Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi guys I have been doing this way to long..

So much so that I had new  apple 2 and then a new Lisa, left computers alone nearly for 10  years

Got a mac with a Winchester HDD (40MB)  and networked it in about '91.

went to the darkside and became involved in windows for about 12 years got  bored and came back to mac about 8 years ago

Senility is creeping up on me so i find myself in a reverse paradox

My own memory is obviously failing :(  but my machine memory keeps growing.

Currently have with my wife and son 1x MBA 2012 13" i7 8gb and 1 MBA 13 2013 i7 8gb

then 2 MBA 11" i7 2013, and 2 MBA 11 i7 2015 all with 8Gb

Finally got a Macbook pro 13 2017  2.3 really nice but USB c port is a drag!

Have taken the plunge and put HS 10.13 on all my machines in the last 3 months

which brings me to why I"m here....

Just bought Samsung 960 pro 2tb for MBA i7 2015 tried the Sintech adapter worked ok for about a week

with ok ish reliability and pcie 2.0 x4. Read and Write about 1500 MBs

Link width and performance suddenly dropped to pcie 2.0 x2 reliability was good...though

Stuck windows on the same ssd in bootcamp and found it to be incredibly reliable and stable.so i got another adapter

Change adapters for the generic got, my pcie 2.0 x4 back again, and speed is great

Windows side flawless, sleep wake no problems, samsung magician says all ok, and speeds creeping up over 1600 +

mac side okish periodically loses disk on reboot and has sleep problems

Obviously disabled sleep and hibernation where i could .

so I found this great site whilst looking for a solution

It occurs to me the problem is not about sleep at all and could be more linked to waking up

story of my life cant sleep cant wake up! :P

Hello Everyone , UvGhost here,,,, I am old and experienced user of windows but totally new to Mac OS ,,just moved from my old AMD pc to Intel Based PC ,

my PC's current Specs is :- Asus H110M-CS , Pentium G4560 + iGPU,Zotac 8400 GS 1GB ddr3(got for almost free), 8 GB 2400 mhz Single RAM + 3 HDD (2 ,3.5 inch and one 2.5 inch) ,will move to ssd soon

currently now i am researching for Building Hackintosh and thinking to BUY GTX 650 1GB model from Aliexpress ,as my budget not allowed more then its price...

if you know anyone who successfully installed Mac os on G4560 ,,specs like me..then please message me!!! :)  

PS ; i am an experienced user of other forums like mdl, etc .

Hello everyone my name is Ryan and I come from the United States of America.

I am Currently a windows user but am Knowledgeable in the world of OSX

I also use Samsung Galaxy S8 but have had the an IPhone in the past so i am experienced with the IOS operating system as well.

If you have any other questions about me please feel free to drop a reply down below or Private message me.

Also I am a Flight Simulation Guru and know my way around Xplane 9,10, 11 for those who would  like to join the every growing flight simulation Community.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all; am Bart; already some time on this board but never introduced myself.

Compliments on all the workers and helpful people; just purchased a HP 9470m after a dell 6410 (which works great).

Am looking forward to start on it when it arrives :-)

Cheers from Holland !

Hi, I'm Dennis Simmons and I'm new to this group but not to this kind of industry. After looking for gaming chairs in Neufur, I've turned to look for the best part of Mac products before purchasing it that could perfectly fit my first hobby. I'm looking forward to knowing much more from this platform along with the many inventors and developers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Harry Trent here. Been away for a long time but logged on a bit ago after being temporarily banned from tonymacx86. Something about not listing system components in my Signature. I'm kind of blown away about it because I did have my system component outline in my Sig. For some reason it must not be done according to the right format or something. Banned until tomorrow so I can't find out anything more specific until then. I started a thread about it.

Anyway, I spend a lot of time over at Overclockers.com and like to tinker with Hackintosh's now and then. High Sierra's debut spawned a new round of tinkering. 

I'm sort of  retired. Was a career hospital chaplain but since retiring I started a computer repair business out of my home. It was always a serious hobby.

Live in a small town in southwest Washing state.

Hello there, just joined today.  I'm an expert (just ask me ^_^ ) all-round computer software engineer and hardware hacker looking to build out my first Hackintosh because Apple has abandoned my operational demographic.  Especially true when I'm operating operationally. 

My target Hackintosh build idea is ITX sized, 32GB and some sort of i7 7700K or 8700K and good enough graphics to run a couple screens at once. 280ish?  1060ish?  (I was getting the crazy idea of using one of those Bitfenix Portal cases for it, and working in a Raspberry Pi inside it  and have it run some sort of portal turret effects based on some custom IO programming ... just to have a cool project to hack around with for fun ... )

Currently I'm still rockin' what I like to call one of the Last of the V8 Interceptors of computerdom - a 2011 17" Macbook Pro, BTO with 16GB, 2.5GHZ i7, dual internal SSD's and I even put a USB 3 card in the expansion slot.  Back when computers had a certain ... heft .. to them.

Minor tweaking geek-brag:  I have built several of my own monitors out of eBay display drivers, and junked 16:10 17" monitors so I could put 17" 1920x1200 LCD replacement panels inside - to sit at the same level horizontally next to my laptop, which is on a slight riser stand.  No one builds desktop 17" monitor at that resolution matching the 17" Macbook Pro.

Looking forward to learning a lot here and eventually even helping out based on my own experiences.

Thanks.