DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

Hey guys, haven't been here for a while,

read through and found that 6770m wasn't launched successfully yet, but what about WiFi? Any success with stock wifi hardware?

Working wifi would make it possible for me to use osx everyday, so looking forward to hear from you soon about Wifi :P

I was wondering if is it possible to replace te existen wificard by another one like bcm 4322.

Anyone knows if is it possible? Maybe the bios limits the capablity of doing such a this compatiblities

there is a bios hack, but i'm not sure what cards are compatible

I was wondering if is it possible to replace te existen wificard by another one like bcm 4322.

Anyone knows if is it possible? Maybe the bios limits the capablity of doing such a this compatiblities

Insyde Bios has a whitelist of the hardware permitted so if you put any wifi card different from the one you have natively installed on your laptop you bios will stop loading, giving some error i can't remember.

So if you want to change wifi card you have to mod the bios...

I don't think so, because is not my laptot, is my girldfriend one (i promised her his hackintosh) and I don't have too much time for testing.

Maybe a usb hub make the trick for me. But removing the whitelist perhaps is the best option. If it was my laptop I would mod it.

""""""""""""""""""- Restore DMG on a USB > 5GB. Install Chameleon 2 RC5 R1003 on it. (included in the root) Install without flags.

Once installed copy the Extra folder to / and install Chameleon 2 RC5 r1003 included in the downloaded DMG.""""""""""

Hey i wanted to know weither chameleon RC5 R1003 is different from r1003??? is it the same thing?

I cant find the first one

:(

HELP

hi all,

it´s been a wile since i´ve post some news...

just something i´ve notice in my dv6, i´ve got speedstep patch, but if i use the chameleon boot my benchmark score is only 6400, i´ve installed the chimera 1.8 boot and i´ve finnaly got 9600 benchmark score.

Hope it works for you all.

PS: try to install lion 10.8 but the actually kernel_mach dosent seems to works. hope it appears a new one in the near future.

hi all, i´ve got one problem.

wich ktext for trackpad works with chimera?

in chameleon, voodooPS2 and applePS2 ktexts works and reconizes the trackpad and multi touch.

with chimera the trackpad is reconized only as a mouse. no multi touch. and in the preferences panel the trackpad is not available.

any sollution??

thanks in advance

Guys im having a problem here been trying to install OSX86 with appleworm's DMG for a few months but no joy. I STILL haven't gotten into the actual Mac OS X installer yet.

I'm getting a still waiting for root device error. I have exactly the same laptop (HP-DV6090) with exactly the same specs as appleworm, so I really don't see why im getting this problem. I have restored the DMG a million times on the same 8GB USB and 2 other USB's but still no luck. Chameleon boots up, it loads up a load of {censored} and then halts at the Still waiting for root device error.

I used a Mac OS X Leopard Virtual Machine on my laptop to restore the DMG to the usb. I then installed chameleon to the same USB and also pasted the extras folder. I tried a lot of flags and flag combos such as -x, -x -v, -f, -x -f -v -x86 and a lot of more {censored} :wallbash:

I would REALLY appreciate it if you guys could help me!! Thank you VERY MUCCH FOR YOUR HELP :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Everyone,

Actually i'm so noob about installing MacOs X on any device even MAC Devices.

So I have some question about restoring the DMG file on a usb Flash and installing chameleon rc 1003.

The first question is about the software that can restore DMG on a usb . Actually I have TransMac software but it cannot restore DMG to usb

Second is Whats meaning "installing chameleon rc 1003 on usb flash" ? is it means to making boot sector and install this file on it? And whats meaning "installing without flags"

Sorry guys but I search it in many diffrent place but I did not find any...

Thanks for your helping

@ EN-Com

Man i can help a bit about the restoration of dmg to the usb but myself dont know about the second part.

U can only restore the dmg to a usb by using an actually or mac on vmware/virtualbox!!! Once you install the mac os on a virtual machine go to view>utilities>disk utility and select the source as dmg and destination as the usb disk drive(you will also have to first erase this usb disk using the same disk utility in mac)

i still dont know how to install the chameleon thing :(

please people help us out :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not: :angel_not:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put both the plist files ;) Hope they will help...

My approach with lion was terrible too... I was able to install only this package from appleworm, but i was always booting with flags, no matter DSDT editing or kext loaded was always the same....

Then i tried ###### (that in a first moment appeared to be impossible to install), i booted the first time with the flags i told before and then i customized the OS to work with my system.

I only have some problems with usb3.0 , webcam and sd card reader. They works separately but not all togheter, and still don't know what to do.... If you have some reports about it would be nice... i opened some thread but nobody answered till now.

But at the moment the important thing is that i removed whitelist from bios and solved the bios boot problem...

If you need something else let me know...

bye

G.

I have the same bios boot problem. How did you solve it?

Thanks, Davidb3

I have the same bios boot problem. How did you solve it?

Thanks, Davidb3

I loaded in E/E ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext downloaded from here: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=151

You can also try to modify your DSDT, look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253992&st=360

Let me know if it works

Bye

G.

I loaded in E/E ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext downloaded from here: http://www.osx86.net...?do=file&id=151

You can also try to modify your DSDT, look here: http://www.insanelym...c=253992&st=360

Let me know if it works

Bye

G.

Ok, but my problem is the bios checksum error. I read here and at bios mods, that you had the same error with the modded bios. Can you help me ? It is very difficult to change everytime the battery.

After a restart under Mac OS and everytime i entered the BIOS settings, system restarts with black screen so everytime i have to unplug all the batteries everytime i restart the pc and then when i start again it appears a screen with 502 error (checksum) that ask me to reboot. When i reboot it's ok... I read of this problem time ago but now i can't find the topic

sad.gif

~http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HELP-Just-bricked-after-flash-sp55068-on-HP-dv6-6020el

Ok, but my problem is the bios checksum error. I read here and at bios mods, that you had the same error with the modded bios. Can you help me ? It is very difficult to change everytime the battery.

~http://www.bios-mods...n-HP-dv6-6020el

The problem is that when you mod the bios everytime you will enter the bios to modify it, it won't save the new settings and it will give checksum error... The thing you should try is to mod again the original bios then made the change to the bios settings and then mod the bios again with patched one...

Then to solve bios restart error you have to follow what i wrote before...

What i suggest to you is to leave the bios battery and the main battery unplugged and work only with the charger till you solve the problem. In this way you just need to unplug the charger for about 20 seconds to made restart possible...

Bye

G.

Hey, I ran across this thread on the DV6 and it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for to get going on OSX86. I've downloaded the disc image, restored it to a USB and installed Chamelion. When I try to boot it, I get a garbled screen. This is right after the initial grey one with the apple logo and the spinning status indicator. I was wondering if you might help me out. Here's a picture.

So I've got a DV6-6100 Quad Edition

i7-2720QM

Intel HD3000

ATI Radeon 6770M 2Gb

1920x1080 LCD

4Gb DDR3

I can control the mouse cursor, it won't go past the edge into the black. It's almost like it doesn't know how to control the LCD.

I dunno even where to start. Here's a picture.

osx_screen.jpg

Hey famas,

i solved my sound problem with gabrielepizza2010 method. You can find it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275566.

@ gabrielepizza2010 thanks for your help! this is written by my new hackbook pro :D Now , i have only one problem with ICloud and Facetime. I tried everthing with the smbios.plist and followed several instruction, but i do not get it run. :/ Do you have an idea? Thanks.

Ciao DavidB3

Thanks, I actually got it, I just installed the AppleHDA.kext. I also had a problem with the Ethernet. Even though I installed the Realtek kext, System Information was showing that the driver for my device wasn't installed. It seems that even though I had the same NIC, it's somehow different on this system. I had to download the latest version from lnx2mac. I'm posting from it now and everything's good. Just a couple more usability tweaks.

As far as iCloud, I read it won't work when using a self compiled kernel. So since we're using one compiled by appleworm, I think iCloud is a no go.

Hey famas,

i solved my sound problem with gabrielepizza2010 method. You can find it here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=275566.

@ gabrielepizza2010 thanks for your help! this is written by my new hackbook pro :D Now , i have only one problem with ICloud and Facetime. I tried everthing with the smbios.plist and followed several instruction, but i do not get it run. :/ Do you have an idea? Thanks.

Ciao DavidB3

Install:

- Restore DMG on a USB > 5GB. Install Chameleon 2 RC5 R1003 on it. (included in the root) Install without flags.

hi how do you install that chameleon in the usb?

is there anyway to do this without a usb? i am doing it from vmware and for some reason usb drives are not getting recognised.

so i can burn a dmg to dvd but can't make bootable dvd. so is there anyway that i can add the chameleon in the dmd and burn it to dvd?

thnx