AMD 7970 Working With Full QE !

sea_man

133 posts in this topic

I think is not only the drivers

The hardware of the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Mac Edition, the Windows version is similar ergo strong, we assume that the changes are mainly found in the BIOS.

You're talking about the VBIOS (The BIOS of the card)?

If it is, that was precisely part of my my point: it's probably an EFI card, so it would be either needed to flash the card for it to boot from BIOS (and that way it would be just another 79xx PC card) or boot with UEFI mode, assuming the UEFI 2.0 of this kind of board can read the EFI 1.0-compatible VBIOS of the card.

The drivers that come with the mac version would be important, though (that's the other half of my point): i suppose they're stable drivers, compatible with all versions of Mountain Lion. If the card is in the market before 10.8.3 is officially out (it's not impossible at all, given how Apple is retarding its release), the drivers of this card can be used as research material for all 7xxx cards, instead of the buggy beta 10.8.3 AMD7xxx kexts. See, Sea?

Best regards!

Edited by theconnactic

Yes i talk about the vbios ( the 7*** have a white screen bug, also in my config whit the new uefi vbios installed in my 7970 ) and maybe this new bios solve this.

Yes, the optimized drivers are very important but for now we have decent drivers for the 7*** , but i hope this bios fix the white screen bug ( sleep trick ) in our hackintosh.

• Like 2

What I did when I found out newer could be trouble (I bought the XFX 7750) was I said screw the new cards and I started to look for and found a used one like I already had.

How much more performance could I possibly squeeze out of the newer card compared to my old (Sapphire hd 5750) I mean in a Hackintosh (I dont play games nothing like that)? My guess is I wouldnt se any.

So to me the question is is it really worth the trouble if the increase of "visual" performance is hardly noticeable? I have my three ports working including displayport just by editing two kexts and the cards works supergood in finalcut, logic, surfing the internet, movies etc etc so from my point of view me the answer is no.

What I did when I found out newer could be trouble (I bought the XFX 7750) was I said screw the new cards and I started to look for and found a used one like I already had.

How much more performance could I possibly squeeze out of the newer card compared to my old (Sapphire hd 5750) I mean in a Hackintosh (I dont play games nothing like that)? My guess is I wouldnt se any.

So to me the question is is it really worth the trouble if the increase of "visual" performance is hardly noticeable? I have my three ports working including displayport just by editing two kexts and the cards works supergood in finalcut, logic, surfing the internet, movies etc etc so from my point of view me the answer is no.

The reason that im looking at the 7990 is because i dualboot with windows (for gaming), do not need performance at all in osx..

Im currently running dual 5870 cards that worked like a charm until i managed to break my pci-e 8x slot... so now i can only fit one graphics card in the computer.

i think the 7970 will be to little for me=)

Device ID 6819

Subvendor ID 1787

SubDevice ID 201C

Sempre scheda grafica (ma relativa all'audio)

Vendor ID 1002

Device ID AAB0

Subvendor ID 1787

SubDevice ID AAB0

hi in dsdt ?

}

Device (GFX0)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x10)

{

"AAPL,slot-name",

Buffer (0x07)

{

"Slot-1"

},

"device-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x19, 0x68, 0x00, 0x00

},

"@0,name",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"ATY,Aji"

},

"@1,name",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"ATY,Aji"

},

"@2,name",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"ATY,Aji"

},

"@3,name",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"ATY,Aji"

},

"model",

Buffer (0x13)

{

"AMD Radeon HD 7850"

},

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-1"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Is correct? thanks20130305164242.jpg

The reason that im looking at the 7990 is because i dualboot with windows (for gaming), do not need performance at all in osx..

Im currently running dual 5870 cards that worked like a charm until i managed to break my pci-e 8x slot... so now i can only fit one graphics card in the computer.

i think the 7970 will be to little for me=)

I dualboot too and with my sapphire 5750 I have three monitors hooked up to one card, works great both in windows even win8 and osx ML

I dualboot too and with my sapphire 5750 I have three monitors hooked up to one card, works great both in windows even win8 and osx ML

Dont know if i see what your getting at? for me 5870 crossfire worked 100% both in win and osx. but after damaging my mb i have to settle on one graphic card.

preferably a 7990 if it will work, hence my question

Dont know if i see what your getting at? for me 5870 crossfire worked 100% both in win and osx. but after damaging my mb i have to settle on one graphic card.

preferably a 7990 if it will work, hence my question

There is no Crossfire or SLI in Mac under any version. Please do not post false information. Thank you for your time.

There is no Crossfire or SLI in Mac under any version. Please do not post false information. Thank you for your time.

Sorry, was a bit quick with posting.

What i meant to say is that there is no problem booting osx with two 5870 connected including "crossfire bridge" between.

Booth cards work in OSX but as separate cards!

In windows i get crossfire without having to do anything. Ergo they both work 100% in different ways both in osx and win=)

Btw how are you able to get dsdt information about card without having the card installed?.

Im not able to boot into osx at all when i have installed the radeon 7970. whats the trick here? tried to set default graphics card to igfx in bios, but it

keeps reseting to auto.

Ive updated to osx 10.8.3

My bootloader just shows a lot of weird code (found fix for this)

When i use my osx ##### usb im able to boot from my osx hdd.

But im not able to get into osx desktop.

Tried -verbose -x -graphicsenabler=no -darkwake=0

with -v -x -graphicsenabler= no im able to get to desktop, but before im able to do anything the computer crashes.

bilde_1.jpg

Great News,

for me the HD 7950 with Build 12D76 (10.8.3) is completely running. I testet Diablo 3 and it runs great without graphic issues.

I also get no white screen but I can only boot into chameleon with Intel onboard card (in bios IGFX first). If I boot with HD7000 directly I get a boot0 error.

Great News,

for me the HD 7950 with Build 12D76 (10.8.3) is completely running. I testet Diablo 3 and it runs great without graphic issues.

I also get no white screen but I can only boot into chameleon with Intel onboard card (in bios IGFX first). If I boot with HD7000 directly I get a boot0 error.

OK if understand fine.. you set the intel internal gpu to first and boot from there.. later you swap the monitor cable to the 7950 or what ?

Yes. I have Internel connected with DVI and ATI with DP on my monitor. So I only need to switch Input.

I managed it now also to boot with HD7000 directly if I set Display to Auto. But then I also get the white screen that can be solved with sleep. Both not perfect ways but for now I´m satisfied.

i tried the DSDT injection, but i just end up with a black screen. I am able to sleep the computer and wake it up, but even after doing the sleep/wakeup thing, the screen stays black

If i run the mac using clover efi bootloader without dsdt and graphicsenabler=no then i get an white screen in which the sleep trick works and the desktop shows but no framebuffer is loaded

Any help on how to fix the dsdt so the black screen is fixed ???

MY card is a 7770 ati Ghz edtion from MSI

here is my original dsdt and the modified dsdt

DSDTs.zip

tip.

if people are using gigabyte ga z77 up5 mobo.

and have issue with not being able to use internal graphics

it might be because you use bios f12e. i downgraded to f11 and now i can use internal.

anyone know why my computer stops at:

IOBluetoothHCIController :: serConfigState calling registerService?

im using a radeon 7970

aha. then basiclly im still using the 7970.

havent patched dsdt and such jet since i apperantly

arent able to get into osx with the card in the computer.

any tip here? should i follow the tutorial video without the 7970 in my maschine.

i guess it will be hard to find my card in ioregexplorer:)

tip.

if people are using gigabyte ga z77 up5 mobo.

and have issue with not being able to use internal graphics

it might be because you use bios f12e. i downgraded to f11 and now i can use internal.

anyone know why my computer stops at:

IOBluetoothHCIController :: serConfigState calling registerService?

im using a radeon 7970

I have basically the same setup as you, please tell me if you get it to work. I'm having trouble finding a DSDT, since I actually got the motherboard because I thought I wouldn't need to have one.

First afterwards I found out that 7970 was supported.

I have basically the same setup as you, please tell me if you get it to work. I'm having trouble finding a DSDT, since I actually got the motherboard because I thought I wouldn't need to have one.

First afterwards I found out that 7970 was supported.

I gave up in the end. it all worked earlier (using tonyxxxx) with my dual 5870, but the 7970 will not let me get into osx.

Ended up just running windows until the official osx 10.8.3 is released=(

A shame since it would be lovly to fire up osx with dual 7970=)

I gave up in the end. it all worked earlier (using tonyxxxx) with my dual 5870, but the 7970 will not let me get into osx.

Ended up just running windows until the official osx 10.8.3 is released=(

A shame since it would be lovly to fire up osx with dual 7970=)

We'll have to keep an eye out, cause 10.8.3 was released today. Hopefully someone will release a simple patch for 7970 ;).

We'll have to keep an eye out, cause 10.8.3 was released today. Hopefully someone will release a simple patch for 7970 ;).

Oh sweeet! didnt know that. hopefully there will be a fix very soon

EDIT

seems that im able to boot with 7970 in official osx10.8.3. but get white screen right before login.

guess that i should try the sleep trick, but im not able to get computer completely to sleep.

when i try it only goes to white screen=P

Since i talked about 7970 at tonyxxx ive also been time banned from there...so not able to download {censored}..

next time i will go to this forum instead since i now realise what they are doing...

Oh sweeet! didnt know that. hopefully there will be a fix very soon

EDIT

seems that im able to boot with 7970 in official osx10.8.3. but get white screen right before login.

guess that i should try the sleep trick, but im not able to get computer completely to sleep.

when i try it only goes to white screen=P

Since i talked about 7970 at tonyxxx ive also been time banned from there...so not able to download {censored}..

next time i will go to this forum instead since i now realise what they are doing...

What motherboard are you using?

im using gigabyte z77x up5 tb

i finally got the sleep function to work

however the card will no longer send me to white screen

but crashes during bootup with really bad graphics.

tried running in safemode, ge=no aticonfig=aji and so o

was so frustrated that i gave up for now last night:)

guess it had something to do with my reinstall of ##### system

after failed sleepkext loading that made my system no longer work