Thoughts about AppleHDA patching on AMD hardware (ATI chipsets, nVidia)

theconnactic

166 posts in this topic

:)

le DSDT fonctionne à merveille mais c'est AppleHDA qui n'est pas bon quelque soit la version , j'ai toujours les bonnes information dans hardware/Sound  :) 

the DSDT works wonders but AppleHDA is not good whatever the version, I still have good information in hardware / Sound :)

hello Mirone :)

no sound :(

779901Capturedcran20131227115457.png

imac_887v3.zip

hello carlo_67   :)

nous savons bien que voodooHDA 2.8.4/Slice fonctionne très bien mais nous voulons savoir pourquoi AppleHDA ne fonctionne pas sur AMD , c'est quand même bizarre , peut-être lié au noyau   :worried_anim:

we know that VoodooHDA 2.8.4/Slice works fine but we want to know why AppleHDA does not work on AMD, it's still weird, perhaps related to the core

882154Capturedcran20131227023023.png

I tried with and without injector Applehda in dsdt but I think it is linked to the kernel,
although we have tested thoroughly, to me problems also VoodooHDA 2.8.4
and no audio is fine, audio goes very late
What I posted Voodoo is the only one that works well

excuse the language

I'm doing a test with a different setting, I will report later

no more ideas so far.

Thank you Merone und carlo_67 for their work so far, regardless of the target, we are very close. Whether that to the kernel or to the IOPCIFamily or a wrong manipulation of us who have tested I think it's an attempt was worth and still is to the effect to experiment on. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

I tried with and without injector Applehda in dsdt but I think it is linked to the kernel,
although we have tested thoroughly, to me problems also VoodooHDA 2.8.4
and no audio is fine, audio goes very late
What I posted Voodoo is the only one that works well

excuse the language

hello carlo_67  :) 

if the audio is out of sync with VoodooHDA, it certainly will be with AppleHDA subject that it works, you set the speed of your CPU in bios manual mode?

hello carlo_67   :)

if the audio is out of sync with VoodooHDA, it certainly will be with AppleHDA subject that it works, you set the speed of your CPU in bios manual mode?

No Luck ! with my last test

no more ideas so far.

Merci de nous avoir aide , je vais continuer sous linux , c est genial et hyper rapide compare a d autre OS  :)

Thank you for help, I will continue under linux, c is genius and super fast compare ad other OS

There must be programmed a new AppleHDA based on AMD. :unsure:
these driver should be re-configured by the principle Base on AMD that should be a challenge for programmers.
There is a similar milestone as the problem with the SSSE3emu possibly? :unsure: possibly there is a hidden part by SSSE3? or how Gils suspected a hidden treasure in the kernel still waiting for smart researchers to be found. who knows? :unsure: or as a mod from a German OSX forum has meant programming on AMD binary, as the present are all based on Intel. :shock:

perhaps someone has a plausible theory? :wink_anim:

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: G I L S m YOU ARE A GENIUS :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• Like 2

We have just made a test ie Gils and I, the idea comes from Gils.
while I noticed on boot that during boot the error message:
ACPI: System State [s0 S4 S5] (S0)
HPET: probeHPET () failed :(

the system has booted to the desktop without kernel panic :)

I need to repair the boot loader, the boot loader is gone defective during the tests. :rofl::(

We have just made a test ie Gils and I, the idea comes from Gils.

while I noticed on boot that during boot the error message:

ACPI: System State [s0 S4 S5] (S0)

HPET: probeHPET () failed :(

the system has booted to the desktop without kernel panic :)

I need to repair the boot loader, the boot loader is gone defective during the tests. :rofl::(

@Mirone and Spakk  :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Gjv4DvjB2r0

• Like 3

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: very good job, Gil! You are the King of Rock 'n' Roll, ups sorry of AppleHDA 'n' VoodooHDA :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

this is good
but very strange
AppleHDA should work by itself.

et non justement AppleHDA est monté dans l'Extension mais reste inerte , j'avoue tu as fait un travail d'orfèvre avec le DSDT , j'ai essayé de le refaire , je n'ai pas réussi    , voodooHDA passe à travers quand même et je n'ai eu aucun KP , les codes d'entrée de puce ne doivent pas être les mêmes :( 

and not precisely AppleHDA is mounted in the extension but remains inert, I admit you made a work of craftsmanship with the DSDT, I tried it again, I did not succeed, VoodooHDA passes through when same and I had no KP, input chip codes should not be the same   :(

First Test:

Merone, I get the same results as Gils but only with your second DSDT.aml and the first AppleHDA.kext. I have now deleted the cache and make just with onyx everything clean, then I try with the second AppleHDA.kext, then I'll report

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=580133VoodooAppleHDA3.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=399712VoodooAppleHDA4.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=589423VoodooAppleHDA5.png

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=535818VoodooAppleHDA6.png

spakks_1.zip

Merone_GILS_Voodoo_AppleHDA_1.png

Merone_GILS_Voodoo_AppleHDA_2.png

Edited by spakk

ALC889_AMD_v2 does not work, although there everything is shown as active but there is no sound

• Like 1