{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hey everyone... I'm new to the hackintosh scene and trying my hand at installing Mavericks on my Dell N5110. Would anyone be able to help me find a DSDT for my machine with the following specs:

Intel Core i3 2330M

Socket 988B rPGA

Intel HD 3000 graphics

As well... Trying to follow the guide, I got lost at the part where it asks for an SSDT-4. What do I select if I have a core i3? (I could only find reference to i5 and i7).

Thanks...

Hey everyone... I'm new to the hackintosh scene and trying my hand at installing Mavericks on my Dell N5110. Would anyone be able to help me find a DSDT for my machine with the following specs:

Intel Core i3 2330M

Socket 988B rPGA

Intel HD 3000 graphics

As well... Trying to follow the guide, I got lost at the part where it asks for an SSDT-4. What do I select if I have a core i3? (I could only find reference to i5 and i7).

Thanks...

ITS there into the EXTA FOLDER , LOCATED IN THE PRE INSTALL FOLDER . LINKED IN THE FIRST PAGE OF THE GUIDE 

OPEN IT THEN COBY SSDT-4.AML TO YOUR EXTR FOLDER LOCATED IN THE PRE INSTALL FOLDER .

ATTACHED

Ok .... GREAT THANKS TO Mohamed Khairy , Florin9doi ,AND ALL HERE .... FOR YOUR GREAT EFFORT ...

THIS IS MY FEEDBACK INSTALLING MAVERICKS WITH YOUR GUIDE .......

@ My machine n5110 i5/2430m ,  nvdia .

@ Used mbb 8.1  smbios .

@ Installed mavericks 10.9 build 13A603 ,via downloading directly from apple store .

@ Went to apps folder ,right clicked on the downloaded " Install OS X Mavericks.app "  icon , then checked " show package content " then .........

@ FOLLOWED THE GUIDE 100% , And after final restart , replaced the VoodooPS2Controller.Kext withe the linked alternate one .

@ Everything Worked  FINE  except of trackpad pointer movement need some adjustments .

@ Got Multitouch Gestures Working FINE as follow :

1@ smooth tow fingers scrolling { horizontal & vertical } 

2@ very nice thee fingers gestures : Three fingers swipe right or left , switches between deferent desktops .... 

and Three fingers tapping toggles Mission control .

3 @ Tow fingers tapping opens right click menu .

4@ Now its much more easier and productive experience with mavericks  ! .

2330M.zip

ITS there into the EXTA FOLDER , LOCATED IN THE PRE INSTALL FOLDER . LINKED IN THE FIRST PAGE OF THE GUIDE 

OPEN IT THEN COBY SSDT-4.AML TO YOUR EXTR FOLDER LOCATED IN THE PRE INSTALL FOLDER .

ATTACHED

Ok .... GREAT THANKS TO Mohamed Khairy , Florin9doi ,AND ALL HERE .... FOR YOUR GREAT EFFORT ...

THIS IS MY FEEDBACK INSTALLING MAVERICKS WITH YOUR GUIDE .......

@ My machine n5110 i5/2430m ,  nvdia .

@ Used mbb 8.1  smbios .

@ Installed mavericks 10.9 build 13A603 ,via downloading directly from apple store .

@ Went to apps folder ,right clicked on the downloaded " Install OS X Mavericks.app "  icon , then checked " show package content " then .........

@ FOLLOWED THE GUIDE 100% , And after final restart , replaced the VoodooPS2Controller.Kext withe the linked alternate one .

@ Everything Worked  FINE  except of trackpad pointer movement need some adjustments .

@ Got Multitouch Gestures Working FINE as follow :

1@ smooth tow fingers scrolling { horizontal & vertical } 

2@ very nice thee fingers gestures : Three fingers swipe right or left , switches between deferent desktops .... 

and Three fingers tapping toggles Mission control .

3 @ Tow fingers tapping opens right click menu .

4@ Now its much more easier and productive experience with mavericks  ! .

Thanks nanotech... how about when I generate a SN... which option should I choose (as it doesn't have an option for an i3 processor)?

Ok so I've figured out my last question... Assuming it worked... Only one problem that I'm wondering if anyone else has had or knows the solution... When I try to boot up, everything loads as it should until it gets to the last line of code in the boot sequence (loading the installer). The screen flashes and then goes black. I've tried toggling the screen modes as well as plugging in an external monitor - nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks nanotech... how about when I generate a SN... which option should I choose (as it doesn't have an option for an i3 processor)?

JUST USE MAC PRO I5 & SMBIOS 8.1 

Ok so I've figured out my last question... Assuming it worked... Only one problem that I'm wondering if anyone else has had or knows the solution... When I try to boot up, everything loads as it should until it gets to the last line of code in the boot sequence (loading the installer). The screen flashes and then goes black. I've tried toggling the screen modes as well as plugging in an external monitor - nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

did you made the Bios mode mentioned in the first step in the guide ??

did you used  your dsdt.aml file for your lap ??

do you have nvdia card or only intel ??

JUST USE MAC PRO I5 & SMBIOS 8.1

did you made the Bios mode mentioned in the first step in the guide ??

did you used your dsdt.aml file for your lap ??

do you have nvdia card or only intel ??

Yes I followed it step by step... Used the correct DSDT, SSDT-4,, flashed the bios with the updated version and used the no nvidia option (I have Intel HD 3000. I even tried booting with -x and GraphicsEnabler=No.

Yes I followed it step by step... Used the correct DSDT, SSDT-4,, flashed the bios with the updated version and used the no nvidia option (I have Intel HD 3000. I even tried booting with -x and GraphicsEnabler=No.

you did something wrong i have the same exact system as yours and mines worked instantly go back and start over do each step one by one  

you did something wrong i have the same exact system as yours and mines worked instantly go back and start over do each step one by one

I've started over twice now thinking that I had but there has been no difference. The screen works up until the point where the installer GUI starts... Then it flickers and goes off. Not sure how starting over a third time is going to help me.

I've started over twice now thinking that I had but there has been no difference. The screen works up until the point where the installer GUI starts... Then it flickers and goes off. Not sure how starting over a third time is going to help me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wqyn4j6d6adoy3a/YZvrEDq3Wv

here is my extra folder if this doesn't work you got ur specs wrong 

Mainly its related to  hd3000 kext , try booting using -v flag , search for any error logs like , error loading , failed , failure  , any message contains "

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.Kext , or hd3000 , .....etc . 

OR you still don't  use the guide well !?

Try using external display , and see if the problem persists ? if solved ,then maybe you have , a connector issues for lvds ? 

did it worked fine in mountain lion 10.8 ?

Mohamed i can't get my computer to sleep everything else works great even with my apple tv and hdmi but when ever i put it to sleep it doesn't come back on also fan speed does not display all very minor thing thank you for your hard work also 

i have problem with my wifi after updadating mac to 10.8.5

i followed the installtion guide for installing mountain lion from a long time
my laptop is dell n5110 core i5 with nvidia card and my ssdt is 2450
can any one tell me what should i do?and what kext to download to solve this problem?
thanks