AMD 7970 Working With Full QE !

sea_man

133 posts in this topic

By the way, I'm assuming GraphicsEnabler=No still needs to be set in the boot plist after getting this to work?

I'm basically putting my weekend towards this.

First see my guide here:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/2012/12/04/about-amd-7970-working-with-full-qe/

GraphicEnabler is a function in which the Bootloader injects the necessary information for Mac OS X to initialize the GPU. This is a dirty method and should only be used when first setting up a system prior to editing the DSDT.

DSDT injection is the proper way of permanently enabling your GPU. Using any type of boot flags is never a good idea long term.

I don't understand your guide, Rampage... Is there another guide somewhere?

Its very straight forward. Just copy and paste as shown in the Video I posted.

Rampage Dev, you seem to have some experience with ATI cards.

Is it possible to fix the cold boot bug or is there no other option than to hope for drivers changes in the 10.8.3 final?

No

I did, but I got these errors the last time as well: errors.png

The line number points to the device ID which I changed. It just looks like this:

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x9A, 0×67, 0×00, 0×00

},

Thats because you just copied and pasted in the number from the post. Compile before you change things then change it by hand.

I kid you not, that makes it 32 errors instead of 4. That could be because the first error is now fixed and a ton of other errors are then found of course. (Pretty standard for compilation errors in my experience. Fix that one missing semicolon, and a {censored}storm comes your way)

Edit: New errors point to an already existing GFX0, which is correct... I'm going to upload my existing DSDT, if you could have a look at it that'd be great.

Note that this is the unedited version, pre-7000-series.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/117580/DSDT.aml

I kid you not, that makes it 32 errors instead of 4. That could be because the first error is now fixed and a ton of other errors are then found of course. (Pretty standard for compilation errors in my experience. Fix that one missing semicolon, and a {censored}storm comes your way)

Edit: New errors point to an already existing GFX0, which is correct... I'm going to upload my existing DSDT, if you could have a look at it that'd be great.

Note that this is the unedited version, pre-7000-series.

https://dl.dropbox.c...117580/DSDT.aml

I was feeling nice today.

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

Hey this is nice that you getting full functionality on the 7970. I have tried the ATI7000 controller on my 7750 but hehe with a white screen.

Is it not possible for non-developers to receive the Beta ?

You can not just install drivers like you did because there a frameworks and other files missing. What you did is what I call noob bait.

No you must be a developer.

You can not just install drivers like you did because there a frameworks and other files missing. What you did is what I call noob bait.

No you must be a developer.

I do have a developer id but that is without any certification, i.e I have not yet paid to get the certificate as I am not actually a developer/ programmer but just to create an id.

Technically, you need to have a paid developer account. $100.00 per year. There are no development police to make sure you've developed something recently or are a competent developer working on the next great blockbuster app. Good thing because some of us develop slowly. :) Or develop for a slightly different core audience, and not for the main stream or the Mac App Store.

BTW, for those with already fully working 7xxx except for the need to "sleep trick" I started a new topic to give a place to share any developments on this issue, and maybe help work towards a fix, or any other relevant cool stuff. It is not a help thread. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285756-hd-7xxx-can-we-eliminate-the-sleep-trick/

• Like 2

Technically, you need to have a paid developer account. $100.00 per year. There are no development police to make sure you've developed something recently or are a competent developer working on the next great blockbuster app. Good thing because some of us develop slowly. :) Or develop for a slightly different core audience, and not for the main stream or the Mac App Store.

BTW, for those with already fully working 7xxx except for the need to "sleep trick" I started a new topic to give a place to share any developments on this issue, and maybe help work towards a fix, or any other relevant cool stuff. It is not a help thread. http://www.insanelym...he-sleep-trick/

What eep357 said once more about his new thread:

IT IS NOT A HELP THREAD!

• Like 2

No, just wait until it goes final.

I don't mind awaiting , but I need to test n upload my clients apps to there iPads once my developers complete them. So If I purchase the IOS developer ID will I be able to receive OSX beta updates ? or do I need to purchase the Mac OSX Developer ID ?