sed: /Applications/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/bin/xar/tmp/Distribution_buffer: No such file or directoryGNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin12)
> Copyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> =====================================
> ---- InsanelyMac 08/14/13-14:34
> ---- InsanelyBox is in place
> ---- InsanelyBox/tmp is in place
> ---- Mode 2
> ---- Running from OS X 10.8.4 on real Mac
> ---- App Version is v1.34.Beta2
> ---- Device Type is 1
> ---- OS Type is 2
> ---- Configuration is 2
> ---- Resolution is 12
> ---- Mac Model is 13
> ---- RecoveryHD is 1

Hi

when I have this kind of issues, I use  disk utilities,erase each part, one by one  of the partitions and then the root...(device) of the pen or hd not only thought the root..(name of device),and then make  new partition  .

after that install  or restore..something..

I suggest you download again,check MD5,and prepare again the usb installer...(do not abandon your installation keep watching the progress  :D )

and prepare a clean HD (when I have issues, I use as much as I can unique HDs)..

c.frio

hi..

Nvidia GT630, pandora 1.34, mavericks DP2

After a "brain storm" and dueling with nvidia drivers,CUDAs and all those...things.... using an vga-vga and a dvi-vga connector on an old 15" lcd monitor,I had with Mountain Lion (with chameleon--2254) ,OK with  all the resolutions (more options, than  I can see with Mavericks after the monitor change..see next paragraph) and QE/CI ,but not with Mavericks..

... But on another hd, installed with Pandora 1.34, Mavericks, and updated to DP2,all original kexts,I change to a monitor with DVI-DVI and everything is working..several resolutions (less options than ML with chameleon) ,aqua,transparent dock,chess and so on..I hope..

I injected device properties to have the correct memory..1024mb,with "chameleon wizard"

and ML (chameleon) is  still OK with the new monitor DVI-DVI

the "spot" is Gt 630 works...OOB...

c.frio

update...

updated to DP5 one by one not with the combo to DP5(with which I had some video issues)...

seems everything  is ok..sleep ok & video ok (didn't try ibooks,iCloud and all the "i S", 'cause I'm using wifi and didn't have ethernet on