{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ph8jzmdienc9czw/Dell%20Inspiron%20N5110%20A11%20-%20x7%20vbios2170..zip

updated bios:

• AppleIntelCPUPM patch
  • Intel 0x206a7 microcode 0x29
  • Intel SandyBridge Mobile vbios 2170
  • Realtek FE PXE 1.34
  • Dell ePSA 4213.5
  • AMIBCP compliant

Hi Mohammed or Florin9doi I am new to this forum I wanted to know what difference will this make to our laptop if we update it as I did updated but if you give brief explanation what these mods are so I can give you feed back of my laptop dell n5110 regards

Hi newbie noober, could indicate the model you bought ram 16 gb to increase your Dell computer. I want to do the same and do not want to make mistake when purchasing. I have exactly the same model computer

Sorry for my english

Hi Julio,

our computer already supported maximum 16GB RAM so you can use any ram for laptop with ruller: DDR3 - 1333MHz. and here is my Ram: Komputerbay 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 PC3-10600 10666 1333MHz SODIMM 204-Pin Laptop Memory

Another question, my HDMI port does not work in Windows 8.1 when I connect the cable to a LED TV. However in Windows 8 and 7 if it worked. By chance have you tried to verify its functionality. All drivers are updated.

Has anyone experienced this problem and been able to solve?

Thanks

Windows 8.1 reports itself as "Windows 2013" (but Windows 2012 and 2013 share same OSYS id of 0x07DC, while Windows 7 is 0x07D9) to ACPI driver.

In theory, if there are any checks related to video output switching between different DD00x (displays associated with graphics adapter) and Dell hasn't bothered to update BIOS ACPI tables to include Windows 8.1 some of the checks related to OS type (OSYS) will fail as default unmatched value of  0x07D0 will be used in all the checks.

An example to this would be media buttons above the keyboard on my Vostro.

Dell never updated BIOS past October 25th, 2012 (release date of Windows 8)... so with Windows 8.1 I lost all of media buttons, they just refuse to work. So I had to patch DSDT table inside my BIOS to fix that for Dell ..

Here's where the OS type check happens: 

Device (MBT)
           {
               Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C32"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
               Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
               {
                   If (LAnd (LGreaterEqual (OSYS, 0x07D9), LLessEqual (OSYS, 0x07DC)))
                   {
                       Return (0x0F)
                   }
                   Return (0x00)
               }

Method (GHID, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Buffer (One)
                   {
                       0x02
                   })
               }
           }

I've tried a few times now but keep getting stuck on the same place can anyone help me please.

Screen shot attached

Sorry it's upside down. I'm posting from my phone and have had a few drinks :-)[/quote

Could someone help with this please

post-1014197-0-74619600-1390165476_thumb.jpg

does the trackpad work for multitouch 2/3/4 fingers ? Did anyone found a solution for this ?

The trackpad works fine for me. I only got 2 finger scrolling (both horizontal and vertical). I used kexts that are posted in this tutorial only.

On the other hand, I have another issue. Whenever I close the lid of my laptop it takes around 2-3 minutes for the computer to go to sleep mode. Does anybody know what might be causing this delay?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ph8jzmdienc9czw/Dell%20Inspiron%20N5110%20A11%20-%20x7%20vbios2170..zip

updated bios:

• AppleIntelCPUPM patch
  • Intel 0x206a7 microcode 0x29
  • Intel SandyBridge Mobile vbios 2170
  • Realtek FE PXE 1.34
  • Dell ePSA 4213.5
  • AMIBCP compliant

Can you replace the Realtek FE PXE to Plop BootManager? or can you tell what GUID at PXE module in MMTOOL?

Only Plop BootManager can boot from 2nd hdd caddy(Optibay)!

Can anyone provide a very short basic clover install guide if they have managed it?

I'll have my friends dell soon to format and install mavericks, but Ill have limited time with it, Id prefer to use clover if possible.

Anyone using clover without issues on n5110?

@rob1980:

With Clover, I *sometimes* get artefacts even with the patched DSDT.

Install is simple:

boot0ss and the rest is left at default. 

In the config.plist, I disabled: DSDT patching, Audio, Graphics, and USB injection. I prefer to use my own patched DSDT for everything. 

I only added my own DSDT to the ACPI folder. Clover C and P states generator works perfectly so I didn't need to add SSDTs or any other table to the ACPI folder.

Add the following to the end of the config.plist:

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
</dict>
  • Like 1

Great, thanks Dr. Hurt!!

Can I ask what repository you use for DSDT patching, or could you provide a list of the patches you apply to your DSDT, I can still keep my friends, but even that was not his original, it was a modified one, Id much rather use MacIASL and patch it all myself, surely there is a list somewhere with the very basic patches required, then optional ones for the dell laptop to include AppleHDA, HDMI/AUDIO, etc?

Thanks again, ill try to get his laptop this weekend and get it all sorted out.

Do you have HD3000 only, or both graphics?

Thanks

Should I install the latest bios mod when installing mavericks, rather than leaving the original one on?

Is there a way to do this from OSX or linux, or create a bootable cd/usb installer for it as my friends laptop doesn't have windows?

@rob1980:

BIOS:

Using the latest one patched by Florin9doi

DSDT Patches: (Those are the ones I remember, not sure if I added more)

http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php

DTGP 

FN KEYS

PNLF

MCHC

Disable nVidia, Inject HD3000, LAN, Airport (patched myself because the ones in the repo are not up-to-date)

Always try to use as few patches as possible… 

Kexts:

ACPIBatteryManager latest version from RehabMan

voodooHDA 2.8.4 (its easier without assertion errors, update proof)

voodooPS2

fakesmc.kext (slice branch)

• Like 1

Ok, so Ive installed from scratch using this guide.

I have to say, everything is working perfectly, far better than the previous ML guide, for the sake of keeping it as simple as possible Ive used the provided DSDT also.

for all my testing, I cannot see any graphics glitches, HDMI issues gone from before (fixed using own DSDT previously) HDMI audio working, AppleHDA much better than voodoo.

Without having EFI, Ive decided to leave with chameleon, just no point in changing it.

Thanks Mohamed for the guide again, and thanks Dr . Hurt for helping out too.

guide is 100% for my friends laptop :)

Hi newbier noober, could you share your work on our teams to implement N5110. thanks

as mentioned, because I used many patch from many forum that I researched, so I am not sure which step is exactly. however, I modified bcc9 script to patch hex for AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

Hello all:)...I know that's mavericks released and many of you installed it,but now iam on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and some programs got crashed..The solution is updating to 10.8.5..I read many pages and can't find what to do to upgrade...Are there any issues or some drivers stopped working?..Shall i just update and rebuild cache,Permissions only?..or will i change some kexts?..I need it urgently...Thanks :)

Hello all:)...I know that's mavericks released and many of you installed it,but now iam on Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and some programs got crashed..The solution is updating to 10.8.5..I read many pages and can't find what to do to upgrade...Are there any issues or some drivers stopped working?..Shall i just update and rebuild cache,Permissions only?..or will i change some kexts?..I need it urgently...Thanks :)

You should backup entire you kext first, then download this file http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1676 and install as normal.