RealtekR1000 v3

Slice

136 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

This driver works almost perfectly on my Asus P7P55D with a realtek 8112L.  If I disable the interface in network preferences and then re-enable it I get a self assigned IP.  I have to reboot to get an IP again.  It's a minor issue and at least I don't have to bother with lnx2mac driver anymore.

Thanks.

I have an RTL8111F (ASUS P9X79 LE) hooked up to a Apple Base Station.  The internet works fine, but I cannot connect or see any shared network devices like the printer, other computers, or a time capsule.

I have tried this driver as well as Lnx2Mac's.  Any ideas on what the problem is or how this might be fixed? 

Some older threads had this problem and used Pystar's original RealtekR1000.kext to solve the issue (seemingly related to Bonjour), but I imagine I cannot use that old kext with my 10.8.5 install, plus it had other problems I think.

What does that mean as far as fixing it?  That it is not a problem due to this driver?

Yes, I mean the driver provide is there LAN or not and what is the speed. But the contents of the net is for OS tuning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello slice.

I've installed the latest compiled kext you have provided.

In the screenshot there are information about the kext, IORegistry Explorer and sys info.

My problem is that without plugging in any ethernet cable, ethernet status is always enabled. ( as it is in the screenshot )

When i connect my router to my laptop via ethernet I don't see any activity at the router.

I also tried to connect my desktop to my laptop but there wasn't any activity either. 

Note* en1 is my 3G USB Modem.

post-814244-0-06604900-1391085552_thumb.png

I installed RealtekR1000SL.kext-312.zip for my RTL8101E (VEN_10EC, DEV_8136). 

It always says network cable unplugged even though it its connected. I manually changed to 100BaseTX under Advanced settings, but it is still not working. It say "Self-Assigned IP". It doesn't get the IP automatically from router. I manually configured the DHCP settings, then it says "Connected", but when I try to go online, it doesn't work.  

I installed RealtekR1000SL.kext-312.zip for my RTL8101E (VEN_10EC, DEV_8136). 

It always says network cable unplugged even though it its connected. I manually changed to 100BaseTX under Advanced settings, but it is still not working. It say "Self-Assigned IP". It doesn't get the IP automatically from router. I manually configured the DHCP settings, then it says "Connected", but when I try to go online, it doesn't work.  

if you have a RTL8136 chip, you should use official driver from realtek website. 

Hi

Anybody knows if it does work for RTL8111GR ?

Thanks

There are settings for 8111G and 8111GU. I don't know what is 8111GP so it will be for your testing. 

Show kernel.log to see messages about the chip.

There are settings for 8111G and 8111GU. I don't know what is 8111GP so it will be for your testing. 

Show kernel.log to see messages about the chip.

Hi again, 

I can send you kernel.log now, I will send you later. But I can tell you that my mobo is the asus deluxe quad (http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4933/3/asus-z87-deluxequad-review-first-thunderbolt-20-motherboard-specifications)  with RTL8111GR, no RTL8111GP, maybe that could help you.

Hi again, 

I can send you kernel.log now, I will send you later. But I can tell you that my mobo is the asus deluxe quad (http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4933/3/asus-z87-deluxequad-review-first-thunderbolt-20-motherboard-specifications)  with RTL8111GR, no RTL8111GP, maybe that could help you.

This is my mistype. I am waiting for your kernel.log, it is only way to know what is the chip.

You may test in terminal

sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Downloads/RealtekR1000SL.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Downloads/RealtekR1000SL.kext

sudo kextutil -v ~/Downloads/RealtekR1000SL.kext

And show output on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

A noob Q, sorry... Whats the diff of this and Mieze' driver?

We was making our drivers independently and finished at the same time.

We are based at the same source - official realtek driver for linux but convert it to OSX by two quite different ways so now we have two quite different drivers.

Use one or another at your will.

Some differences noted:

My driver works in 10.6.8. Mieze' no?

My driver seems not working with WOL.

My driver somehow works with some 8105 chips.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tried this driver today because Mieze's driver is not usable due to lost interrupts.

Unfortunately I have the same problem as Zprood. It can't obtain an ip address from DHCP and always uses a self-assigned one.

Looks like there is no working driver for my RTL8168G/8111G :(