XPC General discussion

Alex009988

230 posts in this topic

May be I am doing something wrong but I cannot get XPC-0.92 to work

1.       Tried with USB Stick. Have prepared a Stick with iBOOT_SetupToolBeta.2.exe, copied all files from the XPC 0.90.40 and tried to boot with the Stick my 10.8 on the HDD. All works perfect – can boot, can work.

Then I replaced original Efildr20 (0.90.40) with Efildr20 0.92.0 and splited the settings.plist into settings.plist, xpc_smbios and xpc_patcher.plist. If I try to boot now I get the message

Entering GUI now

Color not found ‘a’

and nothing more happens :(

2.       Tried with a HDD. Have installed onto my test HDD (with 10.8)  XPC 0.90.40 (with booting at first from a USB Stick, “Press 7” in Boot Menu and so on)  All works perfect – can boot, can work.

Have changed the header of Efildr20 (0.92) to the header of Efildgpt 0.90.40 (first 2928 Bytes (0x000  to 0xB6F)) and replaced the original Efildgpt file on the EFI Partition with this file. After reboot – shortly a red message “Start GPT!” and then black screen.

With a header from Efildgpt 0.90.41 – same message, then black screen and HDD Led becomes sometimes active.

By and by I am getting tired of this business…

Guys, I would suggest everyone here try to use Clover until XPC is updated. Im friends with IPT and its nothing against XPC but you get the same benefits of an efi boot and its regularly updated and current.

I think most of us have already known and tried it but for some mystic reason we continue to use XPC. It's like a girl where you are fond of her in spite of the other can be younger, maybe richer, I don't know. But you love exactly that girl for no particular reason.

The same situation with XPC. For my laptop, XPC works as well as Clover. If XPC works well, I think we can remain it as a main bootloader. Also, XPC might be as a reserve bootloader.

• Like 1

Show settings xpc_patcher xpc_smbios and theme.plist. Maybe one if them have a mistake. Do you have laptop or desktop? 

Here are the xpc_smbios.plist and xpc_patcher.plist files. xpc_patcher.plist is empty, I created it only to get rid of the error message “xpc_patcher.plist could not be found”. The theme.plist is just an original theme.plist file what one gets with XPC-0.90.40. As I mentioned above, it works without problems with  XPC-0.90.40. I guess the problem is caused by this file, if I rename it I get an error message “theme.plist could not be found" instead of “Entering GUI…” It is definitely not a read error from the USB Stick, I tried XPC-0.92 with two sticks and with both I have the same “GUI” problem..

It’s a desktop PC with Asus P7P55D-E / i7 860 / Radeon HD 5750

xpc_smbios.zip

xpc_patcher.zip

theme.zip

the Entering GUI…. problem is common and well known. Tom has not mentioned fixing it and thanks to TimeWalker for telling me you can unplug the graphics and plug it back in to get past that error, but its not something you want to have to do on every boot  :P

@Einbaer please, upload settings.plist as well I'll look it into tumorrow.

the Entering GUI…. problem is common and well known. Tom has not mentioned fixing it and thanks to TimeWalker for telling me you can unplug the graphics and plug it back in to get past that error, but its not something you want to have to do on every boot  :P

Yes, unfortunately it's the bad bag. With laptops it's Ok. Hope Tom to return to his project soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to return to forum.

Alex, your advice is necessary for me.
I cannot install ХРС on HDD (SSD).
I do as it is recommended, i.e. 7, shift + i, after that:
1st method: as it is described in procedure I mount EFI section and copy all through the terminal - result "Not found".
2nd method: as you advised earlier - I mount EFI section and copy Efildgpt, then EFI folder - result "GPT Start".
At forums found 3rd method:
7, shift + i, after that: I mount EFI section and

rm-rf/Volumes/EFI/*, as variant tried without it.
cp-v/Volumes/XPC/Efildgpt/Volumes/EFI

cp-Rv/Volumes/XPC/EFI/Volumes/EFI/

As a result appears GUI with disks and ХРС, but after choice of SSD with Mavericks I receive the message:
Loading Kexts from ' efi\xpc\extra_kext\10.9 and the computer "hangs" irrespective of ForceEnableHPET=1 or 0.
With flash-drive loading goes without problems.

I have to return to forum.

Alex, your advice is necessary for me.

I cannot install ХРС on HDD (SSD).

I do as it is recommended, i.e. 7, shift + i, after that:

1st method: as it is described in procedure I mount EFI section and copy all through the terminal - result "Not found".

2nd method: as you advised earlier - I mount EFI section and copy Efildgpt, then EFI folder - result "GPT Start".

At forums found 3rd method:

7, shift + i, after that: I mount EFI section and

rm-rf/Volumes/EFI/*, as variant tried without it.

cp-v/Volumes/XPC/Efildgpt/Volumes/EFI

cp-Rv/Volumes/XPC/EFI/Volumes/EFI/

As a result appears GUI with disks and ХРС, but after choice of SSD with Mavericks I receive the message:

Loading Kexts from ' efi\xpc\extra_kext\10.9 and the computer "hangs" irrespective of ForceEnableHPET=1 or 0.

With flash-drive loading goes without problems.

try the attached efildgpt (converted from efildr20 0.92.3r)  it works fine here

Efildgpt_0.92.3r.zip

• Like 1

#FacpFix

AccessWidth
0x01
Address
0x0CF9
BitOffset
0x00
BitWidth
0x08
Flags
0x400
PMProfile
0x01
SpaceID
0x01
Value
0x06

DefaultBoot

DeviceProperties

ForceLoadKernelcache
InjectAmd
MLBData
C0214************
#NVRAMSaveLocation

FilePath
Volume
/Extra/nvram.ec980099-74ef-4fd9-8662-a27a709e53c8.plist

NoGuiOnDefaultBoot
OSXKernelSettings

KernelFlags
-v

PlatformUUID
********-A48C-4BC1-97F8-************
ScreenMode
USBFix

SmbiosTables

Table_01

BiosReleaseDate
07/26/10
BiosVendor
Apple Inc.
BiosVersion
MBP83.88Z.0047.B24
Type

Table_02

Family
MacBook Pro
Manufacturer
Apple Inc.
ProductName
MacBookPro8,3
SKUNumber
System SKU#
SerialNumber
Type
Version

Table_03

AssetTag
MacBook Pro
BoardType
LocationInChassis
Part Component
Manufacturer
Apple Inc.
ProductName
MBP83.88Z.0047.B24
SerialNumber
Type
Version

Table_04

AssetTag
MacBook Pro
ChassisType
Manufacturer
Apple Inc.
SerialNumber
Type
Version

I hid something, with this smbios values and chameleon i have all working..   thanks
  • Like 1

Alex can you attached me your folder like with bb, so i can understand what is wrong, it's last loader that i must try. I need to know something about hd3000 .. ;)

Before the verbose, you have only:

Added Acpi-Table efi\ etc. etc.\SSDT.aml ?

Or also the same but with DSDT.aml ?

Because i see only the first, so i don't know if problem is the less loding of DSDT. I have no possibility to see this..

Happy with chameleon ...

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Thinking of giving XPC a shot on my soon to be quad-boot Gigabyte Z77M-D3H board.  My wishes are:

Mavericks, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04.  My issues are how to install all 4 and have XPC see each OS.  I don't want the Windows Bootloader to control 7 and 8.1.  I want XPC to see each individually.  Since this is an UEFI motherboard how do I install Ubuntu in UEFI so it will boot from XPC?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

bman1096

• 2 months later...