{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Mohamed, can you just confirm a couple of things for me so that I can edit the install just for my friends installation..

I basically want to remove the need for pre and post folders.

Can you confirm extensions are the same in both, I assume they are, and pre kexts are simply there to put on usb for install before OSX is installed, (other than patched AppleHDA which is not included in pre folder)?

in your guide, in post section, you say to copy kexts from pre install extra folder, that doesn't include the AppleHDA kext, is this correct? are we using patched AppleHDA in this guide,or vanilla? or maybe the install process puts the patched one in SLE? as I don't see voodooHDA?

Everything else I think I can put in one install folder, and just what I need at the correct part of installation?

Thanks

Mohamed, can you just confirm a couple of things for me so that I can edit the install just for my friends installation..

I basically want to remove the need for pre and post folders.

Can you confirm extensions are the same in both, I assume they are, and pre kexts are simply there to put on usb for install before OSX is installed, (other than patched AppleHDA which is not included in pre folder)?

in your guide, in post section, you say to copy kexts from pre install extra folder, that doesn't include the AppleHDA kext, is this correct? are we using patched AppleHDA in this guide,or vanilla? or maybe the install process puts the patched one in SLE? as I don't see voodooHDA?

Everything else I think I can put in one install folder, and just what I need at the correct part of installation?

Thanks

sorry i mean post install

on post install added patched applehda appleintelsnbgraphicsfb

updator and kexts will have small update after puplic release of 10.9

• Like 1

sorry i mean post install

on post install added patched applehda appleintelsnbgraphicsfb

updator and kexts will have small update after puplic release of 10.9

fakeSMC is in pre install, but not in post install, Im guessing it should be in post also?

Sorry, not trying to pick faults in your guide, its very good, just want to set up with one folder which should be possible to simplify (so my friend can try to follow it when I show him "try" lol)

fakeSMC is in pre install, but not in post install, Im guessing it should be in post also?

Sorry, not trying to pick faults in your guide, its very good, just want to set up with one folder which should be possible to simplify (so my friend can try to follow it when I show him "try" lol)

fakesmc is on HWMonitor pkg

• Like 1

I have problem with VGA output. I had working VGA on 10.8.5 however with 10.9, VGA output is not working. I have switcresx installed too. When I boot with VGA connected I see my extended desktop on the projector screen. However if I turn on mirroring(right click switchresx....) projector stops displaying anything and even if I turnoff monitoring I don't see anything. I am using .kexts and files located in the first post.

My GFX is Geforce GT525. What should I do to enable VGA again to mirror my screen? Thanks.

I also added my DSL files in case someone wants to look.

mydsdt.zip

Ive noticed that Mavericks plays slightly different with multiple displays, as its supposed to, but also a couple of things I wouldn't of known until playing..

previously, on ML, my laptop would only display at its maximum resolution, i.e. 1366x768.

However, in Mavericks, some how, and Ive no idea how, when I have HDMI plugged in, at first with mirror displays, my tv displays at 1080p, and my laptop display is also showing 1080p, obviously, there are not that many pixels in my laptop display, so it is some sort of stretch, or overscan etc.. it certainly doesn't display clearly, and I'm shocked that it displays at all being out of the native range...

perhaps something similar is happening with your projector but being via, and not HDMI it isn't auto correcting or something, do you have HDMI to test with, or is it just VGA issue?

heres what I mean, this is my laptop display, maximum res of 1366x768, but sets it to 1080p...

jrji.pngm1dh.png

Hello everyone!

Established by this instruction, the installation was successful. Everything works except video (Nvidia), ethernet cards and touchpad.

Tried to install Voodoo-PS2-Controller failed.

Help.

Parameters notebook: DELL INSPIRON N5110

CORE i7 2630QM

Nvidia GeForce 525M

Thank you, Mohamed Khairy. My N5110 works fine (no wifi broacom 4313). I bought a Ralink 3070 wifi usb. It worked well on 10.8.5 but not avalable on 10.9. I tried kext for RT2870. It works but I can't shutdown complete. Everything turn off. But the light on power button is still on. Can you help me? Sorry, my English is very bad.

P/s: I think have problem with USB kext. This is my wifi kext http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=129029

Please anybody who has GT 525M could test VGA output? If you can able to work it out could you share the details of the kexts or dsdt files you used.

VGA port must be connected and activated using Fn+F1 in bootloader...before OSX start to boot.

the vga port never work on my 5110, hdmi seem work

video or it didn't happen...

on the first page must write:

HDMI WILL NEVER WORK FOR NVIDIA NOTEBOOKS !!
NVIDIA GT 525M CARD WILL NEVER WORK !!
INTEL CENTRINO WILL NEVER WORK !!

!!!!!!! STOP ASKING !!!!!!!
Edited by Florin9doi
  • Like 1

VGA port must be connected and activated using Fn+F1 in bootloader...before OSX start to boot.

I did follow your guid, the vga work, btw the external screen very low resolution, i cannot change resolution on external monitor, also it is not dual screen like windows.

post-781421-0-08443700-1382435023_thumb.png

on the first page must write:

HDMI WILL NEVER WORK FOR NVIDIA NOTEBOOKS !!
NVIDIA GT 525M CARD WILL NEVER WORK !!
INTEL CENTRINO WILL NEVER WORK !!

!!!!!!! STOP ASKING !!!!!!!

So, will hdmi work with nvidia? 

Mohamed Khairy, this is guide for dell r5110 update to 10.9 from AppStore ?

Updates

Auto updator ( thanks to florin9doi for his Code )

after any new update like 10.9.1 , 10.9.2 ....... etc

you can install updates with out any fears from app store

and after restart

put Updator folder attachicon.gifUpdator.zip to desktop 

then open terminal and then type this 

sudo -s

cd ~/Desktop/Updator

./Update.sh

Mohamed Khairy, this is guide for dell r5110 update to 10.9 from AppStore ?

if you mean upgrading 10.8 to 10.9 from app store directly it needs clover to do that 

you can dowload osx mavericks app from app store an then follow guide from the start on restoring  10.9 installer to flash memory and continue 

pre install 

post install 

updator 

will be updated tomorrow

• Like 2

I managed to make enable VGA by using Patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from 10.8.5. I have tried to patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for 10.9 but I couldn't find the pattern to patch as in 10.8.5

@Florin9doi I never used Fn+F1 to enable VGA why should I use? I mean when I start computer with VGA connected I see something on the projector so it means VGA is enabled but when I hit detect display or Turn Mirroring on, display goes away. I think it is all related to new AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

I managed to make enable VGA by using Patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from 10.8.5. I have tried to patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for 10.9 but I couldn't find the pattern to patch as in 10.8.5

@Florin9doi I never used Fn+F1 to enable VGA why should I use? I mean when I start computer with VGA connected I see something on the projector so it means VGA is enabled but when I hit detect display or Turn Mirroring on, display goes away. I think it is all related to new AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

so do you try with your old dsdt that work fine on 10.8.5