macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

yup whats the problem ?

I wrote this a page back,

Can someone please help me ?

I think I've made a huge mistake... I wanted to restart my OSX but shut it down with a hard reset... (dumb me)

Now, chameleon doesn't show the Lion partition any longer. From windows I can see that there is a huge problem going on...

On the Lion Hard drive there are about 10-20 folders called MSI360XX.tmp where XX can be replaced with letters and numbers also some are MSIa68XX.tmp and MSIa69XX.tmp...

I can open some folders, but as an example "System" can't be opened and says "System isn't accessible, the folder or repertory might be endamaged or unreadable"

Now, I think things are pretty messed up... Is there at least a way to just reinstall the system without loosing my personal data ? (I can't access "users" folder, same error)

Please help me :(

Hoping you can help me with this,

Thank you very much !

Doix: any chance You could put all your files from package in seperate zip without install package? in case someone like me would like to compare Yours with macky's or smth..

Thanks!

Download pacifist :) it allows you to browse .pkg's. Anyway, where it says "l702x" means it's the same with the ones from macky.... we don't actually have a variety of files we can use... anything that is specific (i.e sound, trackpad) will be the same, then there are the generic files (battery, lan, fakesmc, sensors). Get it?

I don't event get why after updating to 10.7.4 I have to delete Voodoo Battery? :) (UPDATE: probably because we install AppleSmartBatteryManager aftewards?) Why theres no "delete Voodoobattery.kext" now in a first page after guide update?

Generic = same = common?

Also why after I install Chameleon 2.1, reboot, it still shows Chameleon 2.0 at system preferences?

God, it changed so much in past couple years.. Its hard to keep it up with other guys, especially when you do big breaks from hacking.. :)

I don't know why "there's no delete voodoobattery.kext" although it's logical that one must be deleted to not conflict with the other.

Generic = "characteristic of or relating to a class or group of things; not specific:" (first time i ever used the right click dictionary :D ) anyway, yes.. common, for a wide range of products.

Because it's still chameleon 2, like 10.7.4 is still OS X ( X = 10 ) bust most likely no one bothered to update the preferences pane because few people uses, imo.

I see theres VoodooBattery.kext in new package by macky, so is it better then AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext or what? :]

macky: theres 5 thunderbolt kexts and i cant find ACard62xxM.kext or any other, just Accusys6xxxx.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, AppleHDA.kext, (from first text line)

theres 7 ATTO kexts

most of kexts numbers you written are actually bigger...

its actually IOAudio2Family.kext..

wont we have to replace .plist files again after installing chameleon? It replaces them.

GOD I hate that click noise every few seconds from subwoofer. Anyone has the same problem?

And also im trying to fully update 10.7.4. will see what happens...

@ Mamas

AppleSmartBattery is laggy, so i felt voodoo is better.

Regarding the number of unnecessary kexts, i have taken into account all permutations and combinations, if someone differs with the customization they may see these kexts, so i have listed out all unnecessary kexts which are useless for our XPS systems.

More or less my kexts and doix kexts are same, we all get them from osx86 community developers. Thats the reason why i mentioned that u can choose either mine or doix package. If u prefer installing kexts manually go with my kexts archive or if u want automatic installation with a gui prefer Doix package.

But i have made few changes in org.chameleon.boot.plist to the best of my knowledge, i might be wrong but thats the only area which seems to be differing from doix package.

And regarding those noises or sounds from subwoofer, we need to live with that unless & until someone writes a better kext, i guess all XPS users have those noises.

@ Deadsmile

if u have ur iatkos l2 bootable usb or iatkos l2 dvd boot from it and select ur lion partition and at boot prompt use -x ( safe boot). if its still not working, again boot iatkos l2 media all the way up and use diskutility to repair or fix any permissions to the lion partition, if still the same result then just go for a fresh install.

About AppleSmartBattery, funny thing is that it was laggy on my system as well, but after a time i stopped being laggy... weird.

"

And regarding those noises or sounds from subwoofer, we need to live with that unless & until someone writes a better kext, i guess all XPS users have those noises." There's a fix for this, it involves mangling a plist file from AppleHDA.kext or one of the Plugins from AppleHDA/PlugIns folder... i don't remember. Check the AppleHDA that is for l502x from my package and compare the size of the plist files to see which one is it, or search inside the l502x thread "subwoofer" you will find it there.

@ doix

well i actually tried ur l502x AppleHDA kext, i didnt find any difference, even it doesnt solve subwoofer problem on my l702x but i still remember their was another kext from ur package modified by some other member i cant remember his name has solved subwoofer noises problem but sound doesn't work after wake

@ Mamas

if u want to eliminate those subwoofer problems just install that particular kext from doix package, but as said sound doesnt work after wake. So if ur a person who doesn't use sleep function go ahead and install the kext from doix package.

Update:

check the attachment its free from subwoofer noise problems but doesn't work after wake.

cheers

AppleHDA.zip

Well, I have A17 BIOS so theres no sleep anyway :)

Ok, i installed those kexts with kext utility, then deleted cashe file (do i need to delete only ONE "kernelcashe" file, not all in that dir?), and then ran kext utility couple times, still have clicks from subwoofer... What am I doing wrong? (same click problem after installing those kext from pkg)

BTW current update works fine. I updated everything now. Just had to update iTunes separatelly. (I did reinstall all System kexts after update just to be sure, but it booted fine after update).

Also is there any way to check if all those SSDT SSDT-1, SSDT-2.... work? How do I check CPU rates? all that?

UPDATE: im running GeekBench, I can see the multiplier changing to various numbers, does that mean ALL SSDT's work? Also sometimes CPU temp goes over 72 celcius. Is that OK??

ALso I can see MAX multiplier x28 and that gives me only 2,77 GHz. Why doesnt it go more? (Maybe those SSDT's are just for 2630, not for 2670 CPU?)

Thanks!

P.S I just noticed that Geekbench result is smaller by thousand when you do the test with power cable unplugged. Just to let you know guys.. :)

P.S. 2 Does the scroll with touchpad HAS to be backwards? :) Or can I change it somewhere?

I've got a problem with Disk Utility hanging as soon as I launch it from 10.7.4 on my L702x. I have 2 hard drives installed on my laptop, with OSX installed on the second one. Is it a setting in the BIOS that is incorrect that would do that? The 2 times I completed the install, when I wanted to use disk utility I would get a beach ball and it doesn't show any disks.

JF

I've got a problem with Disk Utility hanging as soon as I launch it from 10.7.4 on my L702x. I have 2 hard drives installed on my laptop, with OSX installed on the second one. Is it a setting in the BIOS that is incorrect that would do that? The 2 times I completed the install, when I wanted to use disk utility I would get a beach ball and it doesn't show any disks.

JF

Fixed it by running Disk Utility from the iAtkos DVD and repairing permissions...

Fixed it by running Disk Utility from the iAtkos DVD and repairing permissions...

Well, that didn't fix it :( . It seems to be working fine for a few minutes after booting up, but then if I open up disk utility a bit later, I'll get a beachball and have to force quit it.

I tried unplugging any USB devices that are connected (USB stick, external HDD, mouse) and I am able to get Disk Utility running anytime. So I have disabled a few of the USB features in the BIOS (A17) to see if that improves things and so far so good, no more beachballs when using USB.

JF

Well, that didn't fix it :( . It seems to be working fine for a few minutes after booting up, but then if I open up disk utility a bit later, I'll get a beachball and have to force quit it.

I tried unplugging any USB devices that are connected (USB stick, external HDD, mouse) and I am able to get Disk Utility running anytime. So I have disabled a few of the USB features in the BIOS (A17) to see if that improves things and so far so good, no more beachballs when using USB.

JF

Beachballs are back :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i have successfully installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 using your guide.

Sadly, i the screen is hanging pretty often and i am having screen fragments too.

System:

L702x non-3d (1600x900)
GT555m, 2x4gb ram
A16 bios

I am using the DSDT from A16.zip and the SSDT files from 10.7.4 Kext zip.

Going by your advice, i have at least triple-checked my /System/Library/Extensions & /Extra/Extensions.

Here is a list of my kexts:

ALF.kext	AppleSEP.kext	IONetworkingFamily.kext
Apple16X50Serial.kext   AppleSMBIOS.kext   IOPCIFamily.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext   AppleSMBusController.kext  IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext   AppleSMBusPCI.kext   IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext
AppleAHCIPort.kext   AppleSMC.kext	IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext
AppleAPIC.kext	AppleSMCLMU.kext   IOSMBusFamily.kext
AppleAVBAudio.kext   AppleSRP.kext	IOSerialFamily.kext
AppleBMC.kext	AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext  IOStorageFamily.kext
AppleBacklight.kext   AppleStorageDrivers.kext  IOStreamFamily.kext
AppleBacklightExpert.kext  AppleTyMCEDriver.kext   IOSurface.kext
AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext  AppleUSBAudio.kext   IOTimeSyncFamily.kext
AppleEFIRuntime.kext   AppleUSBDisplays.kext   IOUSBFamily.kext
AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless.kext AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext  IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib.kext  AppleUSBMultitouch.kext   IOUserEthernet.kext
AppleFWAudio.kext   AppleUSBTopCase.kext   IOVideoFamily.kext
AppleFileSystemDriver.kext  AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext  IntelThermal.kext
AppleGraphicsControl.kext  AppleVADriver.bundle   L2TP.ppp
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext AppleXsanFilter.kext   OSvKernDSPLib.kext
AppleHIDKeyboard.kext   Apple_iSight.kext   PPP.kext
AppleHIDMouse.kext   AudioAUUC.kext	PPPSerial.ppp
AppleHPET.kext	AudioIPCDriver.kext   PPPoE.ppp
AppleHWSensor.kext   BJUSBLoad.kext	PPTP.ppp
AppleIRController.kext   BootCache.kext	PXHCD.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext CalDigitHDProDrv.kext   PromiseSTEX.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext CellPhoneHelper.kext   Quarantine.kext
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext  CoreStorage.kext   Radius.ppp
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin DSACL.ppp	RealtekRTL81xx.kext
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle DSAuth.ppp	RemoteVirtualInterface.kext
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle DVFamily.bundle	SMARTLib.plugin
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext  SMCMotionSensor.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext  EAP-KRB.ppp	Sandbox.kext
AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle   EAP-RSA.ppp	System.kext
AppleKeyStore.kext   EAP-TLS.ppp	TMSafetyNet.kext
AppleKeyswitch.kext   ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext  VoodooBattery.kext
AppleLPC.kext	FakeSMC.kext	acfs.kext
AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext   IO80211Family.kext   acfsctl.kext
AppleMCCSControl.kext   IOACPIFamily.kext   autofs.kext
AppleMCEDriver.kext   IOAHCIFamily.kext   cd9660.kext
AppleMIDIFWDriver.plugin  IOATAFamily.kext   cddafs.kext
AppleMIDIIACDriver.plugin  IOAVBFamily.kext   exfat.kext
AppleMIDIRTPDriver.plugin  IOAudioFamily.kext   iPodDriver.kext
AppleMIDIUSBDriver.plugin  IOBDStorageFamily.kext   mcxalr.kext
AppleMatch.kext	IOBluetoothFamily.kext   msdosfs.kext
AppleMikeyHIDDriver.kext  IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext  ntfs.kext
AppleMobileDevice.kext   IOCDStorageFamily.kext   smbfs.kext
AppleMultitouchDriver.kext  IODVDStorageFamily.kext   triggers.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext   IOGraphicsFamily.kext   udf.kext
ApplePlatformEnabler.kext  IOHDIXController.kext   webcontentfilter.kext
AppleRTC.kext	IOHIDFamily.kext   webdav_fs.kext
AppleSDXC.kext	IONDRVSupport.kext

I got AppleHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions.

In 'above my mac' it says i was having a Intel HD 3000 512MB - this seems obscure to me, does it really have 512MB?

Hi Zulakis,

delete AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and then also delete kernelcache present in System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and then again re install AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with the help of kextutility.app and then restart.

Regarding AppleHDA.kext i would recommend to install it in SLE.

Have u changed the resolution in the org.chameleon.boot.plist ? ( Graphics mode is set to Full HD 1920x1080x32 by default, If u have smaller resolution say for example 1600x900 then copy & paste this string 1600x900x32 and then just replace it in org.chameleon.Boot.plist )

hope it solves all the problems.

cheers

Done that, sadly didn't fix my issue.

I just checked the org.chameleon.Boot.plist again, it is set to 1600x900x32.

The screen issues are of course going on my nerves, but the worst problem is that the machine is suddenly hanging for 10-60 seconds (sometimes completely so I got to restart). The only thing I can do is move the cursor, the ls is not responding to clicks or keyboard input.

Would be great it you could help me.

Best Wishes

Zulakis

UPDATE:

In hope of having a more stable system with newer BIOS, i flashed the A17 Bios and changed to the A17 DSDT.

Sadly - same problems.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm nearly on cloud 9, but i have the 3D-model, so i use the gt555m and it freezes out of sudden, for example at using youtube(flash-player).

I use the AGPM.kext modified with the 550m device settings renamed to the 555m device.

I think that is the problem,isn't it?

Anybody here having a 555m AGPM.kext without any freezes?

Would be great if i can fight this problem..

Thanks for your efforts,

and sorry for my bad english...

Done that, sadly didn't fix my issue.

I just checked the org.chameleon.Boot.plist again, it is set to 1600x900x32.

The screen issues are of course going on my nerves, but the worst problem is that the machine is suddenly hanging for 10-60 seconds (sometimes completely so I got to restart). The only thing I can do is move the cursor, the ls is not responding to clicks or keyboard input.

Would be great it you could help me.

Best Wishes

Zulakis

UPDATE:

In hope of having a more stable system with newer BIOS, i flashed the A17 Bios and changed to the A17 DSDT.

Sadly - same problems.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Hiya, I can report that I have the same irritating issue with my L502x, 6GB ram (4GB + 2GB), A06 BIOS, using kexts from here + ssdt's, and wen1's DSDT, screen size 1366x768.

It *ALWAYS* freezes every time I try to open finder for approx 40 seconds, and now and then just randomly.

EDIT: sometimes it freezes completely and I need to power off my laptop, then start it up again. really f**king pain in the ass, especially when you're trying to install something... >_>

When I don't have the Intel HD 3000 (IntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) installed, the screen doesn't freeze at all, and everything runs smoothly - although, things like launchpad which need a proper gfx driver installed don't work, and flicker...

Anybody have a fix for the constant freezing?

@Tehmo, you're better off waiting for ML, it will bring better support. (GM version got released today, official one should be on 20 July)

@Zulakis, sounds like you have an EDID problem. Do you have a mini-DP cable? Try to plug it in and connect an external display, see if it still freezes. If it doesn't then that's your confirmation that the EDID isn't properly detected by OS X.

I'm using the 64MB version, everything is smooth so you could try that version. What ID is your HD3000? 0x0116? If so, use the EFI String provided in the boot.plist or the boot.plist all together(Full Definition one) from the V1.1 Installer. It has dual link patch and several other fixes for graphic artifacts.

Anybody having issues with freezing, try follow ^ advice, I am going to try myself tomorrow and see if the EFI string helps me on my non-HD...

@ i7Hackintosh

Even i would recommend to wait for Mountain Lion or try GM Build from imzdl.com. I have tested one of the beta builds DP4, we no longer need to delete & re install AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from OS X desktop, QE/CI is enabled out of the box even without Kernelcache, it means that kexts are getting better and better.

@ Techmo

As u have Nvidia card u need to use GraphicsEnabler-Yes and also install its respective kexts ( search on kexts.com ) and delete intel HD 3000 kexts.

Update:

OS X ML GM torrent http://www.mediafire...13x870sage38uuw

MBR Patch for OS X ML GM http://www.osx86.net..._mbr_patch.html

• Like 1