XPC General discussion

Alex009988

230 posts in this topic

I have a supplication to everyone.

Please check this parameter and answer me whether color has changed from black to orange.

Or will say to me that black color was remained.

I have to look into why on my laptop a color of icons doesn't change whereas TimeWalker doesn't have this trouble.

He shown me the screenshot with the blue icons.

This is orange colour!

<key>VolumeLabelText</key>

<string>0xFFFF4500</string>

Try it, please. This is really important for me.

TimeWalker

How about making a pkg for XPC.(As it is in the Chameleon and Clover) Are you acquainted with PakageManager or Can you make something working with this one?

I tried to do this with PakageMaker. But unfortunately I receive an error when installation is occurring.

Or teach me to do so as you teach me some specifics of Xcode when we were discussing about battery.

Dood installers are possible only with scripts as far as I know. @DoiX has done installers at some point, but here we require an execution of a binary file (DuetToHdd to be exact) in order to write sectors to a USB flashdrive. Copyting files is a pretty straight forward operation when this part is done, you just have to copy it in a certain order. Besides, majority of people installing OSX for the first time don't have access to an OSX machine (though something else crawls my mind .. how the heck do they get an actual OSX bootable media, but it's up to them I guess), as such BDU from cVad is a perfect tool for creating a bootable stick with XPC (since it can format and install XPC sectors). The user then has to copy the contents of an XPC release in a certain order (to avoid MBR Start! issues etc).

I don't find the idea of making the installer feasible, it's convenient for sure, but taking into account the settings.plist you have to fill in, one is bound to have some basic knowledge .. and using a CLI utility or a package from @caine to install these sectors is not an end of the world for an end-user.

I have a supplication to everyone.

Please check this parameter and answer me whether color has changed from black to orange.

Or will say to me that black color was remained.

I have to look into why on my laptop a color of icons doesn't change whereas TimeWalker doesn't have this trouble.

He shown me the screenshot with the blue icons.

This is orange colour!

<key>VolumeLabelText</key>

<string>0xFFFF4500</string>

Try it, please. This is really important for me.

I've already investigated it. There is a little bug of XPC. I've write a message to iPhoneTom with description of Problem

The version from 23.02.13 doesn't have such problem. And that version is also with themes!

• Like 1

Ok I've conducted little experiment on ability of XPC to load extra kexts.

First of all, I use this key on order to prevent loading drivers only from S/L/E

<key>ForceLoadKernelcache</key>

<integer>0</integer>

Experimented with these kexts

ACPISensors

AppleSmartBatteryManager

CPUSensors

GPUSensors

VoodooSDHC

And all equipment wasn't started up which is connected with these kexts.

What means that these kexts hadn't been taken by XPC.

These happens with versions from 30.03.13 and 20.03.13 at least.

Am writing here because iPhoneTom's forum is not available for now.

settings.plist.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I think, but TimeWalker75a could say it better, that XPC uses Boot.efi booting from regular BIOS, just like Clover running in legacy mode. It doesn't really use UEFI mode. But then again, i'm not quite sure of what i'm saying, then wait for more qualified replies.

• Like 1

I've found the new convenient way how to install XPC to USBStick.

Because old method, namely XPC prepare tool, gave incorrect size of USB stick.

post-974387-0-91717500-1366014077_thumb.png

TimeWalker75a. What do you think about to release XPC in two variants as "boot" and as "Efildr20, Efildgpt?"

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm wondering whether could XPC directly boot in UEFI mode?

yes, it boots also from GPT disk with EFI partition, and the best of it all is that XPC USB bootstick will prepare the partiton for you.

If you already have a functional USB XPC stick, press 'H' for help and you'll find out key '7' will install XPC directly on your EFI partition,

but this process takes some time. The method is described in detail, scroll down to 'Install XPC to HDD

'.

bR

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Supra, in this case it wouldn't be true UEFI booting, since the boot path would be roughly the same Chameleon and its branches use to boot GPT disks with both BIOS and UEFI BIOS motherboards.

All the best!

theconnactic, what happened to the XPC forum, the hosting account is suspend?

If you have contact with iPhonetom and he needs free webspace tell me. I own a server & could help if required.

In case send me a PM.

bR

• Like 1

theconnactic, what happened to the XPC forum, the hosting account is suspend?

If you have contact with iPhonetom and he needs free webspace tell me. I own a server & could help if required.

In case send me a PM.

bR

Year, I've also started worrying where iPhoneTom is. Perhaps, he merely took a break and will renew his work soon.

He can also move to this forum. We will wait him in any case.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I mean "if some one tried it and worked". I'm still with 10.8.3 waiting. Donwloading combo update for the weekend.

Year for others it works. Today only me have problem with XPC. Several people corroborated that their XPC works for them.

So that, probability, that XPC will work for you, is big.

Ok. User called "droplets" gave me a hint what the problem was?

<key>Inject Amd</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>InjectNvidia</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>InjectIntel</key>
<integer>0</integer>

Without injecting of Graphics XPC doesn't launch. And my graphics is injected by DSDT and it was cause why I couldn't understand where mistake was hiding from view.

With

<key>Inject Amd</key>

<integer>1</integer>

I booted normally.

Ok. User called "droplets" gave me a hint what the problem was?

Inject Amd
InjectNvidia
InjectIntel

Without injecting of Graphics XPC doesn't launch. And my graphics is injected by DSDT and it was cause why I couldn't understand where mistake was hiding from view.

With

Inject Amd1

I booted normally.

Hate to break it to you buddy, but my desktop is working for well over 3 years now with graphics being injected via dev-property string using XPC.

I have a problem: every time i try to start XPC everything loads fine/continues until the "Entering the GUI..." screen in versions above 0.90.26. There it hangs. Only 0.90.26 works for me... It would be a pleasure to hear if this issue can be fixed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem!

XPC does not want to load Mavericks.

And it hangs on this spot.

For a start it is necessary to understand whether it is mass problem or only I have it.

So that I ask who has XPC and Maverick to give a feedback about it, please.

post-974387-0-37665900-1371758163_thumb.jpg

• Like 1