XPC General discussion

Alex009988

230 posts in this topic

TimeWalker75a - were you using the MBR batch with XPC? I'm asking because you had a DELL and they would not boot with GPT partitions. I have XPS L702X and tried using XPC on it but it won't let me boot with GPT. My question is what is your hardware config and how were you using XPC. Thanks.

I want because I was unaware about this boot9 that dmazar had made . Up until now I'm using UEFI Clover on my laptop, might as well try setting up an MBR partition to see if it can be booted via this method.

TimeWalker75a - were you using the MBR batch with XPC? I'm asking because you had a DELL and they would not boot with GPT partitions. I have XPS L702X and tried using XPC on it but it won't let me boot with GPT. My question is what is your hardware config and how were you using XPC. Thanks.

If Chameleon works with GUID, hence most likely that boot-XPC will be working either.(It should be checked)

I think the bug with InjectAMD must be corected at least which doesn't allow to boot the system, without it.

Yes, there definitely seems to be a problem with InjectAMD...  I have tried many variations of my DSDT over the past several days (trying to resolve a number of mostly non-crucial issues).

I also tried changing some setting in settings.plist. 

I haven't resolved any of my more important problems yet.   One problem that is getting more frustrating is:  with XPC I am limited to using only  1  of my 4 displays- the smallest one that I barely use.

Any ideas?  I'm guessing it's a bug in the program as opposed to configuration (because none of the many config changes I've made have had any perceptible affect on graphics output issue.

I guess it's time to get on IRC...

• Like 1

Yes, there definitely seems to be a problem with InjectAMD... I have tried many variations of my DSDT over the past several days (trying to resolve a number of mostly non-crucial issues).

I also tried changing some setting in settings.plist.

I haven't resolved any of my more important problems yet. One problem that is getting more frustrating is: with XPC I am limited to using only 1 of my 4 displays- the smallest one that I barely use.

Any ideas? I'm guessing it's a bug in the program as opposed to configuration (because none of the many config changes I've made have had any perceptible affect on graphics output issue.

I guess it's time to get on IRC...

I think if you have problems with AMDInjection you should try to put Vbios into DSDT

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287995-how-to-launch-ati-card-by-dsdt/

I did so and now I'm independent on any bootloader. My Graphics will be always injected by DSDT.

But we must use AmdInjectc nevertheless or XPC hangs otherwise

Hoping TheGeniusIam will fix it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Still, any version above 0.90.26 hangs at "Entering GUI now...".

I don't know what I am making wrong.

Is there any solution?

Hola. Seems the problem with the reading of plists for some computers. Try to use classic-old theme, and if it dosen't help, try to set up XPC to the hard disk(for MBR-partition you can use modified boot-file)

• 3 weeks later...

I found small bug which caused by special KernelFlag, namely -fakesmc-force-start. That flag is only if firmware vendore is detected as Apple. This flag is necessary for last FakeSMC from kozlek. Otherwise a system won't boot under XPC.

With that flag I see two black lines while I'm booting

post-974387-0-76825800-1376075082_thumb.jpg

I use these settings

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DefaultBoot</key>
	<string>Acpi(PNP0A08,0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x5,0x0,0x0)/HD(2,MBR,0x6A84517B,0x800,0x349D0800)\109</string>
	<key>DeviceProperties</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>InjectAmd</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
	<key>FacpFix</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AccessWidth</key>
		<string>0x01</string>
		<key>Address</key>
		<string>0x0CF9</string>
		<key>BitOffset</key>
		<string>0x00</string>
		<key>BitWidth</key>
		<string>0x08</string>
		<key>Flags</key>
		<string>0x400</string>
		<key>PMProfile</key>
		<string>0x01</string>
		<key>SpaceID</key>
		<string>0x01</string>
		<key>Value</key>
		<string>0x06</string>
	</dict>
	<key>ForceLoadKernelcache</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
	<key>MLBData</key>
	<string>0123456789ABCDEF0</string>
	<key>NoGuiOnDefaultBoot</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
	<key>NVRAMSaveLocation</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FilePath</key>
		<string>109</string>
		<key>Volume</key>
		<string>/Extra/nvram.00000102-b2e3-030f-90db-000000000000.plist</string>
	</dict>
	<key>OSXKernelSettings</key>
	<dict>
	<key>KernelFlags</key>
	<string>slide=0 -fakesmc-force-start</string>
	</dict>
	<key>PlatformUUID</key>
	<string>EC980099-74EF-4FD9-8662-A27A709E53C8</string>
	<key>ScreenMode</key>
	<integer>496</integer>
	<key>USBFix</key>
	<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
</plist>

Previously, without that flag there was only apple with white background.

Yes, I have replaced settings, smbios, patcher.plist. I do have DSDT in proper folder. Just wanted to verify. I can get XPC to post to start up screen. Although there is this quit annoying bug that requires me  to hot plug my display just before it enters GUI.  Otherwise, it freezes at "Entering GUI Now." As far as booting OS X, it will load my FakeSMC from Extra_Extensions folder as well as mach_kernel. then I get a series of "....." about half the screen then it just freezes. I should say I'm running Mavericks DP4 with Haswell on z87 board. I did notice in the browse hardware section that my P states are all wrong as well as my cores and threads. it says "Cores 16 threads 16"  :shock: Injection for new Intel HD4600 is lacking. So this may be where my problem is coming in. But I do have injection in my DSDT which boots fine with other boot loaders...ie Chameleon, Revoboot ext.... Ill keep at it for a bit and see what I come up with. Thanks!

Hmmm. Maybe there is some problem in SSDTHandling or it is a real bug of XPC. See clause 1.11 at "XPC Releases and Instructions"

In this case I think the best solution will be the correction of DSDT/SSDT.

Secondly, I don't know whether it is possible to inject intel HD 4600 only with the help of DSDT as well as for Ati's Graphics.

It would be a solution till TheGeniusIam add the support for it if this injection is possible, of course.

In general, we eager wait the new XPC with improvements and new capabilities.

HAHA! Success...Intel Hd4600 Injection works. XPC will boot Mavericks DP4 on Haswell. However, there is the issue of the system running in super speed mode as noted on other threads here. This was fixed via updating the boot loader. So unless I can inject the data via the patch.plist, the source is released or there is an update for Haswell. It won't be useable. The clock runs min. as seconds and the spinner acts like its on steroids ect...... But the injection is simple enough for video. So thats the good news....

• 1 month later...

TimeWalker75a, any plans to make an UEFI bootloader version of XPC?

Native UEFI boot would be very interesting. I tried to cut everything from start to MZ

and renamed the gpt version to XPC.efi but boot hangs at grey cursor.

Even I put DUETEFIXPCFV.Fv & Efivar.bin to root of my UEFI system partiton, folder structure is the same

but no success so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Alex, I use your last version of XPC.

From flash drive are loaded 10.8.5, Mavericks and Windows 7, 8. All works.

But after loading XPC on EFI section of HDD there is a picture with disks.

After I choiceD 10.8.5 or 10.9 at once there is a crossed out zero.

At loading with (-s) there is a message:

"This version of Mfc OS x is not supported on this platform"

Reason: "Product name."

Pls advise that it is necessary to do.

when you install xpc on the hard drive , configuration files aren't copied, just the loader by itself, you have to copy efi folder from usb stick to efi partition on hdd manually to complete the installation

http://xpcboot.weebly.com/

here on the bottom of the page there is a pretty nice description on how to do this step by step, if you have further questions, feel free to ask

by the way even thou the last xpc build loads 10.9 succesfully, cpu bus speed is a little wrong, even though it is written manually in the plist which leads the clock to go too fast in my case appr. 10 minutes in 2-3 days, witch is no catastrophy, but still gets on the nerves a little bit, especially if you have tv schedule recordings running, would appreciate much this to be fixed €;

• 3 weeks later...

При установке OS X 10.9 с ХРС последней версии все работает, но система "не видит" Интернет. Нет BSD name  -en0.

Вставлял инжектор в settings.plist - не помогло.

Ставил kexts для Intel 82579 - не помогло.

При установке и загрузке через Clover - все есть и работает, а при загрузке через ХРС - интернета нет.

Что делать?

Здравствуйте. По идеи загрузчик не должен ломать интернет. Покажите config от Кловера и settings от XPC ну и DSDT на всякий случай.

У вас драйвер от сетевой карточки находится в S/L/E?. Что показывает Console и IOReg при загрузки с XPC-> т.е. Подцепился ли драйвер. Если да, пробовали нажать на минус и плюс в настройках интернета чтобы пересоздать интернет соединение.

At installation OS X 10.9 with last version of ХРС all works, but the system "does not see" the Internet. Is not present BSD name-en0.

Inserted an injector in settings.plist - has not helped.

Put kexts for Intel 82579 - has not helped.

At installation and loading with Clover - all is and works, and at loading through ХРС - the Internet is not present.

What to do?

Config от Кловера показать не могу, так как использовал готовую сборку для установки 10.9 GM.

Проблема с Интернет была у меня на всех версиях, начиная с 10.5, но выручал МультиБист. 

Драйвер для  сетевой карточки находится в S/L/E, установлен с помощью МультиБист.

В настройках Интернет все чисто и не помогает ни + ни -, т.е. сеть не генерируется.

При просмотре Все о Mac в графе Интернет присутствует все что прописано в инжекторе Интернет в settings.plist, а также имя и расположение кекста для Интернет. То есть все кроме BSD name - en0.

Как вложить DSDT и settings.plist в данное сообщение я не знаю.

Пожалуйста, подскажите и я от правлю их Вам вместе с описанием системы. 

Еще раз спасибо за ответ.

Вы используйте какой-то инжектор или string(device properties )? И это у вас работает в Кловера, а в XPC нет.

Можно сделать предположение, что возможно в XPC неправильно работают Device Properties. Тогда нужно искать альтернативный путь инжекции, например DSDT. Вы кстати какой kext используйте под intel. Желательно последний версии и скомпилированный под Mavericks или ML(хотя бы)

Наверное вы не можете выкладывать файлы потому-что у вас мало сообщений. Такда выложите на Dropbox или rghost например чтобы посмотреть что инжектируется. А здесь оставьте ссылку.

Я использовал BOOT USB OS X Mavericks 10.9 DP.pkg для установки 10.9 GM ничего не меняя.

Все работает.

С загрузкой уже установленной OS в Кловере интернет есть, а при загрузке этой же OS в ХРС система загружается, но нет Интернета и, как уже писал, нет возможности его настроить с Системных настройках.

При установке 10.9 MG из ХРС в settings.plist вставил:

<key>InjectEthernet</key>

<dict>

<key>Device</key>

<string>0x1503</string>

<key>Vendor</key>

<string>0x8086</string>

</dict>

Пробовал Kext для Intel - AppleIntelE1000e.kext для 10.8.5 и 10.9. - оба ложаться в /S/L/E (проверял содержимое пакета IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Использую полученный с помощью ХРС DSDT (команда I).

P.S. При загрузке с ХРС в строках относительно Интернет стоит пометка (Info), а МАС адреса нет.

Мой хард: M/B  Asus P8Z68 -V, CPU Intel i7-2600, 16 Mb memory, 2 SSD по 256 Gb, 2 HDD по 1 Tb, 1 HDD 120 Gb, ATI Radeon HD 5670.

Ссылка: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmqixuifhjt5wi3/dsdt.aml

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdfy6v6rf7xy7r1/settings.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c6z4d4tcymt1hb/xpc_patcher.plist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxcfx9h1tkjlc8h/xpc_smbios.plist

Так, а в кловере если убрать Ethernet-инжекцию интернет не работает?

Мой хард: M/B  Asus P8Z68 -V, CPU Intel i7-2600, 16 Mb memory, 2 SSD по 256 Gb, 2 HDD по 1 Tb, 1 HDD 120 Gb, ATI Radeon HD 5670.

Вообще не хорошо использовать непатченный DSDT. Вы избавились от NullCPUPowerManager, завели ли видео? 16 Mb должно быть от него? Также покажите конфиг от кловера чтобы понять, что точно инжектирует Clover для работы интернета.

PS я могу помочь с SpeedStep и видео если они не заведены.