Best laptop for Osx86

16 posts in this topic

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
the best i found after test a few was the hp9000 intel core2 series with 256mb video card ,2hdds ,under jas 1048 and 10410and uphuck version of osx.refer xbench

thanks for not being sacastic.

I saw a few posts about the hp9000 series. I'll give it a try. If it works my company will buy tons of Mac software licences so everyone is a winner!

I really like Asus and Benq laptops tho... Any sucess stories?

PS: my company provided me an Acer 5540 2 years ago with little compatibility with OSX but I still enjoy it.

Edit: emmm I just saw those laptops seem tp be turions. I would like hardware close to the macbook pro.

• 1 month later...

The Asus f3JC I'm running supports OSx86 fairly well, but, its doesn't have any sound or wireless internet. I'm hoping someone will hook us up with a kext that works and supports the intel pro/ve 3495 wireless card. Until then, this laptop operates acceptably under osx (although, I tried to update using apple updating software, and it crashed the OS - had to reinstall because every time I rebooted it told me to reboot. :) )

If you are buying them for a company, then you have to remember that even if you buy a license of OS X it is still illegal to run it on non-apple machines! There isn't a way to put OS X on a non-apple computer 100% legally!

If it is for a company and you want macs...get real macs, if it is for you...then it is diffrent.

Just wanted to inform you

• 2 months later...

I've got a gateway MX6920 that seems to run OSX86 verry well... you gotta patch the sound and modifiy the eathernet kext to get sound and nic working, the only thing that I had to buy outside was the wireless. I specifically went to a macmall and bought a airport extreme card to get the wifi working. Once that was done I bascially have a fully funcitonal mac ( aside from not being able to do automatic updates ). But the stabliity seems to be great and all software installs and stuff seem to work 100%.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...