AMD 7970 Working With Full QE !

sea_man

133 posts in this topic

ok i bought a 7850 how do i get it working i really don't understand DSDT editing my main board is a Gigabyte Z68UD7-B3 plus using Clover V2 as the boot loader version 1022

READ! If you do not understand then wait until it is incorporated into the bootloader using GE=Yes. Otherwise you will have to read and begin to understand how to edit the DSDT for your needs.

ok then well i did try editing my DSDT file but i did not make it myself i downloaded it from tonymacx86 for my main board then i used io reg explorer and it said my GFX was in PEG0 i did a search in my DSDT pasted the code under that compiled it found errors saved the DSDT as DSDT.aml and copied it to the right place rebooted and nothing changed can i please have some help Rampage Dev ?

This is the ATI7000 kexts used on 10.8.0 , but this is an extended desktop and it allows me to select the resolutions. But no FB. So 10.8.3 release should solve all the problems for 7xxx series.

The card config is correct with 2GB.

Oops there is picture cut.

System Info shows as Cape Verde. What I noticed is that AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext does not contain Cape Verde (Please correct me about this as I am not too sure). My dumped VGA Bios shows as Chutoro.

post-1067222-0-28916400-1358820803_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to put my money on Dancing Unicorns.

How many, one, two, five? There's a big difference between two Dancing Unicorns and five Dancing Unicorns! Sparkley or pooping rainbows? Different processes for each! :)

• Like 1

I'm not able to do so

can help me?give me please ati ati 7000.kext frammebufer. modified

This will not help. Please read the thread in full so that you understand that issues your GPU currently has under Mac OS X.

@grillaccio:

10.8.3 added drivers for the 7xxx card series but it is probable that the "sleep trick" will still have to be used when the final version is published.

If you are looking for a fully working Hackintosh and don't want to experiment much, you should better get another card instead; an Nvidia 660 for example which works quite well with Mac, I heard.

So it's just a matter of grabbing the driver media that comes with this card and try to use them to enable support for all AMD 7xxx cards. I suppose them drivers (EDIT: oh, i see: where is written "drivers"should be writen "cards": my mistake) will work only with UEFI boards.

Best regards!

Edited by theconnactic