{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

hey ! check your DSDT is it right in place  ? and is loaded ? i have seen error like this when i booted without DSDT , not exactly , i don't remembe

OK YES ITS DSDT PROPLEM !!! NOW I HAD THE SAME PROPLEM !!!! EXACTLY !!!! AND I HAVE THE  SAME LAPTOP LIKE YOU EXACTLY !!! its a hdd access problem or damage boot loader !!

SOLVED :

booted from my usb emergency mountain lion external hdd , then replacer EXTRA FOLDER On THE ROOT partition of mavericks   , then re installed boot loader on mavericks

partition , rebooted with mavericks , OK , solved !!

My expected reasons for that strange error , related to TOW THINGS , either the disk access permissions faulty changed due to mavericks bug { i was forced to reauthorize my mavericks disk while i was on Mountain Lion } , or the boot loader files DSDT

FILES WERE DAMAGED ON YOUR HDD { BAD SECTORS ON HDD OR ACCIDENT DELETED BOOT FILES  } 

Anyway , I advice everyone to have anther osx on anther usb externel hdd , as emergency disc .

i have problem with playing dvd the video get very jumpy does anyone have a solution 

If you has installed your system probably ,then go ahead and install another dvd player software , with latest dvd codecs ,and try playing  dvd videos  directly  from your hdd 

Hi, I'm really thankful for your Dell 5110 pack, all the kexts work fine, but I have serious problem. Here's what I did

- Patched BIOS mod.

- Installed Mavericks and Chameleon 2266.

- Copy entire Extra folder + ssdt-4 + make serial number from Post-install folder.

- Repair boot0 error.

Everything works fine, sound, ethernet, disabled nvidia. But Intel HD3000 does not have QE/CI. I have 384MB VRAM in About my mac, full 1366x768 resolution, but menu is solid, slow Launchpad, Here is the log at boot:

SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

I used patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and vanilla one, both do not work.

So i am unable to get the webcam to work my VendorID: 3141 ProductID: 25666

If i can not get this camera to work can i get a dell part # for one that is working so I can replace it with a working camera? I know from reading throughout the 93 pages here that there are some that work but can't really go off the ids to find one on ebay.

I have tried to add my ids to the FaceTime.kext still with no luck.

Here are you go.

Please be noted, i am using setting to macbookpro 8.1

Thanks. Something important. the original equipments Macbook pro 8.1 work with HD 3000 integrated graphics. The Macbook Pro 8.2 with ATI discrete graphics and MacBook Pro 8.3 with integrated HD 3000 and Nvidia discrete graphics. So it should not be set in this way our computers?

I leave the question open to discuss the topic

did it work?

Sharik21... Sorry for the delay in replying.. no it still doesn't work.  My screen will work right up until the last item in the boot sequence then it goes dark.  I've even tried making a completely different boot drive using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method... (I should mention that this other method works on my desktop computer).  Why is the screen going black?  Does anyone else have this problem?

There are caddy's available to replace the dvd drive with an hdd/ssd. Would it be possible to replace the existing hdd with an ssd and place the hdd in the caddy? Is there anyone who tried this configuration with OS X?

I have a caddy for hdd and a ssd and it works but is not possible to boot from caddy. It can be used only for storage.

I have a caddy for hdd and a ssd and it works but is not possible to boot from caddy. It can be used only for storage.

I can boot windows from caddy, OSX with clover from SSD.

Not tried it the other way around, but most laptops do not use SATA ports like pc, so often only 1st one works, or can only be installed in correct slot, then moved to caddy for booting after.

It's an enclosure for an ssd. You can insert it in slot that's formed after removing the dvd drive. Just google "caddy n5110"

Doesn't have to be for SSD, can be for 2.5" HDD too, i.e., install SSD into main slot for boot, HDD for data or 2nd OS.

My configuration is OSX on SSD, HDD partitioned into two, windows, and OSX DATA (GPT) I also move ~home to HDD on OSX to save SSD space..

Hello!

My laptop has the following configuration:

GMDkb4a.png

and is seen as:

XYg4GAL.png

My webcam is identical to blade121:

cDOXjKr.png

Not working. If I turn FaceTime, only the LED lights next to webcam.

He works webcam someone? If yes, what should be done?

Should I be this: Why should I change my video card so that it's newbie noober (#1857)?

6hkDzfa.png

I tried the DSDT.aml in Item #1862 of newbie noober but crashes after restart.

Thank you very much!

If you hit F12 at bios and wait a few seconds once the boot device selection menu shows, then select hard disk, the BIOS will initialise the drive in the caddy and it will show as a partition on your bootloader. This works for me with OSX in the internal drive, Windows 8 on the Caddy drive, both SSDs

If you hit F12 at bios and wait a few seconds once the boot device selection menu shows, then select hard disk, the BIOS will initialise the drive in the caddy and it will show as a partition on your bootloader. This works for me with OSX in the internal drive, Windows 8 on the Caddy drive, both SSDs

I just ordered a caddy:)

Hi MK - long time no speak. Hope all's well your end.

I need some help with the Cypress trackpad. As per your first post there are certain Dell Inspiron/XPSs that only work with the ALPSMultitouch.kext (I suspect they all have Cypress pads, but anyway) - so I'm planning to write native Cypress support by porting some of the Linux code over to support multi-finger scrolling etc. Do you have a link to the git/svn for the source code of the ALPS kext as at least the basic functions work on the 15z?

Cheers

jkbuha

Try installing iGlasses demo to see if it makes your camera work.

It did TW. Thanks for the tip :)

Hi MK - long time no speak. Hope all's well your end.

I need some help with the Cypress trackpad. As per your first post there are certain Dell Inspiron/XPSs that only work with the ALPSMultitouch.kext (I suspect they all have Cypress pads, but anyway) - so I'm planning to write native Cypress support by porting some of the Linux code over to support multi-finger scrolling etc. Do you have a link to the git/svn for the source code of the ALPS kext as at least the basic functions work on the 15z?

Cheers

jkbuha

It did TW. Thanks for the tip :)

i have the final exams on my college :(

here is the source code more recent 

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/tree/bpedman_merge

and here is the source code of Florin9doi 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n76t4719oa527n5/ALPSMultitouch%202012-11-28%20v3%2Bv6%20src.zip

good luck :)

hope if i have programming language so i can help with you :)