[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

So I'm going to take a break for a few days on this. Couldn't get any ALC898 injectors or DSDT working - very likely it's something I'm doing wrong, probably due to my lack of experience with RevoBoot...I'm not even sure if my DSDT tweaks were loaded.

I do have some good news though! I dug up an old version of VoodooHDA from my old build and it works pretty well, no quality / noise issues so far. Night and day compared to the latest 2.8.4 build which had all sorts of noise and static. I'm using S/PDIF though so I can't vouch for analog outputs. I've attached it in case anyone wants to try it. Make sure to move AppleHDA in /S/L/E somewhere safe before using it - you can't run both at the same time with this board. 

Open your dsdt in a DSDT editor and look @ pin config. Mine was little modified till i change a little pin strings, then with a patched AppleHDA should work!

I've inspired from another similar motherboard and i've got the combination.

I've been having two annoying issues which I managed to fix today.

1) SATA3 6gb/s SSDs are stuck at SATA2 3gb/s speeds in both OS X and Windows even after replacing cables.

2) Strange 5-10 second delay when booting OS X (after BIOS but before boot loader comes up).

Both issues have been fully resolved by flashing the latest beta bios found here (in my case, GA-Z87X-UD3H F6G): http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

As always, there are risks with flashing BIOS and a beta bios might break other things, but so far so good for me.

^

does QE/CI works in your setup?

Yes...as far as I can tell. Looks like they got rid of the Dashboard ripple effect in 10.9 but Safari Top Sites and screensavers work perfectly which I believe means QE/CI is working.

Yes...as far as I can tell. Looks like they got rid of the Dashboard ripple effect in 10.9 but Safari Top Sites and screensavers work perfectly which I believe means QE/CI is working.

How did you get your graphics working?

I have done some digging, based on the Pike R. Alpha info about Ids, and here is what I came up with (there might be errors...):

I do not have Haswell, but this might help someone get started...

PS: the desktop GT2 (HD4600), does not seem to be supported at the time being, or better said, it appears it's not in Apples short future plans.

Can you please add a simple how-to (or a link perhaps?) so that people know what to do to get the data, or is this supposed to be common knowledge already?

@c0ercion,

Try adding the device-id to AppleIntel82580Ethernet.kext/C*/Info.plist

Can you please add a simple how-to (or a link perhaps?) so that people know what to do to get the data, or is this supposed to be common knowledge already?

@c0ercion,

I think people that have done any modification to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext will know exactly what that is, if you do not have that experience, I would suggest a quick reading of this thread(it is basically the same table as the linked one, just mine is taken from the haswell kext - AppleIntelFramebufferAzul). If you have more info about haswell graphic, please share, since what i did is more based on the knowledge I gained poking around the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and applying it here.

PS: but till the final release this table will most likely change when apple will add other PCs on their lineup...

The problem is that I cannot locate the table, or the offset is wrong. So how did you get it?

Edit: Stupid. I forgot to change the name in Sam's script and thus it was still looking at AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS All ok now.

How did you get your graphics working?

It just worked - I didn't do anything.

Tried that...getting the following kernel output, any ideas?

AppleIntel82580::start - Built May 21 2013 02:28:36 -- running on device at b0d25f0

b0d25f0 start: NVM Checksum incorrectb0d25f0 start: resetHW failed

Sorry I was referring to my GTX 670. I haven't had a chance to try HD4600 yet.

Strange

Could be a configuration issue on my side then.

I guess I gotta go lookin...

Bus ratio problem here on a Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H. So close to having this working...

Any thoughts on the bus ratio / fast timer tick problem?

So far it looks like I've got some functional power management (sleep works), USB 3.0, Intel SATA 6gbps/AHCI, and Geforce GTX 670 support. Going to try messing around with audio and network. 

I have networking using a Marvell 88E8053 1x card but I'm holding out on an updated AppleIntelE1000E.kext for the i217V chipset. From the looks of the ifixit teardown, Apple is using a broadcom 5700 chipset on the new MBA. No luck for a native i217V driver yet.

Hello GasPimp,

I installed Maverick 10.9 Preview on my Gigabyte Z87-D3HP 1-7 Haswell CPU.

But I can't boot to desktop, in verbose mode it hangs/stops at IOBluetoothHCIController:: setConfigState]calling register service.

Can you let me know how you set your ups, including BIOS settings?

It's on my SSD, I just can't boot up to desktop.

Thanks,

d-1

BIOS settings are set right yet I cannot boot without -x using RevoBoot.

Guess I will have to wait for a Chameleon or Clover solution

I am pretty sure that this is related to AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext and friends. Had the same problem when I tried to boot with the iGPU only. No longer an issue since my HD 46000 works (full resolution using AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x0c26000). No discrete GPU installed here.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that this is related to AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext and friends. Had the same problem when I tried to boot with the iGPU only. No longer an issue since my HD 46000 works (full resolution using AAPL,ig-platform-id 0x0c26000). No discrete GPU installed here.

I shall test this

But I can't boot to desktop, in verbose mode it hangs/stops at IOBluetoothHCIController:: setConfigState]calling register service.

I had a similar problem, since I never intend on connecting anything to my computer via bluetooth I just deleted all the bluetooth kexts for the time being (after backing them up).

I had a similar problem, since I never intend on connecting anything to my computer via bluetooth I just deleted all the bluetooth kexts for the time being (after backing them up).

it's probably your discrete graphics setup , using revoboot i only need to insert my device efi strings 

then voila it works!

• Like 1

it's probably your discrete graphics setup , using revoboot i only need to insert my device efi strings 

then voila it works!

EFI strings?

FFS why didnt I think of that?

Probably because of the last time I used them for graphics was back in 2008

We also have the same exact card (the 660)! What is your EFI string?

LOL

I had VT-d enabled XD

That was my bad.

Graphics are good. Working on getting RevoBoot up with the proper args.

I still would like that EFI string, though

• Like 1