{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hello. I had Mac OS X 10.8 ML, and something happend with my drive. When I successfully loaded last time it said that Mac OS can't restore the drive.Now I made a USB stick with Mavericks but I can't install it. In verbose mode I have the messages from the atachment. The "p=" part is growing up, I have waited till 450.. What is the problem and what should I do?

post-1165093-0-60587500-1386534077_thumb.jpg

I'm having a similar problem to this... Sleep won't work... Computer will just either freeze or screen will turn black and won't come back on. When I try to restart or shutdown I have to manually turn it off. I've installed the bios patch... Can anyone suggest anything? (Everything else works great).

Mohamed i can't get my computer to sleep everything else works great even with my apple tv and hdmi but when ever i put it to sleep it doesn't come back on also fan speed does not display all very minor thing thank you for your hard work also

• Like 1

I finally switched to clover and updated to mavericks.

I had severe graphics artifacts but I managed to fix them via DSDT.

Clover's graphics injector did not work at all. I end up with a white screen after boot. 

Clover's graphics injector did not work at all. I end up with a white screen after boot. 

I find clover great on my elitebook, I still use patched DSDT for graphics, but use clover to patch AppleHDA.kext now, enable trim, recovery drive/find my mac, and have all my important kexts saved on EFI too in case of needing to use injected kexts, I wouldn't use them to inject for normal use, would slow down boot, better to have in SLE!

I also find that using own SSDT is better, more p states than using clovers.

I followed exactly the guide, including flashing BIOS, I got full resolution (1366x768) but no QE/CI. My graphic id is 0126 8086.

I'm assuming somebody with your knowledge patched your own DSDT...?

When following this guide doing my friends dell, I just couldn't get it right without patching his native DSDT, rather than using one from the guide, perhaps something very little that was different with his hardware?

got there in the end with everything working, still horrible artefacts compared with the probooks, I think SwitchresX was the only fix for that in the end.. but I had full QE/CI, he didn't have discrete graphics, not sure if that makes any difference..

Sorry, I can't help you much on this, don't even have his laptop with me to play with..

Hey I don't know if anyone can help with this, but I have a wireless usb adapter D-Link DWA-125 Wireless N150 USB adapter and I got it working on OSx 10.9.1 but I'm using the default Ralink wireless utility. Is there a way I can use it with the OSx Airport Utility?

AirPort Utility needs for configuring AirPort Express/Extreme/Time Capsule,not for configuring wireless usb adapter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Florin9doi - thanks for this, I'm assuming you used the same v2170 bios I had outlined in the bios mod forums?

Quick question - how did you re-integrate the ePSA module? For some reason PhoenixTool 2.18 is reporting 'Module mismatch' when I attempt to replace it directly over the older 4206.1 ePSA module for the XPS 15z?

Cheers

jkbuha

Hi @Florin9doi - thanks for this, I'm assuming you used the same v2170 bios I had outlined in the bios mod forums?

I used this version. The previous version it's broken. Then I applied all manufacturer settings with IntelBMP.

Quick question - how did you re-integrate the ePSA module? For some reason PhoenixTool 2.18 is reporting 'Module mismatch' when I attempt to replace it directly over the older 4206.1 ePSA module for the XPS 15z?

I hexedited the header.

• Like 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ph8jzmdienc9czw/Dell%20Inspiron%20N5110%20A11%20-%20x7%20vbios2170..zip

updated bios:

• AppleIntelCPUPM patch
  • Intel 0x206a7 microcode 0x29
  • Intel SandyBridge Mobile vbios 2170
  • Realtek FE PXE 1.34
  • Dell ePSA 4213.5
  • AMIBCP compliant

thanks florin9doi

can you make one without removing dell logo :) :) 

Can you offer me some sort of very rough guidance to clover install on this laptop?

What have you had to do in config file?

What settings when installing clover boot loader?

Are you using clover to patch SSDT, or using one here and putting in CLOVER patched folder with DSDT?

what DSDT patch resolved you artefacts?

Anything else that may help

My friend wants me to update his laptop now, been a while since Ive even looked at a dell, but Id like to run it on clover ideally as I use it on my elite book and find it far superior to chameleon.

Thanks

Can you offer me some sort of very rough guidance to clover install on this laptop?

What have you had to do in config file?

What settings when installing clover boot loader?

Are you using clover to patch SSDT, or using one here and putting in CLOVER patched folder with DSDT?

what DSDT patch resolved you artefacts?

Anything else that may help

My friend wants me to update his laptop now, been a while since Ive even looked at a dell, but Id like to run it on clover ideally as I use it on my elite book and find it far superior to chameleon.

Thanks

you can try my dsdt which posted that working fine without artefacts, also HDMI working fine too.

you can try my dsdt which posted that working fine without artefacts, also HDMI working fine too.

I don't need a DSDT file, I patched my friends extracted one for his dell.

Im looking for a guide / some info on what settings were applied in config for clover boot loader.

but thanks anyway 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ph8jzmdienc9czw/Dell%20Inspiron%20N5110%20A11%20-%20x7%20vbios2170..zip

updated bios:

• AppleIntelCPUPM patch
  • Intel 0x206a7 microcode 0x29
  • Intel SandyBridge Mobile vbios 2170
  • Realtek FE PXE 1.34
  • Dell ePSA 4213.5
  • AMIBCP compliant

I just updated this MOD successfully, however I take a simple test by using vanilla kext, it does not work :(