Lion kernel testing on AMD (don't ask help here: use the Help Topic)

ham4ever

613 posts in this topic

Yeah, no dice also here.

I think I found the problem Plug-In on Photoshop, In the Required -> Plug-In's -> Extensions -> MMXCore.plugin.

Illustrator is in Illustrator Folder -> Plug-In's -> Photoshop Filters (with nothing in that folder Illustrator opens)

that is a far as I got then Illustrator got corrupt with the warning Missing required plugins. PDF Format.aip (although the plugin IS there!)

BIG WARNING! DELETING PLUGINS CORRUPTS ILLUSTRATOR WHEN YOU TRY OPEN IN AGAIN!

EDIT: And it seems like something in Extensions Folder (Illustrator)

• Like 1

MMXCore.plugin ---> Well, quite suggestive, since ssse3 derives from MMX :)

Hahahaha Weird thing is Photoshop CS5.1 has that plugin and it works without deleting it :)

Ah next to work out Illustrator but it keeps getting corrupt :(

EDIT: [illustrator] On a side, the plug-in's don't work from Windows (although I have not tested the 32-bit versions of the files, maybe would give a better result). I can safely confirm the Problems ones can be found in Extensions and Photoshop Filters. Clearing both always end up opening Illustrator AND always corrupting Illustrator once you quit.

Update: Found Illustrator Plug-Ins

Illustrator Folder -> Plug-in's -> Extensions -> BNPlugin.aip

Illustrator Folder -> Plug-in's -> Photoshop Filters -> PSLFilterAdapter.aip

EDIT: BNPlugin from Illustrator CS5.1 can be used as an alternative. (See Attached)

EDIT 2: Bridge CS6 also has the MMXCore.plugin, that is why it crashes. Found in Bridge App Folder -> Plug-ins -> MMXCore.plugin

EDIT: VMWare Fusion 5.0.2 - Working (see attached)

BNPlugin.aip.zip

Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 3.16.04 PM.png

Got it now to boot with clean 10.7.5 from appstore and deleted nvda kexts in the installer!

Is it normal that my installed nvda kexts all have no plists in them? They have only MacOS folder with binary in it! And dont load up!

If someone could look that up it would be very nice! :-)

Is anyone getting certificate errors using the kernel "mach_kernel_10_7_5_FX_RC7_TEST_FSB"? I get it when trying to Sign In to Adobe to install the trial, and all the time on chrome? (booting in x86_64)

EDIT: The problem is also on Outlook 2011

I do not understand what you mean? ) Can you time properly set =)

I do not understand what you mean? ) Can you time properly set =)

Attached, I have the time set correctly and it does not appear to happen on the 10.7.4 kernel.

Even if I set the certificates to Trusted I still get this problem, I even tried the kernel on a clean Lion install and same results.

Screen Shot 2013-03-01 at 4.04.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-01 at 4.05.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-01 at 4.06.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-01 at 4.08.20 PM.png

I'm on Lion 10.7.2 and about to upgrade to .4 since I hear there's graphics issues with .5 Anything I need to prepare for besides replacing the kernel? Any kexts I need to roll back before restarting? I've learned the hard way too many times by not asking. Thanks!

Attached, I have the time set correctly and it does not appear to happen on the 10.7.4 kernel.

Even if I set the certificates to Trusted I still get this problem, I even tried the kernel on a clean Lion install and same results.

Interested ! I no see it is problem =))) 26 Fubruary i update it is kernel RC8 . No flags nossse3bit and nosse42bit . You try it is kernel RC8 -> http://www.mediafire...jcxb2dyvxw68lfa .

Edited by Bronya
  • Like 5

Hey Bronya!

Is there any success with your kernel and nvidia kepler cards on applelife?

I tried it now a few times and everytime I use your kernel to install my nvidia kexts are empty! Thats really strange!

With an 10.7.4 installation, update to 10.7.5 and your rc8 kernel (arch=i386) my system boots to the point the windowserver should show up and then the system freezes!

I let it run for 20 minutes to look if something happens - nothing! Not even a white screen like it used to happen with 10.8.2!

I know you are not using nvidia yourself but in principle the card should work at least with 32bit as it used to run with 10.7.4 ok!

Edited by misterfrista

Thanks ! :)

misterfrista , if is it white screen - i received same it , then i replaced IONDRVSupport.kext , IOPCIFamily.kext , AppleACPIPlatform.kext from only 10.6.7 ! And work fine ! It is i tryed atiradeon x1950 pro =)

Hi, folks!

I just bought an AMD 5450 and i'm glad to inform this cheap little wonder works like a charm with 10.7.5, using one of Bronzovka's kernels (not the latest one) and booting in 64-bit kernel mode (arch=x86_64):

Screen Shot 2013-03-08 at 12.44.30 AM.png

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1730679

The card, from Sapphire, has three ports: DVI-HDMI-VGA (from the closest to the motherboard to the less close). All outs work just fine, full QE/CI with a 40'' 1080p monitor. Only HDMI audio is still a pain in the OS (forgive-me the lousy pun), but that's not our kernel's fault.

Best regards!

P.S.: Now i can say ex-cathedra that this obsession with pure 64-bit kernel mode is rather futile: no perceived or measured performance gains other than a faster boot time over 32-bit mode with 64-bit support.

• Like 1