Patched AppleHDA.kext for codecs IDT 92HD81B1X5, 92HD91BXX, 92HD87B1/3, 92HD87B2/4, 92HD87XX etc.

Micky1979

203 posts in this topic

Hello TheEnthusiast! Thanks a lot for patching AppleHDA for IDT92HD87B1/3, I finally got the external mic (line in) working which was the #1 bug for my HP Probook 4530s!!

However, the internal mic isn't even listed in the Input section of the sound preferences. (and it was working before, I was using the kext supplied with HP ProBook Installer)

Is there anything I can do to help you figure it out and, if you could, fix it?

The thing is: I haven't done anything *manually* regarding AppleHDA or sound in general, previously all it took was to patch DSDT and install necessary pre-patched kexts using the HP ProBook Installer.

Here's the kext I was using before: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6z62pga2qgzj5ec/JXTjZ0riR0 (again: this one has internal mic working, external mic detected but not working).

If there's anything in particular that I can do, just let me know.

Thanks.

Excellent. I'll generate a specific version for your system and we'll see if it works. 

Also, I have provided information about the fix here: 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290167-patched-applehda-for-idt92hd87b13/

More updates to be added. 

@Andrek, I have your codec dump and looking at your path map, I can see why something did not work. Your external mic's node is 12, which for me is int mic. That explains why my first kext fixed your Extmic. The system registered it as external mic, so a slight modification of the original ket should work for you. Yes it takes a while in case you were wondering.  :lol:

• Like 1

General output audio works as intended, volume level while using the internal speakers is saved/restored. There's no input whatsoever, though. No internal mic (near the camera) and no external (line-in).

The first one's (older) got "No output devices found" and "No input devices found". No sound whatsoever.

Going for the second one...

The second one (newer) has output working as intended and regarding input:

there's one device called Internal microphone (type "built in") and it's a internal mic (near camera) indeed - and it's working, however plugging a line in ext mic does nothing, the input audio is still captured by the internal mic.

OK, I'm narrowing it down to pin config related to mic/ext mic as well as MuteGPIO values. This would explain why it picked up internal mic node as ext mic when using my original kext. At this point, I'm guessing there has to be some change regarding pinconfig. Unfortunately, I'm not too knowledgeable about pinconfigs yet. I'll provide two more kexts shortly. If those don't work, Micky1979 may have more insight or I'll look at a kext with a similar path math.  

• Like 1

#3 - No output and input devices. No sound at all.

I'll update this when I'll get the fourth one.

But most importantly, thank you for spending time figuring this out!

edit: 4th - same, no output/input devices. I'll take a look at those dumps. Thanks again!

@Micky1979 or anyone willing to help - here's a zip package of the necessary files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uej6qpfcg9pmbdp/IDT_92HD87B13_hp4530s.zip

Also - courtesy of TheEnthusiast - pinconfig: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2eddw4fabe576w/Pinconfig-HP4530s.rtf

(I hope it's okay I share it?)

I'll give it a shot myself but, as they say, two heads are better than one. :)

• Like 1

This is what I was referring to earlier. It takes time especially since I don't have your hardware with me. Also, remember that it took me two full days to fully figure out what configuration I needed. This has just been a few hours. I was mainly trying to narrow down what should work by sending you kexts that I knew wouldn't work because of the difference in hardware. Create a range so to speak, not the most time efficient method, but it beats guessing. I'll send you something else when I experiment again. :thumbsup_anim:

Also, keep the two kexts that gave audio in/out and use those as bases for modification.

The first one's (older) got "No output devices found" and "No input devices found". No sound whatsoever.

Going for the second one...

The second one (newer) has output working as intended and regarding input:

there's one device called Internal microphone (type "built in") and it's a internal mic (near camera) indeed - and it's working, however plugging a line in ext mic does nothing, the input audio is still captured by the internal mic.

It is possible to send me the second version? I was looking for web cam mic working. I could switch to version with external Mic (Patched AppleHDA.kext IDT92HD87B1/3) when needed, but by default would like to use web can one.

I spent a few hours experimenting, may be it would help to see the difference between the two. 

Hi Micky, I tried follow this guide for my ALC883 chipset. And I'm getting these assertions,

Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 4157

Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 1207

Any idea where I might gone wrong with my patching?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Patch it with Pandora, but be sure that you have original AppleHDA.kext in your S/L/E.

Check your HPET section into the DSDT or delete AppleHPET.kext (make a backup first), if you don't have one....and reboot

Micky