[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

I love you.

Thanks, dude

Been looking for a while myself.

Can you post the code in his thread so he can add it to his project?

I'm actually quite nervous that I didn't merge 2.4.14 properly. I have literally zero experience with this particular project or driver development (though I have a lot of other dev experience). I'd be hesitant to offer this back to the parent project but I guess I could post a zip of the source and offer a disclaimer.

I'm actually quite nervous that I didn't merge 2.4.14 properly. I have literally zero experience with this particular project or driver development (though I have a lot of other dev experience). I'd be hesitant to offer this back to the parent project but I guess I could post a zip of the source and offer a disclaimer.

Just give it to him. He can fix any problems.

I know how ya feel, dude.

I am a Visual Basic man myself.

C++ and/or Objective C are scary

I took a class on C++ when I was in High School. I don't remember a damn thing in programming, but I remember that I got a B in the class

Oh, and anyone else having problems with Mail using Chameleon?

When I use RevoBoot it works fine, but when I use Chameleon it keeps looping me for my passwords for my email accounts.

This is happening with Gmail and other Google accounts.

I thought that it was related along the line of me not having the iMessages/Appstore fix.

Strange.

yeah well building project for drivers are quite daunting 

but hey that means one less work to do 

now now if only we got one of the serial number for the new mac builds 

@gaspimp

don't you need to add device ids to iokit personalities too?

Done

Just to tell ya, dude, I have been using my onboard ethernet heavily for the past few hours (4Mbps and over) and I haven't had any sort of problems at all

It is absolutely perfect. Thanks again

yeah well building project for drivers are quite daunting 

but hey that means one less work to do 

now now if only we got one of the serial number for the new mac builds 

@gaspimp

don't you need to add device ids to iokit personalities too?

Nope, it looks like there was already IOKit matches for i21X chipsets. I was surprised. I read the commit history for the e1000e linux driver and it looked pretty clear that stable i217 support only exists in 2.4.14. Maybe the PCI IDs were added in 2.3? I think 2.3 may have had preliminary i217 support?

Just to tell ya, dude, I have been using my onboard ethernet heavily for the past few hours (4Mbps and over) and I haven't had any sort of problems at all

That's awesome. Glad to hear it. I tested a 10GB file transfer and had no problem sustaining 1gbps. That being said, I had a very strange issue when I tested Plex - my stream started rebuffering within the first few seconds. I couldn't reproduce that issue and I tried for at least an hour, so maybe it was a fluke.

• Like 1

Hello q64ceo - can you explain how you got the onboard ethernet card to work?  I saw gaspimps download, what extra steps what one must do to get it installed.

d-1

• Like 1

Nope, it looks like there was already IOKit matches for i21X chipsets. I was surprised. I read the commit history for the e1000e linux driver and it looked pretty clear that stable i217 support only exists in 2.4.14. Maybe the PCI IDs were added in 2.3? I think 2.3 may have had preliminary i217 support?

That's awesome. Glad to hear it. I tested a 10GB file transfer and had no problem sustaining 1gbps. That being said, I had a very strange issue when I tested Plex - my stream started rebuffering within the first few seconds. I couldn't reproduce that issue and I tried for at least an hour, so maybe it was a fluke.

it's strange.... it might've been added since the late 2.3 though i dont know for sure ( havent checked 2.3 sources) 

good thing  you and q46ceo have tested it so well so stability issue shouldn't be a problem

can't wait to be home and test this

@dolphans1 you just need to install the kext  

Hello q64ceo - can you explain how you got the onboard ethernet card to work?  I saw gaspimps download, what extra steps what one must do to get it installed.

d-1

Fire up Kext Wizard and put it in /System/Library/Extensions.

Reboot and cross thy fingers

Shouldn't even have to reboot. Putting it in /S/L/E will take care of auto loading on boot, but a simple 'sudo kextload AppleIntelE1000e.kext' should make your NIC available right away.

I've been using it for a few hours now as well and I've seen no hiccups. Thanks to everyone involved in getting that out.

thanks you very much im' 

I use it. Placed by the IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Then continues to put out the Extra / Extensions
 10.8.4 was available
%25E0%25B8%2588%25E0%25B8%25B1%25E0%25B8

Worked very nicely, thanks.

Have you ran updates to Mavericks preview2 and if so, how did it go?

d-1

I have already answered you twice.

If you are unwilling to look back a page or two then I am sorry.

I have already answered you twice.

If you are unwilling to look back a page or two then I am sorry.

Oh I am sorry, did not see or I missed it entirely and I look every day, let me go back and recheck.

Thanks,

d-1

Went perfectly.

Fire it up in safe mode after the installation and delete the AppleIntelHD5000* kexts

Hey I found it - how does one remove the AppleIntelHD5000* kexts ...? and where does that Kext reside? do you drag it out to trash?

Thanks,

d-1

It is in /System/Library/Extensions

And yes, trash all files that contains AppleIntelHD5000 as part of its name

Thanks, I will try it later tonight. I like the way the system runs, with the exception I can't use Skype and every now and then, when it goes into sleep mode and I awake, certain parts of my screen are black, until I click on the desktop and more parts of the screen become available to view. If I close Firefox, the screen/desktop becomes fully  viewable. Do you ever get that problem?

Thanks, I will try it later tonight. I like the way the system runs, with the exception I can't use Skype and every now and then, when it goes into sleep mode and I awake, certain parts of my screen are black, until I click on the desktop and more parts of the screen become available to view. If I close Firefox, the screen/desktop becomes fully  viewable. Do you ever get that problem?

I don't use sleep so I cannot help on that. Sorry dude.

Hey Q64ceo - just a few questions before I make the attempt to upgrade. I have not run the upgrade yet, but went to /System/Library/Extensions and I see these kexts file there already, AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext, AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle & AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.bundle , do I remove these too, anything with 5000 name mention?

Just want to make sure.

Thanks,

d-1

Hey Q64ceo - just a few questions before I make the attempt to upgrade. I have not run the upgrade yet, but went to /System/Library/Extensions and I see these kexts file there already, AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext, AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle & AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.bundle , do I remove these too, anything with 5000 name mention?

Just want to make sure.

Thanks,

d-1

I speak English so yes that is what I meant

By the way, I had to unload and reload the e1000e kext a few minutes ago. I booted up and couldn't get a dhcp address. I could assign an address manually but wasn't able to connect to anything.

I'm also getting a new error in my logs: "Network delay is not specified! Defaulting to 0x384" though I traced it back to X86PlatformPlugin so I'm not sure if it's related.

By the way, I had to unload and reload the e1000e kext a few minutes ago. I booted up and couldn't get a dhcp address. I could assign an address manually but wasn't able to connect to anything.

I'm also getting a new error in my logs: "Network delay is not specified! Defaulting to 0x384" though I traced it back to X86PlatformPlugin so I'm not sure if it's related.

Thats an easy fix

You have to always boot with -f

I figured that out very quickly

I speak English so yes that is what I meant

Thanks q64ceo - I ask because its like being a cliff diver and attempting to make that jump. I fear what's beneath the surface and want to make sure and learn.

Once the update is done, must one run myhack installer allover again to fix permissions and so on?

As for these kexts - AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext, AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle & AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.bundle , that are already there, why aren't they causing any problems now?

Thanks for your support.

d-1

Thanks q64ceo - I ask because its like being a cliff diver and attempting to make that jump. I fear what's beneath the surface and want to make sure and learn.

Once the update is done, must one run myhack installer allover again to fix permissions and so on?

As for these kexts - AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext, AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle & AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.bundle , that are already there, why aren't they causing any problems now?

Thanks for your support.

d-1

My bad. I am so {censored} high right now that I misread you. You have no idea how blazed I am. Sorry.

If they aint causing you trouble then its ok to keep them

And don't worry about permissions. The installer will take care of that