AMD 7970 Working With Full QE !

sea_man

133 posts in this topic

Has anyone noticed the Fan spinning up when watching a Youtube video (HTML5, Flash is disabled)? Considering the power of the card (7950) has, it should not heat up the gpu so that the fans are noticeable. :blush:

Thanks for this thread it's save me 200€ (i was going to buy a new graphic card (Nvidia) ), my bootloader needed an update to work.

i have read mainly of thread but i must admit this is a little hard for me (it's my first Hackintosh and i must admit my english is not so good  :hysterical: .

i will take the time to read many time to understand before asking any question, because i have try the dsdt edit for my 7870 but i found so much many line in my dsdt than the description and the video show.

Thanks for this thread it's save me 200€ (i was going to buy a new graphic card (Nvidia) ), my bootloader needed an update to work.

i have read mainly of thread but i must admit this is a little hard for me (it's my first Hackintosh and i must admit my english is not so good  :hysterical: .

i will take the time to read many time to understand before asking any question, because i have try the dsdt edit for my 7870 but i found so much many line in my dsdt than the description and the video show.

What bootloader did you update to? I've tried Champlist and other Chameleon versions and I still get the garbled text at boot if I boot with my 7970 as the primary boot device.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Can someone help me with my Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 on Mavericks 10.9.5 on a Intel Desktopboard DX79TO based system...

Safemode recorgnises my card as ATI Radeon HD 7*** 6144MB. but booting without safe mode gets me stuck at "ATHR: Unknown locale: 30" right before loading the GUI