AppleHDA patching in Mountain Lion

nyolc8

239 posts in this topic

@Micky, in my case, Lion AppleHDA is working fine in ML but it messes up the UseKernelCache=No load thus why i wanted to get the ML drivers patched.

HDAInject isn't working in my case, could be because of the DSDT or Clover is just force injecting the hda id instead of what i chose to inject.

You can post your working AppleHDA 10.7.4 version?

......for curiosity ...... :construction:

Here it is, inject layout id 665.

Hey, DoiX, care to try this one for ML? Has been put together by 04152viki over at applelife. Layout has to be set as 65.

I believe you also have an XPS L502x ?

Original post: AppleHDA from Mountain Lion

Also post number £495 from the linked thread describes how to get rid of most assertion errors for this codec...

@TimeWalker, tested it, does not work. For the moment only layout id 88 is working, hell if i know what gives. I saw in the thread something about no sound after sleep. But i'm not sure what it was said, google translate says "demons and tumours" :D

DoiX,

Thats really odd, considering the hardware is the same.

The "no sound after sleep" issue is related to EAPD (External Amplifier Power Down) for some codecs, like my ALC269 and ALC665, used on Dells mostly.

For you laptop the amplifier is located at node 0x15 according to 04152viki.It doesn't get enabled after sleep therefore we loose audio ... so in a nutshell we have to send a verb command to the chip, to re-connect the EPAD pin and send a command to the codec to reenable the speakers (node 0x15 for you?) thereafter.

On boot we do it by adding an extra entry to a pinconfig of a speaker node 01470C02

02 - EAPD Status Update

70C - Extra Verb Base?

14 - Speaker Node (for you it would be 15 I guess)

0 - Codec Number

When power state changes however, this verb command is not executed, therefore we loose audio.

I dont see how layout number can affect your codec. In theory (and I had tested a couple of layouts already) you can use any layout number from resources.

Thanks, i did as you said. Guess what, it doesn't work. I swear this laptop has it's own personality.

Actually, i just realized something. My DSDT is modded to power off the nvidia card since it's not usable. At the beginning this caused some problems (sleep, usb compatibility) but i ironed out the bugs in the end or so i've thought. It's possible it still affects to some degree the system and ML is too sensitive to those changes.

Edited by DoiX

I have tried to correct the applehda Mountain Lion for ALC887 codec but I have achieved I know I have to use a layout and vanilla pathmaps can only go 0-4? where I could be wrong? and q should be fixed in the binary from what I saw changed many things.

TimeWalker75a could instruct me how I should fix the binary that works for me Applehda use ALC887 wonder what should I replace occurrences in binary and also what codec should I replace for my ALC887. thank you! :help:

I own an Acer Aspire 5920G, Ubuntu shows ALC1200. Even from Windows I see the same:

bildschirmfoto20120824u.png

Now I got the PinConfig from Windows and applied them into my DSDT but the HDA does not get loaded but shows as device ID 12.

I tried the ICHx suggested method from here too, but no success. Seems like a bin patch is missing or something.

Any ideas?

codec_dump.txt.zip

5920G-ORG.DSL.zip

lsdump-n.txt.zip

lsdump-nnv.txt.zip

lspci-nnvvxxx.txt

DSDT.aml.zip

I own an Acer Aspire 5920G, Ubuntu shows ALC1200. Even from Windows I see the same:

bildschirmfoto20120824u.png

Now I got the PinConfig from Windows and applied them into my DSDT but the HDA does not get loaded but shows as device ID 12.

I tried the ICHx suggested method from here too, but no success. Seems like a bin patch is missing or something.

Any ideas?

Please try this kext and tells me if it worked for you.

Change your Layout Id HDEF in your DSDT patch for 1200 there is an attached file.

AppleHDA ALC1200 (Test).zip

i posted in another thread, but anyways.. does anyone have audio working with ad2000b in 10.8.1? I lost audio when I updated and haven't been able to get it back since. (my motherboard is an asus p6t deluxe v2)

i posted in another thread, but anyways.. does anyone have audio working with ad2000b in 10.8.1? I lost audio when I updated and haven't been able to get it back since. (my motherboard is an asus p6t deluxe v2)

Hi Dojomann,

the 10.8.1 update does not contain an AppleHDA.kext, so it should not be changed ; )

please post your DSDT.

Thanks, after the DSDT mod I see ID 0 now, still no sound.

Supramac hello, you must have done something wrong with the relationship you have dsdt was for 1200 and not 0 layout try again and tell me if something happens.

Note: This is a Lion Kext if everything is going well so modify it to Mountain Lion.... :)

Supramac hello, you must have done something wrong with the relationship you have dsdt was for 1200 and not 0 layout try again and tell me if something happens.

Note: This is a Lion Kext if everything is going well so modify it to Mountain Lion.... :)

Hi mirone23,

I replaced the section _DSM like described, now I don't know why it shows ID 0 and it looks like that:

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
			Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
				DCKA,   1,
				Offset (0x01),
				DCKM,   1,
					,   6,
				DCKS,   1,
				Offset (0x08),
					,   15,
				PMES,   1
			}
   		 Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0D,
				0x03
			})
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x0C)
					{
						"built-in",
						Buffer (One)
						{
							 0x00
						},
						"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							 0xB0, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00
						},
						"PinConfigurations",
						Buffer (One)
 					   {
							 0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

but anyway I was very shure ID 12 = ALC1200 would be:

"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						},

Am I wrong?

Hi mirone23,

I replaced the section _DSM like described, now I don't know why it shows ID 0 and it looks like that:

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
			Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
				DCKA,   1,
				Offset (0x01),
				DCKM,   1,
					,   6,
				DCKS,   1,
				Offset (0x08),
					,   15,
				PMES,   1
			}
   		 Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0D,
				0x03
			})
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x0C)
					{
						"built-in",
						Buffer (One)
						{
							 0x00
						},
						"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							 0xB0, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00
						},
						"PinConfigurations",
						Buffer (One)
 					   {
							 0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

but anyway I was very shure ID 12 = ALC1200 would be:

"layout-id",
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						},

Am I wrong?

Hi supramac, I'll review the values ​​and step later if you fix something.

kext that worked for you SupraMac?

No, sorry, as I applied the DSDT / _DSM you attached in HDEF it shows NO ID in the system panel now, it's frustrating with this laptop.

The aggravation started at the setup, cause I had to replace the IOPCIFamiliy.kext with the one from netkas's site.

Maybe all the trouble is caused by this kext :hammer: but thanks for your effort.

Hello

I'm have problem in Mountain Lion with sound on ALC888 in EP41-UD3L and not run audio 5.1. Only 2 channel works - screen photo file I add to this post. Now use this file

https://www.dropbox....pleHDA.kext.zip

In Lion, my sound was working perfectly using only AppleHDA + Plataform.xml + layout888.xml all added with HDA Wizard (link to this files:)

https://www.dropbox....0y9u/alc888.zip

I test more metod:

For Mountain Lion I make this (and not works for me - is't audio):

post_offline.pngVCH888

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

You need to rename layout888.xml to layout12.xml and edit inside layout12.xml to be as following

<key>LayoutID</key>

<integer>12</integer>

get perl script from zlib.pl.zip (by Revogirl, R.I.P.)

(compress)

perl zlib.pl deflate layout12.xml > layout12.xml.zlib

also;

perl zlib.pl deflate Platforms.xml > Platforms.xml.zlib

copy *.xml.zlib to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/

------------------

------------------

And link to oryginal (not patched) AppleHDA.kext for Mountain Lion :

https://www.dropbox....z%20ML%20GM.zip

Please help me. Thanks.

post-656404-0-18053700-1346574543_thumb.jpg

Hello there,

I have the following audio in my Dell e6520 "IDT 92HD75B3" and was wondering how to get audio working. Is it correct to state that to get it working in Mountain Lion, I need to simply use the installer posted by Bcc9 in post #4 in this thread or there to be done before I can get my audio working. I am still trying to wrap my head around audio kext patching.

How do I find my layout and the things that you guys talk about in this thread. Please bear with me as I am new.

Please point me to the proper set of steps to take to get my audio working.

I have extracted my codec dump from Ubuntu live CD for easy reference. First file is for IDT onboard card and the second one is for HDMI audio on my nVidia NVS4200M card.

I have just managed to get my internal speakers to work with my IDT 92HD90BXX card, but I don't know whether it is correctly done or not? Could you please take a look and let me know how best to improve it?

The only other question remaining for me now is to make the onboard nVidia NVS 4200M HDMI audio work and I really hope bcc9 or some of you experienced guys will help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

codec_dump.txt

codec_dump#2.txt

post-525071-0-05377300-1346653283_thumb.png

Hello

I'm have problem in Mountain Lion with sound on ALC888 in EP41-UD3L and not run audio 5.1. Only 2 channel works - screen photo file I add to this post. Now use this file

https://www.dropbox....pleHDA.kext.zip

In Lion, my sound was working perfectly using only AppleHDA + Plataform.xml + layout888.xml all added with HDA Wizard (link to this files:)

https://www.dropbox....0y9u/alc888.zip

I test more metod:

For Mountain Lion I make this (and not works for me - is't audio):

post_offline.pngVCH888

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

You need to rename layout888.xml to layout12.xml and edit inside layout12.xml to be as following

<key>LayoutID</key>

<integer>12</integer>

get perl script from zlib.pl.zip (by Revogirl, R.I.P.)

(compress)

perl zlib.pl deflate layout12.xml > layout12.xml.zlib

also;

perl zlib.pl deflate Platforms.xml > Platforms.xml.zlib

copy *.xml.zlib to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/

------------------

------------------

And link to oryginal (not patched) AppleHDA.kext for Mountain Lion :

https://www.dropbox....z%20ML%20GM.zip

Please help me. Thanks.

The above link is a an old kext (ver. 2.2) for ALC888/1200. What works for me after a wrestling with most patching scripts to no success, other than using old patched kexts, is adding 2 layout888.xml, platform.xml, and HDEnable.kext (inserted inside /PlugIns) to ML AppleHDA ver. 2.3.0. Open it up and see added items in orange and green hightlights.

But for 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext version 2.3.1, there's absence of resource folder in which layout.xml and platform.xml go so I don't know if this method will work anymore. I got to try it and get back on this topic later.