Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

you have way better options than unicrap. check pandora, vietnam tool. there are many ways to do without using crappy stolen sw.

Hackintosh Vietnam is pretty awesome and has way more options than you-know-what... It also has much better descriptions of what each thing installs and what it's for. Apple's official method of createinstallmedia along with Clover I think is the easiest way to make an installer, for me personally at least - Especially because you get a recovery partition with that method.

• Like 1

Yeah for Newbie USB Drive creation use Pandoras Box/MacPwn/MyHack (Myhacks dead, no yosemite support :) ),

For Post Installation use Hackintosh Vietman,

And for boot DVDs/CDs clover iso/Chameleon ISO

'Cuase Tonymuck, MacMuck, ModMuck, iMuck, Unimuck, and MultiMuck MultiSuck :P .

I can`t get this.Is it very hard to do or make an "manual installer". There are almost 100++ guides how to make that happened for newbie/pro.

And Do we really need to use Tmx`s cr@p tools.I think not but do you ??

The other hand Tmx topic is here for "always make fun of him" :hysterical:

• Like 1

I prefer to use manual installer creation/pandoras box because Macmuck's tools MultiSuck :P .

After visiting Stop Forum Spam, I know exactly how scumbag the tonymacx86 moderators are now. They not only banned me, but added my IP and email addresses into the above database. A search for the username I'm currently using, 'SRSR333', quickly shows 2 hits. Furthermore, several other forums use this database to block spammers (obviously, I'm not an automated bot, nor am I a link-user), and as a result, I cannot sign on to places like AVSim which happens to be very anti-spammer (yes, I run flight sims, namely, X-Plane 10).

This is bloody annoying. I wish I had the technical expertise to orchestrate a DDoS attack on the tmx86 servers, but I don't... Screw them up the a*se.

Creapy and annoying. Boy I don't want to get banned from tonymac becaus I could get banned from other places so I'll go ninja :P:ph34r:

After visiting Stop Forum Spam, I know exactly how scumbag the tonymacx86 moderators are now. They not only banned me, but added my IP and email addresses into the above database. A search for the username I'm currently using, 'SRSR333', quickly shows 2 hits. Furthermore, several other forums use this database to block spammers (obviously, I'm not an automated bot, nor am I a link-user), and as a result, I cannot sign on to places like AVSim which happens to be very anti-spammer (yes, I run flight sims, namely, X-Plane 10).

This is bloody annoying. I wish I had the technical expertise to orchestrate a DDoS attack on the tmx86 servers, but I don't... Screw them up the a*se.

Are you absolutely sure that it was him that added you to that list? And obviously, you didn't actually spam the forums or make multiple accounts, right?

If the answers to those questions are yes and no respectivally, then that sort of conduct warrents some further action IMO. Contact those guys at Stop Spam and explain the situation as a first step. DDos is out of the question, it's illegal in some countries and it takes a lot of people to orgistrte regardless, but there are other options avliable. Use your immgnation... :whistle:

Are you absolutely sure that it was him that added you to that list?

I'm positive that it was him. For example, I've only ever used the username 'Scramjet' on the tonymacx86 forums, and that user is linked to my Outlook email address. Both are in the Stop Forum Spam database.

And obviously, you didn't actually spam the forums or make multiple accounts, right?

Not simultaneously, no. I created new accounts after my old ones were banned. Three accounts total.

If the answers to those questions are yes and no respectivally, then that sort of conduct warrents some further action IMO. Contact those guys at Stop Spam and explain the situation as a first step. DDos is out of the question, it's illegal in some countries and it takes a lot of people to orchestrate regardless, but there are other options available. Use your imagination... :whistle:

Not sure...

As a side note, does anyone know how to change public IP addresses, given that mine is dynamic? Thanks...

• 1 month later...

That is because we are not after money. We want people to be able to install OS X on their PCs.

True, we prefer retail, but I have always refused to forbid distros. When tonymac says that using distros is piracy, he is a big hypocrite.

Whatever method you use, if you buy a copy of OS X from Apple, you are not committing a criminal offence. You are in breach of EULA, which is a private contract between Apple and you.

Of course tony doesn't like distros, because they are so easy nowadays that even a child could install them. Well, that would destroy his business, of course.

People are desperate for a decent OS. That isn't Windows 8 (or any other version of Windows for that matter), nor Linux with so many problems (don't believe me? Try Fedora 18), but for many it is OS X.

Ideally, you'd buy a Mac. But many can't afford it, don't want to spend the money or simply like a challenge.

well said!

:clap:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I just did both of the beginners quizzes just to post on this topic-

Yeah I asked for help on tonymac today, and a guy named Rehabman was kind enough to respond moments later!

He asked to add my sys details in a signature, after doing so I was banned for some kind of piracy....(probably because I wrote that the boot loader was Niresh, and as if NIRESH condones piracy, the site on tonymac probably never heard of Apples opinion to installing OSX on stranger hardware.....).

Kinda sucks, I would really have loved help in that specific topic.

• Like 3

Yeah I asked for help on tonymac today, and a guy named Rehabman was kind enough to respond moments later!

He asked to add my sys details in a signature, after doing so I was banned for some kind of piracy....(probably because I wrote that the boot loader was Niresh, and as if NIRESH condones piracy, the site on tonymac probably never heard of Apples opinion to installing OSX on stranger hardware.....).

Post your question on this site, Rehabman is here too

Woow.... I Got suspended from tonymac without proper reason. I am always trying to help others to clear their issue with maximum right solutions. I don't know why they suspended me.. And the big comedy is the reason for suspension.. "Disregarding Forum Rules and Policies by responding to posters using distributions or pirated versions of OS X.". Till now i had not postes any thing regarding the pirate version OS X.

Back when OS X releases were not free (i.e. Mountain Lion and earlier), Niresh and similar packages like iAtkos were (still are) called distros, and packaged the OS X installer and several drivers, mods, and other not-very-friendly and unnecessary patches and hacks into a "convenient" single file that you just had to unpack into a USB drive, boot, install and get going.

This was, in essence, piracy as a paid-for software was modified and re-distributed for free, and thus follows one of tonymacx86's more sane, less authoritarian rules: distros are piracy, and anyone using or discussing using them will be banned. If I understand correctly, users here are also strongly discouraged from using a distro and anyone found using it are warned by mods, and subsequent mentions could result in a suspension or ban (moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong). Mere discussion about their existence, function and history is allowed and perfectly alright.

Although OS X is now free, distros still have that air of piracy about them as they can typically only be found at BitTorrent sites like TPB and KAT. It's one short step from an automated USB creator tool ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) to an automated installer, to a pirated distro. Furthermore, they modify the OS X base which technically isn't allowed. Manually created installer drives merely unpack the official app into the drive and add a bootloader.

I recommend you clean out your drive and install OS X manually, using pokenguyen's excellent guides here. Don't use distros, please.

• Like 1

If I understand correctly, users here are also strongly discouraged from using a distro and anyone found using it are warned by mods, and subsequent mentions could result in a suspension or ban (moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong). Mere discussion about their existence, function and history is allowed and perfectly alright.

Only users mentioning paid distros, like iATKOS M and Y are acting against the forum rules. I have always resisted the call to ban distros. Users should be left free to have as much choice as they wish. I believe that calling distros "piracy" and other methods not is hypocrisy. Whatever you do you are in breach of EULA, But if you own a legitimate copy of OS X  you can't call it "piracy"

• Like 3

...Whatever you do you are in breach of EULA, But if you own a legitimate copy of OS X  you can't call it "piracy"

That's exactly what I'm saying - the only way to own a 'legitimate' copy of OS X is through the App Store. Hence distros aren't legit, are they? But I get your point - whatever we do, if we're installing OS X on a non-Apple-branded machine, it's in breach of the EULA, so it doesn't really matter. 

What really made me sick when i got banned from Tonymac (because i mentioned a dev preview of Mavericks in my post) is that they removed all my posts/threads as well from their forum (which were helping a lot of people there).

They could at least leave my threads as made by 'Anonymous' or whatever i don't care, but please keep the original purpose of your website, which is helping people achieve a functional hackintosh and understand the how-to.

My 2 cents.

What really made me sick when i got banned from Tonymac (because i mentioned a dev preview of Mavericks in my post) is that they removed all my posts/threads as well from their forum (which were helping a lot of people there).

They could at least leave my threads as made by 'Anonymous' or whatever i don't care, but please keep the original purpose of your website, which is helping people achieve a functional hackintosh and understand the how-to.

My 2 cents.

Meh, happened to me too. I wrote three guides. I was banned for reasons unknown and they deleted everything. I seriously want to DDoS their servers but I don't have the know-how.