Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

@manwe150 - nice add. yeah i have the hybrid momentus XT...  and yeah mavericks is fast. 10 seconds (including 3 seconds in GUI!) clover  log show 9:834 seconds.  the little apple circle does about 4-5 rotations never gets to the 6th!

i am running clover b2377 - not any real changes since i posted the zip in november. using latest "kext utility" vs "kext wizard" now which adds the right info signatures etc to AppleKextExcludeList.kext - so no more warnings from non-apple kexts during carbon clone etc.

@safsprin - did you get the DSDT and custom kexts installed?

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that the following dsdt patch causes my speaker to emit a continuous beep after waking my system, so I put it back in:

/* tjl - turn off beep! - 0x01 is turn power on sleep off

If (LOr (\SPS, \WNTF))

{

\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.BEEP (0x05)

}

*/

@zavataafnan - sound will work with these 2 things:

1) use the custom/patched DSDT - has the right audio codec defined as layout 12

2) replace AppleHDA.kext with the one in the zip. you must remove or replace the one in /S/L/E

@honeywall - the PS2 issue seems to be a UEFI issue. you can validate by booting with chameleon (not sure why CloverEFI on MBR ) is not working for you.

@zavataafnan - 

uh well yeah,  after you install OSX.  how far in the installation guide steps did you get? you will need to install the custom kexts into your /S/L/E folder. then follow instructions to rename the clover OEM folder to boot your system.  if you don't remove the original AppleHDA, the custom one will be ignored. 

@tluck

first of all thanks for your support and fast reply!

Yes, I copied the kexts from the Clover folder with ubuntu! OSX starts more faster. But the sound is not working (my button for decreasing and increasing volumes, seems, are working. but the sound is muted). Another thing, trackball is not working after installing the kexts ?(It seems VoodooPS2 was loaded)!!!!!

@zavataafnan 

why are you doing all this from ubuntu??? it is best to install the kexts from the OSX. sounds like your kexts are not installed right? I use cvad's Kext Utility to copy/install them so it will get the permissions right and update the caches etc. Are you using external speakers (headphone) or built-in internal laptop speakers. if the new AppleHDA installed you will see Internal Speakers and Internal Microphone when hold Option (MS flag) and click on the Speaker Icon on the Menu Bar.

hello tluck i just found that if you apply this patch from RehabMan in dsdt the sound from speaker works after sleep :)

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#system_WAK2.txt

#
# In 10.8.5 and perhaps later versions of OS X, DSDT method _WAK
# called after resuming from S3 suspend (Sleep, or suspend to RAM),
# is called with garbage in Arg0, where it should be a value
# representing the sleep state being left (1-5).
#
# This causes problems for code in DSDT _WAK method which expects
# and checks against Arg0==3 for wake from sleep to turn on various
# devices or restore internal state to a working state.
#
# This patch adds code at the very beginning of the method to
# force an an out-of-range Arg0 to 3.
#
# See system_WAK1.txt for an alternate patch
#

into method label _WAK code_regex ([\s\S]*) replace_matched
begin
If (LOr(LLess(Arg0,1),LGreater(Arg0,5))) { Store(3,Arg0) }\n
%1
end;

Just posted a bundle updated for 10.9.1 ... Clover UEFI on T420 Guide

17-Dec-2013

• Updated for 10.9.1 - AppleHDA.kext v2.5.3 patched
  • Updated Clover to b2377
  • Minor teaks for DSDT and config.plist
    Note: Still no internal speaker on resume for sleep - even with RehabMan's _WAK patches - must power off/on after wake to get speaker to work.

@sot_22 - Bummer. if it works for you thats great. I tested RehabMan's patch (it is included in the this bundle) on my box - but nothing changed - speaker still dead after wake. I fear there is a bit more to this issue... To resume the speaker, I must power all the way off - a reboot will not reset the audio HW. If you really need the speaker, then if you roll back to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.4 there is no issue with the speaker.  However, for me, I am using the Mavericks AppleACPIPlatform since I get better sleep/wake for my eSATA disk AND I don't really care about the internal speaker as I use headphones or real speakers!

• Like 1

tluck i'm using the latest maverick acpiplatform not rollback and had the same problem with speaker , only power off and on will resume it (not reboot) but with wak2 patch it works now after sleep , i don't know maybe x220 has some different function but the only patches i applied to my dsdt and now the speaker work is 

system_Mutext.txt and wak2 from rehabman https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

anyway if i find something i'll post , thank you for patched appleHDA i'm gonna try it right now 

note: i'm using latest chameleon

i tested it again with your 10.9.1 appleHDA , speaker works after sleep  and like you say its minor issue that me too don't really care about cause the speaker is {censored} anyway :) 

@sot_22 - well good news (for you!)  - but maybe be we can track down the something else that needs to be patched on the T420. certainly seems ACPI related. ... i tried the both patches - mutex and wak2 patch - and got dead speaker. 

here is my dsdt of x220 if you want to compare something , its very similar and i study yours and others to make mine of course, maybe you can understand the acpi sections to find some clue. (for x220 users to try it's from 1.39 bios (latest for x220)

updated 18/12

http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/82117974/file.html