Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@Antonuccio Sounds to me like a config issue. My 12 year old Lenovo T530 boots into Sonoma 14.4 in the same time. Enable "NoEarlyProgress" in Boot sections

Thanks, "NoEarlyProgress" enabled but it doesn't change... I'm also trying to understand what's holding up the GUI

46 minutes ago, Slice said:

Same config, same drivers, same theme etc?

Yes it's more or less the same, the theme is different between 5137 and 5157, could this influence this?

I attach config. and preboot log of 5157 if you have the desire and time take a look at it... Thanks

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-10alle17_03_00.png.76bf00fea6dacb4dc59b56e1816849b3.png

preboot+config.zip

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Antonuccio said:

Thanks, "NoEarlyProgress" enabled but it doesn't change... I'm also trying to understand what's holding up the GUI

Yes it's more or less the same, the theme is different between 5137 and 5157, could this influence this?

I attach config. and preboot log of 5157 if you have the desire and time take a look at it... Thanks

Reveal hidden contents

preboot+config.zip 19.79 kB · 1 download

Huh!

First pause 3 seconds.

0:105  0:000  Warning: Ignored memory module with slot >= SlotCount at '/SMBIOS/Memory:801'
0:105  0:000  Use CloverConfigPlistValidator or look in the log
3:105  2:999  === [ LoadUserSettings ] ========================
3:105  0:000  Cannot find smbios.plist at path '\EFI\CLOVER' : Not Found

Second pause 5 seconds!!!

3:157  0:000  Searching for invalid DiskIo BY_DRIVER connects: not found, all ok
8:154  4:997  === [ InitScreen ] ==============================

Third is your sitting in GUI during 7 seconds.

9:033  0:136  GUI ready
16:863  7:830  Boot option Boot0000 not found

Final time 

17:117  0:000  Closing log

But I have no explanation for your first two pauses. Looks like broken booted drive.

Same places in my log

0:297  0:015  Using config.plist at path: \EFI\CLOVER
0:298  0:000  === [ LoadUserSettings ] ========================
0:298  0:000  Cannot find smbios.plist at path '\EFI\CLOVER' : Not Found
0:831  0:000  Searching for invalid DiskIo BY_DRIVER connects: not found, all ok
2:958  2:126  === [ InitScreen ] ==============================

I have slow HDD with many partitions so searching DiskIO is really slow operation. Anyway only 3 sec.

I should think about excluding it.

And after disks inspection I went to GUI

7:874  0:035  GUI ready

• Like 2

Thanks , I booted from USB I have an old HDD I'll try to disable it and try again
Strange that it doesn't find Smbios and yet it's configured, I noticed it too
On the memory I also tried 2channel now it's like this 

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-10alle18_36_17.png.b7cf7dca4b9c8bac17ea305d6e95b77a.png

but I always get the error

With Rel. 5157 there is no validator or am I wrong?

If I don't define anything in Smbios > Memory it shows 24GB 😛

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-03-10alle19_05_50.png.e278433236df29fa1c3444df9f0f7f49.png

Disable the old HDD and the result does not change ... There are always those 7 seconds. which loses in seeking smbios and memory

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Slice

audiodxe still not on working state?

Also in config.plist, SMBIOS_sonoma will only work if i manually select it. It seems that AUTO does not work because after reboot, it goes back to SMBIOS. Im sure i have my nvram working.

Edited by LockDown

13 hours ago, LockDown said:

I was referring to the smbios_sonoma 

I will look again when I return home 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Most recent Github Actions  Runs all  exited with errors:

I known slice to 

Do you have any solution because the Workflow stop at the same point for all broken workflow

NASM again

image.thumb.png.0846ce9aa18e081a07099afb5fde342d.png

If you build yourself there is no issue

EDIT**

I created a new branch Workflow_test if some one with the acces would like to try to repair this workflow

First test work here

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 3

@datafeedexpert You're reporting in the CLOVER thread, but this indicates that ""Apple UEFI" shows up as the bootloader when NOT using OpenCore/Clover ".  Is this a bug in About this Hack?  Or maybe About This Hack is not recognizing the new CLOVER (because something's wrong with the new CLOVER identification)?

EDIT: Just read your response and see that CLOVER is shown in your System Profiler screenshot.  Clearly an 0XCUB version bug.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@datafeedexpert You're reporting in the CLOVER thread, but this indicates that ""Apple UEFI" shows up as the bootloader when NOT using OpenCore/Clover ".  Is this a bug in About this Hack?  Or maybe About This Hack is not recognizing the new CLOVER (because something's wrong with the new CLOVER identification)?

There is a 3 Versions of AboutThisHack 1 From matxpa 2 From Slice 3 From 0XCUB , Slice's build shows Clover as Boot Loader , 0XCUB's version shows AppleUEFI when using clover, While 0XCUB's AboutThisHack shows Opencore Versions Perfectly...

i also posted a screenshot of System Profiler where Clovers Build shows perfectly so don't worry about 0xCUB's AboutThisHack's Bug  

• Like 2