Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Marcinho said:

Hello everyone, I would like to know if anyone else is having problems with booting in version 5157. For me, since commit 00466c6 "reduce clover size" of version 5156 I have early boot hang on my z390 setup. Sorry for my English and I appreciate any help. thanks

Except that the Ta-da sound stopped playing. When I started the my hack, I didn't notice any significant problems. There is still a comical error with the display of the order of memory dims. And so, everything works fine.

Edited by MakAsus

3 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hey man! Please give me your z390 clover EFI.

He has linked his EFI folder, etc., on his GitHub page. You can download and use everything from there.

look here: https://github.com/perez987

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Newer Clover affects Windows 11 Touchpads: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/664

I was avoiding any influence of Clover on Windows. 

Exceptions:

1. Legacy computer boots Windows in legacy mode while Clover allows EFI-boot. It is the difference for Windows.

2. RadeonDeInit influences on Radeon card on hardware level.

3. HaltEnable works on hardware level.

4. USB->FixOwnership works on Hardware level.

What else?

You may switch on/off these setting to be sure if they influences on Windows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/18/2024 at 4:16 AM, cankiulascmnfye said:

Workaround for Clover: use boot-args: -no_compat_check and revpatch=sbvmm and add RestrictEvents.kext. The first one skips the board-id check, the 2nd one re-enables updates.

My idea is to use the OCLP patch conversion clover, which not only bypasses the ID, but also USB1.1 network card, etc.

• Like 1

Slice The starting sound  (Ta-Da) disappeared in Clover r5157 https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/666#issue-2088862058
In the Clover-5156 version the starting sound is working. Only the BlockSkywalk quirk is not working. Shabbat Shalom!

Edited by MakAsus
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, mariosun said:

@MakAsus

does it happen to your second rig (z690)?

internal realtek audio is USB audio? (asrock has no USB audio)

I mean my profile hack (z690), not the MacBook. The speakers are connected to the green line output (3 1/4 inch jack). But Jief_Machak seems to have already found the reason. Further tests will be carried out after Shabbat.

Edited by MakAsus

On 1/18/2024 at 10:19 PM, MakAsus said:

Except that the Ta-da sound stopped playing. When I started the my hack, I didn't notice any significant problems. There is still a comical error with the display of the order of memory dims. And so, everything works fine.

Now ta-da works.

image.png

Don't forget to set Volume 0060. Default value is zero.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Slice said:

I was avoiding any influence of Clover on Windows. 

Exceptions:

1. Legacy computer boots Windows in legacy mode while Clover allows EFI-boot. It is the difference for Windows.

2. RadeonDeInit influences on Radeon card on hardware level.

3. HaltEnable works on hardware level.

4. USB->FixOwnership works on Hardware level.

What else?

You may switch on/off these setting to be sure if they influences on Windows.

Commendable issue handling (as always).

Of course, TouchPad not working in Windows on a modern Laptop when using Clover must definitely be a user errror. Absolutely nothing wrong with Clover…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Now ta-da works.

image.png

Don't forget to set Volume 0060. Default value is zero.

Everything works fine. Thank you! It remains to solve the problem of displaying the order of dims and Clover will regain the name of the best bootloader, which it always was before. https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/660#issue-2072447025 🙂

Edited by MakAsus

On 1/19/2024 at 11:05 PM, cankiulascmnfye said:

Commendable issue handling (as always).

Of course, TouchPad not working in Windows on a modern Laptop when using Clover must definitely be a user errror. Absolutely nothing wrong with Clover…

The best bootloader for Windows is bootmgfw.efi in combination with the BIOS boot menu selection key (For me it is the F11 key). I don’t use others at all. OpenCore has a much stronger affects on Windows than Clover.

Booting Windows from Clover does not work, because the Windows bootloader is located in the EFI on another disk and hidden: Windows, windows, Microsoft, NO NAME, Unknown.
I have a rule: Don't turn it on until obviously need it. BIOS setup: Default.

And with these settings:

1. RadeonDeInit -> off.

2. ACPI -> HaltEnable -> off.

3. Boot -> Arguments -> darkwake=0 revcpu=1 cpuname,sbvmm -ctrsmt -wegnoigpu -shikioff

4. CPU -> Type -> 0x0F01

5. Audio ->  AFGLowPowerState -> on

6. Audio ->  ResetHDA -> on

7. USB -> AddClockID -> off.

8. USB -> FixOwnership -> off.

9. USB -> HighCurrent -> off.

10. USB -> Inject -> off.

11. KernelAndKextPatches -> BlockSkywalk -> on

12. RtVariables -> CsrActiveConfig -> 0x0803

All mac os futures are working including DRM playback and sleep/wake S3, except FileVault2. It is not working in Sonoma with the OCLP patch!

Edited by MakAsus
  • Haha 1

I have a suggestion to the developers: It would be nice to move CsrActiveConfig from RtVariables to SMBIOS. To use different values for different MacOS If possible (I would like to have SIP enabled in Ventura and disabled in Sonoma).

Edited by MakAsus

you can do with two different config.plist

Problem is you may have need to clean nvram value when you change OS (this also if the parameter would be in SMBios)

Edited by mariosun
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mariosun said:

you can do with two different config.plist

Problem is you may have need to clean nvram value when you change OS (this also if the parameter would be in SMBios)

How can I make the configs switch themselves depending on the OS? In case I use SMBIOS_ventura and general SMBIOS with the same value CsrActiveConfig = 0x0000, I can replace it with 0x0803 before the patch only in general SMBIOS. BlockSkywalk already OS dependent. Now the value CsrActiveConfig = 0x0803 is interferes me in Ventura.

Edited by MakAsus

recently tried to the lasted 5157 from v5156
but the changes after commit "Changes in OC" 5817644aa00228c74dbf873a43e6cff7e49ca288 (5817644) break Clover for me.
I get
1) unsupported graphics -> black screen
2) also no kexts were injected from the ESP. 

8 hours ago, MakAsus said:

How can I make the configs switch themselves depending on the OS? In case I use SMBIOS_ventura and general SMBIOS with the same value CsrActiveConfig = 0x0000, I can replace it with 0x0803 before the patch only in general SMBIOS. BlockSkywalk already OS dependent. Now the value CsrActiveConfig = 0x0803 is interferes me in Ventura.

1. You can't. You have to switch configs manually from the boot menu gui (under Options/Configs). Oh, and the system might freeze after loading the 2nd config.

2. You also have to change the CsrActiveConfig manually (under Options/System Parameters) because it's not part of the SMBIOS but RT variables. BTW: the correct value is: 0x803

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tluck said:

recently tried to the lasted 5157 from v5156
but the changes after commit "Changes in OC" 5817644aa00228c74dbf873a43e6cff7e49ca288 (5817644) break Clover for me.
I get
1) unsupported graphics -> black screen
2) also no kexts were injected from the ESP. 

Impossible. May be you are using VirtualSMC which was declared as not Clover compatible?

15 hours ago, MakAsus said:

duplicate your main config

ie

config.plist

config-1.plist

set in config.plist Sip and other values as you like ie to use it with OCLP for modern wireless Network patch

set config-1.plist with sip enabled and disabling the new sonoma kext block

the only two problems you may have could be of this type:

1)I use my second config to disable BlockSkywalk but i have the older ones  in Kext folder so i have to block also the kexts (press space bar and block kexts as you like)

2) sip value may need of a Reset Nvram (F11) to change

I have no particular freeze (maybe i am lucky)

I can use 0x803 or 0x0803 to soft disable SIP (and maybe i am lucky also in this)

:)

image.thumb.png.bd0816b5506716230659b2bfc726c7b8.png

Edited by mariosun
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mariosun said:

duplicate your main config

ie

config.plist

config-1.plist

set in config.plist Sip and other values as you like ie to use it with OCLP for modern wireless Network patch

set config-1.plist with sip enabled and disabling the new sonoma kext block

the only two problems you may have could be of this type:

1)I use my second config to disable BlockSkywalk but i have the older ones  in Kext folder so i have to block also the kexts (press space bar and block kexts as you like)

2) sip value may need of a Reset Nvram (F11) to change

I have no particular freeze (maybe i am lucky)

I can use 0x803 or 0x0803 to soft disable SIP (and maybe i am lucky also in this)

:)

image.thumb.png.bd0816b5506716230659b2bfc726c7b8.png

This is how I do it now, but I would like it to be like this (Because BlockSkywalk works in an OS higher than Ventura):

Снимок экрана 2024-01-22 в 17.08.51.jpg

Edited by MakAsus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mariosun said:

I can use 0x803 or 0x0803 to soft disable SIP

Fist of all: there is no such thing as "soft-disable". csractiveconfig is a bitmask consisting of 12 possible bits representing flags - in this case Bits 00, 01 and bit 11. Nothing "soft" about it!

Second: Clover uses BIG Endian. So the leading zero (0x) already represents the 0 you added.  You can consider yourself lucky that the additional zero is just ignored of shifting bits around!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mariosun said:

ok @MakAsus i miss your was a "features" request :)

maybe it would be more simple add a matchOS parameter for that section

By the way, yes. This may be simpler, but what if someone needs a value other than 0x0000 for an OS below Sonoma, or a value other than 0x0803 for Sonoma (for example, if they don't have WiFi)?
If I take out my Fenvi FV-HB1200, I no longer need the OSPL patch.

1 hour ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Fist of all: there is no such thing as "soft-disable". csractiveconfig is a bitmask consisting of 12 possible bits representing flags - in this case Bits 00, 01 and bit 11. Nothing "soft" about it!

Second: Clover uses BIG Endian. So the leading zero (0x) already represents the 0 you added.  You can consider yourself lucky that the additional zero is just ignored of shifting bits around!

Maybe I didn’t express myself quite correctly somewhere, I meant partial disabling of SIP. As for the values 0x803, I apparently missed when in Clover changed to BIG Endian. Made some minor fixes to the repository.

Edited by MakAsus