Patched AppleHDA.kext for codecs IDT 92HD81B1X5, 92HD91BXX, 92HD87B1/3, 92HD87B2/4, 92HD87XX etc.

Micky1979

203 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can someone help me, i begin the patch process, extracted the codec dump, make the verb, but i'm stuck with patch hda process....(Unexpected codec match count: 2 (4 expected)

Aborting with AppleHDA NOT patched)

I have an idt 92hd81 in yosemite, maybe with my files someone can finish the job? that would be awesome.

I don't know how i did, but i did=Success i attach my applehda.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here's my AppleHDA that I'm using on a Dell laptop with the IDT 92HD87b1/3.

No other kext worked so I made my own.

For Yosemite.

http://adf.ly/wEuXP

Thanks to post your work here.

if I may suggest, knowing about which motherboard works is always good.

Why?

IDT codecs that work on my mobo (is a Laptop) has this Audio controller:

dev.: 8086 1e20 sub dev.: 103c1818

8086 mean Intel
1e20 is audio controller model

103c is a subvendor (in this case HP)
1818 is the HP motherboard model.

Basically 1818 is what make me think that my patched AppleHDA.kext is working on all laptops made by HP with the same motherboards model.
This is because in different States HP sells many variations with different names of that Laptop, but if your motherboard has the same number, I think the same chip Audio is welded up there, and the codecc is the same also! 
Instead same audio codec but different motherboards may have different nodes, and then never work....

IIn the same model codec may have variations in patchMaps, Pinconfigs, an example is ALC269 (with as many variations that I've seen) I currently already correct models for ALC269 6 and there is always a different one. I think the same happens with IDT codecs.

• Like 1

Hi Mirone!! :)

Yes I think that this happen because codec is always the same (ok revision is important), but manufacturers simply does not use all available inputs and outputs, ie devices (speaker/mic/etc) are simply not connected to the same Node(s) in differents hardware or manufacturers... The codec itself is identical.

Do you agree?

• 3 weeks later...

New to the forum and stuck at the graphviz as they appear not to be supported for yosemite. Attached is a copy of the codec dump.

It's preventing me from continuing past the steps below in order to get the pinconfig.reg.

./convert_hex_to_dec.rb codec_dump.txt.svg > ~/Desktop/codecgraph/codec_dump_dec.txt.svg

then *(wait trouble!!!....plese check this first)

codec_dump.txt

Any help would be appreciated.

codec_dump.txt

Any thoughts??

I was really losing time to patch your codec, when I realized that it is already included in Pandora:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302220-pandoras-box-20-candidate-3-roll-out/

Specific for Yosemite 10.10.2 is here:AppleHDA-269.25-IDT92HD93BXX_.zip

THX to Mirone (Author)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

micky hello, I have a problem with IDT audio 92HD90BXX

although I did patch applehda complete but I have some hope you correct the error after fears:

- On player automatically lose
- Do not switch between headphones and speaker

The guide was intended as an example on how to, but I hope not copied everything as in my codec (which was an example). Same codec on different motherboards may use different nodes.

BTW have you look if Mirone already has done some prepatched kext for your codec?

• Like 1

toleda use same "Audio Output" for speaker & headphone in pathmaps

Pin Complex -> Audio Mixer -> Audio Output

20 -> 12 -> 2 // speaker
27 -> 12 -> 2 // headphone

while mirone use original from codec dump for headphone

27 -> 38 -> 37 // headphone

• 2 months later...

Guy's,

Im trying to patch AppleHDA for a IDT92HD73E1X5 (0x111d7676) Codec. I have attacked the verbs, codec dump and Layout and Platform files.

I am currently just trying to get the headphones working so everything is stripped out. Can someone show me the error of my ways. Ive waisted 8 hours already!

Cheers,

ian.

Insaine.zip

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

when i path had, revice a bad message,like this

IDT 76e0
Patching AppleHDA codec 11d4198b with 111d76e0
2 codec range comparison(s) to patch
Patching range comparison 11d41983
Patching range comparison 11d41984
Unexpected codec match count: 2 (4 expected)
Aborting with AppleHDA NOT patched

my os version is 10.13