Internal Display not functioning on HP Envy 3D 2100 (ML 10.8.3)

6 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed MacOS 10.8.3 on an HP Envy 3D 2100 CTO laptop.

I have an Intel i7 2860QM CPU (Sandy), and for graphics it is Intel HD3000 and ATI Radeon 6770m (Chipset is 6 series). Both GPUs are recognized by the mac (I can see them in System Information).

However, the only graphics I see are on an external display connected via HDMI. During boot, I can see the verbose output of the bootloader on my internal display, but when Mac OS is fully booted the login screen only shows up on the external monitor.

I've seen the EDID injection guide, but when I follow the steps the only EDID I get is that of my external monitor. When I boot windows and get EDID of internal display, then try to do the EDID injection again, it doesn't work (I don't have all the necessary numbers and ids to use for folder and file names).

Has anybody seen this problem? More importantly, has anybody solved this problem?

If you have any info or ideas, I would appreciate both. Also, I'm ready to give any detailed info or upload my dsdt/ioreg (or anything else). I'm pretty determined to fix this damn thing.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

DSDT: http://www.mediafire.com/?ap7j2gykjlkdp7q

IOReg: http://www.mediafire.com/?ko8ok7oteekeoal

I think you can try EDID injection with Clover bootloader. Simply use original DisplayProductID-717 file and key InjectEDID=Yes. On my 7670M internal display also didn't work with EDID injection through DisplayProductID-717, but it worked through Clover ;)

I think you can try EDID injection with Clover bootloader. Simply use original DisplayProductID-717 file and key InjectEDID=Yes. On my 7670M internal display also didn't work with EDID injection through DisplayProductID-717, but it worked through Clover ;)

Do you have an HP Envy as well? Also, you mention that the original is DisplayProductID-717. Im my S/L/Displays/Overrides I've got a 717 but I never knew it was the "original".

I just tried installing Clover and I get a boot1 error (before it even gets to the bootloader). Unlike the commonplace boot0 error, i can't seem to find much info about this clover boot1 error.

I've reinstalled chameleon for now - but can you tell me a bit more about "simply using the original DisplayProductID-717 file"? Do you have to specify this file somewhere to use it or just keep it in S/L/D/O?

No, I have a Toshiba L850-13R. But I had such problem with my ATI Radeon card.

If you haven't modified that DisplayProductID file, means it is "original" and you don't have to do anything with it :) It is possible to inject EDID through that file, sometimes it even works, but it didn't for me. Thats why I suggest to use EDID injection through Clover. But it won't work if you have modified DisplayProductID file.

My friend also had that boot1 error on his Lenovo notebook. You can install Clover on EFI partition, it should solve the problem. If your hard disk does not have EFI partition, you can also install Clover on a USB flash drive, formatted in FAT32, should work as well.

Even if both graphic cards are recognized, I don't think they both are working. Switch between cards is not possible in Hackintosh. EDID injection should help only if ATI Radeon card is working. If it is HD3000 (more likely), I'm not sure if EDID injection would solve the problem. But you can try of course.

I have modified a different DisplayProductID file, but not the 717.

I also get the "SNBFrameBuffer did not arrive, unload", which is related to HD3000. I am going to try removing all the HD3000 kexts and see what happens.

EDIT: I now have internal display functioning! Great joy. Resolution is off but I can probably fix this with GraphicsMode key or with EDID. Awesome.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

No, I have a Toshiba L850-13R. But I had such problem with my ATI Radeon card.

If you haven't modified that DisplayProductID file, means it is "original" and you don't have to do anything with it :) It is possible to inject EDID through that file, sometimes it even works, but it didn't for me. Thats why I suggest to use EDID injection through Clover. But it won't work if you have modified DisplayProductID file.

My friend also had that boot1 error on his Lenovo notebook. You can install Clover on EFI partition, it should solve the problem. If your hard disk does not have EFI partition, you can also install Clover on a USB flash drive, formatted in FAT32, should work as well.

Even if both graphic cards are recognized, I don't think they both are working. Switch between cards is not possible in Hackintosh. EDID injection should help only if ATI Radeon card is working. If it is HD3000 (more likely), I'm not sure if EDID injection would solve the problem. But you can try of course.

I have modified a different DisplayProductID file, but not the 717.

I also get the "SNBFrameBuffer did not arrive, unload", which is related to HD3000. I am going to try removing all the HD3000 kexts and see what happens.

EDIT: I now have internal display functioning! Great joy. Resolution is off but I can probably fix this with GraphicsMode key or with EDID. Awesome.

Can you guys PLEASE tell me what finally made it work to you??