{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Did you use kext-dev-mode=1 boot argument?

Did you use kext-dev-mode=1 boot argument?  

I am a novice at this

what I did was install the bios to recognize UEFI
and install the video and copy the files ssd not hize nothing more nor change anything please help thanks

sorry for my English.

Hi,

I have managed to fully install osx 10.10.2 on my dell n5110 (for new users - except nvidia video..- this is not possible  )

I have GPT partition, with hybrid MBR.

I have triple boot osx,ubuntu,windows 8 on same hdd.

partitions in order :

efi osx linux windows

clover installed to boot either to osx / linux (clover entries)

for windows I have to press F12 choose hdd, then windows is loaded.

I have a DSDT which is used for broadcom bcm4352 - ac wifi , found information about how to activate 5G from toleda/github, there is a shell script that worked (also are ssdt / dsdt edits variants).

- so wifi worked after added PXSX definition from toleda/bcm 4352 DSDT , also I had to remove from DSDT information about another wifi card. To activate 5G toleda has a script named command2 .. is for 10.10.2+.

Audio :

removed all entries about HDA from /S/L/E 

and then put this modified kext, which I had in maveriks too. Sound control works perfectly, no half control problem..

because of the hybrid mbr - audio works in windows too even the partition is GPT, (but windows must be installed in legacy mode)

inside archive.zip - you will find:

linux.dsl = my extracted dsdt

mohamed.dsl = dsdt from mohamed

DSDT.aml = dsdt that I am using.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Archive.zip

Hi,

I installed Yosemite over the weekend using this guide and everything is working pretty flawlessly (thanks to everyone who is contributing!).

However, I'm having some connection speed issues from my Dell 1702 integrated wireless card. The signal seems very strong and it never drops the connection, but it's pretty slow. Using speedof.me to test the connection, under OS X it's pushing around 1.5Mbps both up and down, while on Ubuntu live I am getting about 24Mbps down and 17 up. Also, the speed seems unstable, every once in a while plummeting to nothing when downloading large files. Is this just to be expected under OS X or is there some tweaking to be done? I haven't messed with any kexts for the wifi - it was working when I started Yosemite setup so I've just left it alone.

Interestingly, it seems to have something to do with the bluetooth on the card. Whenever I open OS X's bluetooth settings, the wifi light on the front of the laptop starts blinking and the connection noticeably slows. The light is pretty wonky anyway - it usually comes on when the computer goes to sleep but is never lit when the computer is on and connected to a network. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

EDIT: Turned out to be radio interference with the network. Messing around with the wifi channels seems to have fixed it. 

Thank you for your guide! Your files work well, but I think there are some improvements:

- Rename SSDT-4.aml to SSDT.aml, then set GenerateP/CStates in config.plist to false, Add DropTable CpuPm to config.plist. You should also drop NvdOpt table because you copied the content of this table to DSDT.aml.

- Remove GenericUSBXHCI, it has some problems with USB 3.0 (like USB not recognized at first plug), you can add some USB 3.0 patches to config.plist (I attatched it).

patch.txt

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone..

I have Dell Inspiron N5110 Core i7 2630QM.

Just want to ask about the bios. I flashed my bios from the file provided at the 1st page. But when I go to the bios page I noticed nothing changed accept that there is florin9doi email address at the top of the bios page and there is no dell startup page. No advance option for secureboot and from the look of it I think it's the same like before I flashed it. I tried to flash it multiple times but still there is no change. Any idea what I did wrong? I did tick the program all blocks from the setup tab at the flash utility.

Hello everyone..

I have Dell Inspiron N5110 Core i7 2630QM.

Just want to ask about the bios. I flashed my bios from the file provided at the 1st page. But when I go to the bios page I noticed nothing changed accept that there is florin9doi email address at the top of the bios page and there is no dell startup page. No advance option for secureboot and from the look of it I think it's the same like before I flashed it. I tried to flash it multiple times but still there is no change. Any idea what I did wrong? I did tick the program all blocks from the setup tab at the flash utility.

Have you tried installing OS X as per the guide now?

Perhaps there is nothing to see in the modded bios, just stuff behind the scenes?

Dear All,

I am trying to unlock BIOS hidden features using the patch below given by florin.

UEFIPatch.exe N5110_UEFI.rom 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 010100010101000000000000 010100010101010101010101

But when i run it using UEFIPatch.exe i get the below error message.

Can some please help me with it.

Command log:

C:\Users\santhosh.arulvanan\Desktop\BIOS>UEFIPatch.exe N5110_UEFI.rom 899407D7-9

9FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 010100010101000000000000 010100010101010101010101
UEFIPatch 0.2.1 - UEFI image file patching utility

Usage: UEFIPatch image_file

Patches will be read from patches.txt file

Thanks in advance for your support.

Yes. Can confirm its working just fine. There's UEFI boot. Thank you those working hard to get this to our laptop. I read somewhere here that Florin9doi pointed to a patch for the modded uefi rom to unlock the extra options in bios. But we have to do it by ourselves.

Been trying to play this actually this past week but couldn't devote much time to get it right. You have to insert the patch into the patches.txt as the program will read and apply the patch from there..

Hi,

I noticed 3 new updates in my mac app store ...but i doubt they are safe > so the questions are :

Does the 10.10.3 update mess my hackintosh ?

and the recovery update 1.0 and UEFI firmware update 2.7... do they effect my hackintosh ?

Hello there to all owner this laptop.

Will signing in to facetime and iMessage using internet tethering over bluetooth cause problem because I can't get past the login page. Like FaceTime when i signed in using my appleid there will be a pop up about FaceTime wants access to keychain. Any button that I clicked will logged me out from the FaceTime. Any idea?

And i can't signed in to App Store either as it said it can't verify my device or computer.

Updated to 10.10.3, got some problems but solved.  :D

- After update, you may notice that some kexts may not load (VoodooPS2Controller, RealtekRTL8100, ACPIBatteryManager and CustomPheripherals for my case). Just delete these kexts from /S/L/E, rebuild cache, reboot then reinstall the kexts.

- To get rid of the MacbookPro EFI Firmware Update, open Clover Configurator, load your config.plist, go to SMBIOS section, then change BIOS Version to MBP81.88Z.0047.B27.1201241646 and BIOS Release Date to 01/24/12 (mm/dd/yy format).

• Like 1

Updated to 10.10.3, got some problems but solved.  :D

- After update, you may notice that some kexts may not load (VoodooPS2Controller, RealtekRTL8100, ACPIBatteryManager and CustomPheripherals for my case). Just delete these kexts from /S/L/E, rebuild cache, reboot then reinstall the kexts.

- To get rid of the MacbookPro EFI Firmware Update, open Clover Configurator, load your config.plist, go to SMBIOS section, then change BIOS Version to MBP81.88Z.0047.B27.1201241646 and BIOS Release Date to 01/24/12 (mm/dd/yy format).

thanks >>>but what about recovery update it still there >>I am sure it will damage or mess something 

hi dell owners

i succefully  installed mac 10.10 on my dell n5110  core i7

and drivers was installed well

but for the wireless 1702  card   can not discover any network around which is discoverable when running windows?

any idea whats the solution

than u in advance

This BIOS is Florin9doi's UEFI boot bios with unhidden menu patch and replaced PXE module with Plop Boot Manager

Bonus:

For permanently disable NVIDIA card need boot into bios and go to the chipset tab. Then press System Agent (SA) Configuration => Graphics Configuration  and change Primary Display from SG to IGFX.

I test it, but you do so at your own risk!

Got the nuts to test this, and can confirm that it works flawlessly.

Used AFUWINGUI from here

Exact steps made:

• Killed everything (browsers, MEGASync, games, etc.). This to ensure no interference to AFUWINGUI
  • Opened AFUWINGUI (x86 or x86-64, according to current installed OS)
  • Clicked Open and loaded rom file (N5110_UEFI_Plop.rom) contained in here
  • Checked Program All Blocks on Setup page of AFUWINGUI
  • Clicked Flash and got patient
  • Clicked Exit
  • Powered Off the computer (not restart). Computer powered on automatically after this  :wacko:
  • Fan was like crazy and this message showed up by the BIOS "Manufacturing Mode - Press Fn + X to quit", did Fn + X and fan calmed down
  • Pressed F2 to get into the BIOS and everything was in place... UEFI, PLOP Boot Manager, Unlocked Menus  :D

So happy right now with DVMT dedicated memory adjustment, CPU features disable/enable, PLOP Boot Manager.... the list is just so long  :rofl:

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I fixed the graphics artifacts I had with clover by using the slide=0 argument in the config.plist

Haven't seen any artifacts since then!!

I think the kernel's ASLR was corrupting the igpu's memory!

Hope this helps someone :)

Hi, guys, i have the bcm4311 card, how to get work it?, http://www.hackintosh.zone/page/osx86.html/hackintosh/articles/compatibility-guide/hardware-compatibility-for-mac-osx-mavericks-u-r22 here say it natively supported, but it is not work for me.

Try this kext, is for OS X Lion, but you can test: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1608-working-bcm43xx-on-lion/

After unlocking the hidden bios settings do we have any chance of forcing the Nvidia card to run while disabling the integrated intel one?

I know Optimus switching is out of the question and it's been a problem for years.

Got the nuts to test this, and can confirm that it works flawlessly.

Used AFUWINGUI from here

Exact steps made:

• Killed everything (browsers, MEGASync, games, etc.). This to ensure no interference to AFUWINGUI
  • Opened AFUWINGUI (x86 or x86-64, according to current installed OS)
  • Clicked Open and loaded rom file (N5110_UEFI_Plop.rom) contained in here
  • Checked Program All Blocks on Setup page of AFUWINGUI
  • Clicked Flash and got patient
  • Clicked Exit
  • Powered Off the computer (not restart). Computer powered on automatically after this  :wacko:
  • Fan was like crazy and this message showed up by the BIOS "Manufacturing Mode - Press Fn + X to quit", did Fn + X and fan calmed down
  • Pressed F2 to get into the BIOS and everything was in place... UEFI, PLOP Boot Manager, Unlocked Menus  :D

So happy right now with DVMT dedicated memory adjustment, CPU features disable/enable, PLOP Boot Manager.... the list is just so long  :rofl: