Thoughts about AppleHDA patching on AMD hardware (ATI chipsets, nVidia)

theconnactic

166 posts in this topic

Hi guys I would love to get hdmi audio working on my hd4890. If I upload my dsdt and ioreg, could you try to fix it mirone?

Leave your codec_dump obtained from Linux,

Your DSDT + ioreg to analyze.

• Like 1

Hi, TheConnactic

Try this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8go6k

Thank you, Mirone! The results improved dramatically, yet there's no internal audio:

1) This time, i didn't lose the already working HDMI audio: Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 1.34.48 PM.png

2) But no sign of the internal in/outs in SysPrefs: Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 1.34.55 PM.png

3) However, and that's the great achievement up to now, for the first time the in/outs of internal IntelHD are listed in SysReports: Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 1.28.38 PM.png

Here's the ioreg output: ioreg.ioreg.zip

All the best!

Hello, Mirone!

Juste tested it: still no sound other than HDMI (which still works wondefully) in SysPrefs Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.17 PM.png but is SysInfo, a curious behavior: some ports under Intel HD Audio, like HDMI, look to have duplicates Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.35 PM.png i also noticed something in common between all three test HDAs: there's an "unknown" port.

Here's my latest IOReg, again with a headphone plugged in the green out (and obviously a TV through HDMI): ioreg.ioreg.zip

Thank you very much and all the best!

Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.24 PM.png

Hello, Mirone!

Juste tested it: still no sound other than HDMI (which still works wondefully) in SysPrefs Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.17 PM.png but is SysInfo, a curious behavior: some ports under Intel HD Audio, like HDMI, look to have duplicates Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.59.35 PM.png i also noticed something in common between all three test HDAs: there's an "unknown" port.

Here's my latest IOReg, again with a headphone plugged in the green out (and obviously a TV through HDMI): ioreg.ioreg.zip

Thank you very much and all the best!

your motherboard only has 3 outputs back?

pink, green and blue?

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1277&MenuID=1&LanID=0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll do it and post it here in the next five minutes!

Did you get a solution for your G250?

All the best!

P.S.: Ran it. Only got this:

ATI R6xx HDMI

Which is my working HDMI by the way. Didn't know it was R6xx, how funny. Strange, AppleHDA is loaded, yet the CODEC is not returned by the tool.

I remember i did use this file before, and the result was Via VT1708S. Here: #16

P.P.S.:

VIA VT1708S_4. I was using VoodooHDA in the occasion, and internal audio worked fine (but HDMI not).

• 5 months later...