Must acquire these pieces:

1) Chameleon-2.1svn-r1996 http://www.insanelym...howtopic=231075

* sometimes your "boot" is hidden

Open Terminal

will unhide a file

chflags nohidden /path/to/file.ext

will hide a file

chflags hidden /path/to/file.ext

Place all these 2-4 pieces into S/L/E place using Kext Wizard or kext helper, and so on or Terminal (Google it)

Also Repair permissions and Rebuid cache... you can also use the classic Kext Utility

2) GeForceGLDriver.bundle hex edit. 100%Open CL GPU Fermi 4xx 5xx osx86.net You can edit your own 10.7.3 using Hex utility found further down thread. Do to the size can't post it here so I gave more detail. Its fairly simple using Hex Edit.

3)ID inserted 1086

Lion 10.7.3 NVDAGF100Hal *from 10.7.2 please use http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484 do not reboot when finished replace considering you will have no graphics without the ID edit!

updated 10.7.3 NVDAGF100Hal.kext.zip

4)

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext_GTX_580_or_570.zip

DVI,DVI, HDMI confirming is working correctly! Display Port remains untested.

Install also:

NVIDIA CUDA drivers http://www.nvidia.co...er-archive.html

Testing if CUDA is working use app in link below!

http://sourceforge.n...VN.dmg/download (credit to Moderator mitch_de for sharing)

Cuda-2.jpg

USE Carbon Copy Cloner 3.4 or newer BEFORE you tinker with an already working one! Don't forget you need to reinstall the Chaneleon or variations of it onto that back up as a target. If you have a USB BOOT then no need just back up and your safe.

IMO, Its working very well and is definitely playing video (various formats) and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 working. No lockups or crashes. Runs very cool to the touch on stock heat sink. So far its on par with how I use my computer and not a step backwards.

Insanely cool heatsink for added help to those temps! Yes, suppose to work on double deck DVI cards as well.

LuxMark Results Link

Great tool to give you confidence that your card is working!

Upon further testing of the smbios.plist its affecting Cinebench but not LuxMark, this needs to be looked at. Seems to be screwing up other GL performance but I think i have a clue..

clue.jpg

If you look at what Extensions there are 133 for this card in this particular implementation but then in the database there are 201 previous in record. So some Renderers seem to respond differently and it might be based on the app and its knowledge (programing on how to engage extensions)

Considering this next record of a Quadro FX 5600 (mac) the GTX 570 might be as good as it gets....but there is also a record of a GTX 570(mac) with 201 extensions. People take a look at this...

Asgoodasitgets.jpg

Tips:

Yes, I have the luxury of owning a card that is working flawless for some time now the HD4850 and before that was a Nvidia 7300gt. Its simple to then play or recover when you have a working one to start off on. Live and learn! I'm mentioning this from reading posts on "how the heck do you even boot into OSX to begin with"

Another funny tip is I have in the past stuck my drive in a MBP and it boots and have adjusted kexts also... Then stick it back in your Hackintosh... For what ever reason it boot's just fine in both a real Mac or the PC version...

Update: Jan. 26 2012

Tried Chameleon 2.1svn-r1768 and the out come was a longer boot time and missing information on type of graphics card but still works. Reverted back to Chimera v1.7.0 r1394 and all good now.

Updated CUDA drivers but no change in performance

Update: May 25 2012

Moved on to Lion 10.7.4

Reverted to using kext from Lion 10.7.3 ... used combo update and before reboot reinstalled older kext.

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

Installing nvidia drivers

270.00.00f01 located here broke some performance. Use at your own risk!!!!

http://www.nvidia.co...f01-driver.html

Update: July 1 2012

Chameleon 2.1 bootloader as my default for now on

Will try EVGA GTX 670 but will not run CUDA even in Windows 7 using Sony Vegas 12 for renders, so I do not recommend bleeding edge hardware as a workstation, X79, something very wrong with it dropping the Intel SATA3 ports in RAID0 this is a known issue. Sad to build an LGA2011 and see zero gains, EVGA GTX570HD keeps working like the energizer bunny in both OS's. Proven hardy is still X58, don't have a Z77 but perhaps they needed that to clean there mess up or they just don't have what it takes (intel) to make a clock to clock improvement that was the seen with Core 2 to Core i7? 3rd generation my @#!$$$#@$

more propaganda.

POST work in progress....

Update: July 7 2012

Chameleon 2.1 bootloader recognizing GTX 670 but incorrect memory,

Trying update in kext only the obvious ones,

GTX_ID.jpg

Kext_modified.jpg

Using your Windows install to edit kext with WordPad

Using_wordpad_edit.jpg

Adding support for a clean install using LION. Its very simple to then get the use of this card (may apply to others like a template) from scratch.

Lion-Install-.jpg

Steps required: *this is not the entire procedure but gets the graphics to work using EVGA GTX570HD SC installed if thats all you have to start out with!

Next to the red squiggles/line is what is added and I even like to have my sound be taken care of...

boot,

AppleHDA.kext,

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext,

NVDAGF100Hal.kext,

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

Lets get these kexts added correctly (no you can't just drag and drop because the permissions are incorrect)

installkext.jpg

kextinstall.jpg

boot.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@HangTen

Thank you very much for this! One of the first times I've found information on a technical Hac procedure that actually WORKS and worked for me the first time. Thank you! :P

Nice that you posted a picture of the card so that there could be no doubt which one this procedure was intended. Also, thanks very much for the clean screen captures and highlights with the information that needed to be changed. I wish everyone would do their guides like this! :hysterical:

Getting ready now to try the "tools" for testing you mentioned.

I would be very interested to hear about any further improvements or progress you make with our GTX 570.

THANK YOU AGAIN.

: )

Ok, here are some screens of my results:

ScreenShot2011-11-08at72317PM.png

ScreenShot2011-11-08at71839PM.png

CinebenchWin7x64.pngScreenShot2011-11-08at80457PM.png

ScreenShot2011-11-08at92838PM.png

One thing I noticed is that my ID shows up as 0x1081 and my ROM Rev is different, BUT that is probably because mine is the NON-HD version, but the Super Clocked. I DID insert the ID you gave in post #1, so it seems interesting that it still picked up the correct one. Perhaps it is not necessary to add it?

NOTE: I currently have the EVGA GTX570 SC installed, but it's going back to the store once the Galaxy (from my sig) arrives this Friday. My scores will drop a little, but the EVGA cost over $400.00 where I got it, but with the $50.00 rebate I will get for the Galaxy it will cost under $300.00 PLUS it will come with the new Batman: Arkham City game... I have to give it a chance. So I will update my results after the change.

Galaxy GTX 570 @ Amazon $339.99 plus $50.00 REBATE and Batman: Arkham City game. ; )

Other than that, looks almost the same. :D

Thanks SO much... you have saved me SO much valuable time. :)

One thing I noticed is that my ID shows up as 0x1081 and my ROM Rev is different, BUT that is probably because mine is the NON-HD version, but the Super Clocked. I DID insert the ID you gave in post #1, so it seems interesting that it still picked up the correct one. Perhaps it is not necessary to add it?

@Mammoth

At first I tried without adding the 1086 and nothing but a black screen. You can tap on the volume key on the mac keyboard to see if your fully booted. Not untill I added the ID did it work. I have read in some of the posts some have had success without adding DevID. Some cards may work. Will do some testing... Thanks! for the info.

@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

Yeah, I was shocked after a few hours of reading and then trying it worked. I have to thank who ever compiled the boot file with this card in Chimera, and then all the previous info on power management.

Thanks for your support

Uh oh, looks like I have an issue to resolve. I just realized my card is only showing up with "Link Width" of x8. Not good. It showed that way for the EVGA and for the Galaxy I just installed today. : ( My board has two PCI Express slots, and the GTX is FOR SURE in the 16x slot, while my RAID card is in the 8x slots.

Any clues or ideas on how I might rectify this?

: |

UPDATE:

{censored}

SOOoooo. My stupid GA-P55A-UD4P defaults to 8x on both slots when both the 16x and 8x slots are occupied. : |

This cannot stand. New motherboard? Can I move the RAID card around? It never ends.

@Mammoth sadly that's a limitation of your mobo you'll have to undo your raid setup and pluck out the card so that your mobo goes back to 16x 0x for the two lanes or you'll be forced to the x8 for each lane.

Thanks TH3L4UGH1NGM4N,

Yep, those are the facts; so what I decided instead was to dump my MB and CPU, and I'm upgrading to a GA-P67A-UD7-B3 and an LGA 1155 i7 2600k. All my existing stuff is now sitting on eBay.

http://www.directron.com/gap67aud7b3.html

http://www.directron.com/bx80623i72600k.html

That 'ill fix it!

;)

3)ID inserted 1086

Please use 1080 (the 0 actually means it will accept any value from 0 - 9)

Also, make sure that you do not leave unnecessary spaces in between.

Use tab and enter key when editing the file.

By doing so, my friend manages to get the apple loo correctly at the boot screen. Please try...I have a 550Ti and it also works fine.

@inovice,

Consider it amended and thanks for the tip. I personaly can't try it for the spinner animation as I am still not back from the Thanksgiving Holiday but will surely post results when get a chance.

@mitch_de,

Sorry for the wait!

@insanelymacs

Post if you have success with the spinner and any other quirks that should be fixed.

@inovice,

Consider it amended and thanks for the tip. I personaly can't try it for the spinner animation as I am still not back from the Thanksgiving Holiday but will surely post results when get a chance.

Please try it, but have a backup/USB working partition to boot again (just in case you get stuck at boot logo screen)

I have a GTX 550 Ti and been testing it for couple of weeks now. The reason I am requesting you guys to check is that my card ID is already in Lion.

0x124010de&0xffc0ffff

1241 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 545"

1243 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 "

1244 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti" (my card)

1245 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

0x108610de&0xffc0ffff (is your device ID but MAC OS does not interpret it as it is), you can read about it here.

The fourth example uses a mask to match a PCI device with a primary vendor ID of 0x8086 and any primary device ID whose first two digits are 0x12. Subsystem IDs aren’t checked.

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> <string>0x12008086&0xFF00FFFF</string>

So, let`s get back to GTX 570

0x108610de&0xffc0ffff should be 0x108010de&0xffc0ffff

PCI device with a primary vendor ID 10de (Nvidia Chipset)

primary device ID whose first two digits are 0x1080 (ignore the subsystem ID).

Vood (thanks to him for the tip) mentioned in another post that As far as I understand in those docs:

F means = keep the same, and

0 means = any value.

If I trust the first post and the mask are tolerency based it would be:

F = no tolerancy, the number has to be the same.

0 = full tolerancy, the number can be any.

E = the value can be +/- 1

D = the value can be +/- 2

C = the value can be +/- 3, etc...

But as I said....it `s just theory but will be good if someone can test it out, best way will be with a fresh install. Please post your results.

• 4 weeks later...

@ oheavens2betsy

DSDT edit one of the better guides and there are more and older ones you can google search that. HDMI is not too old so I think this is one of the better guides http://tonymacx86.co...p?f=162&t=31947

However there are edits for onboard. What I am using now are DVI and occasionally I use an LG D2342 3D passive display with HDMI all sound runs off my 889.

Maybe toledo, can respond to what he is using in a PM or post here some detail of his install...

Anyone in here with the gtx 570 experiencing some lag with user interface? like when opening the launchpad, there is some stuttering (seems like the animation is playing on very low fps) whereas my cinebench goes up to 53fps (on i5-2500k oc'd to 4.8ghz) quite good i'd say, but my hd4870 outplays the gtx570 as in how smooth the animation goes, even though the hd4870 cinebench only goes up to 26fps. There is something wrong with the nvidia drivers for this card, im not sure if it happens the same on the 580/590 cards.

Anyone in here with the gtx 570 experiencing some lag with user interface? like when opening the launchpad, there is some stuttering (seems like the animation is playing on very low fps) whereas my cinebench goes up to 53fps (on i5-2500k oc'd to 4.8ghz) quite good i'd say, but my hd4870 outplays the gtx570 as in how smooth the animation goes, even though the hd4870 cinebench only goes up to 26fps. There is something wrong with the nvidia drivers for this card, im not sure if it happens the same on the 580/590 cards.

Funny I thought there was a post here on using Revoboot and geting better performance? To answer for my hardware...there is no lag on my GUI at all.

And my cinebench without Chimera is higher on my HD4850 hitting about 43fps using a lower version of Chameleon. I'm planning on trying the new Chameleon as its showing the "boot" has changed to include support for this cards ID.

Thats a heck of an overclock! Is that with turbo or is that all cores without any SSDT-P or you using NullPowerManagement kext? Was thinking about swapping board/chip but really use my computer for rendering in Autodesk mental ray. If I get V-ray up(cpu+gpu) and my GTX570 running CUDA then a Sandy Bridge like yours would be a reasonable upgrade.

Hi hangsten, had to revert back to using chimera as something weird was happening when booting with revoboot, it gave me 73fps on cine but UI and quicktime were lagging a lot, and the sound would start to crackle, things like that so i deleted that post :)

So, the UI lag is now gone, quicktime videos are playing as expected now.

I believe chimera from 1.4+ has the GraphicsEnabler auto-detection.

The OC is set to 48 in UEFI on the manual max ratio setting with an offset of 0,010v, to make it run @ 1.3v on full load, ran prime95 for 12 hours, no errors/bsods. I'd guess that's the max turbo ratio, prior to setting that multiplier i would only get 3.4ghz (100mhz more) on default settings. Temp wise it gets a bit hot at full load on prolonged times, like 75C but still within safe values i think.

Running SSDT_PR with 6 turbo states and speedstepper with vanilla AICPUPM but only getting 2 p-states (16 and 48) because it doesn't work on lion imac12,2 yet or so i read.