DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info, anyway i solved my problem installing a lion release using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Audio works by using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] AppleHDArollback combined with AppleACPIPlatform.kext of snow leopard. I tried this solution that permitted me also to enable Volume slider sound that with voodooHDA was constantly high, and to use correctly also mic, both headphones that switch audio automatically when i plug them in (before, i had to go in the system config/sound to switch between speaker and headphones).

Voodoobattery made my battery works properly... Sleep and speedstep enabled as i explained before in this topic...

No DSDT edited for the moment, but everything seems to work properly but SDCardReader and USB3: I have to put pc in sleep and then wake it up to make usb3 working otherwise OS freeze, but when i do this no webcam is detected by photobooth or facetime, it seems like a power management problem, but i still don't know how to solve it.

For everyone who want to try to mod the INSYDE BIOS this is what you will have under MacOS and everytime u will enter the bios and modify something under Win7:

To make wifi working i changed the pci card (AR9285) and modded this f***in' bios (NEVER AGAIN AN INSYDE BIOS PC!!!!!!!), but everytime i restart or shut down i have to remove all the batteries (main and Bios) and ac adapter and wait about 20 seconds to make pc works again (when it restarts bios will show you a nice 502 checksum error and reboot normally), still waiting for a solution...

If you have some idea on how to solve these problems pls let me know

Thx

G.

@fluxo try also MRSDumper.kext to see if the steps are working properly and search the web to see an average benchmark score of a system with similar hardware as yours

hi all, thanks a lot for the info and the feedback, i´ve try the speedsteeper, it´s patched and deleted the nullcpumanagment from USB/E/E (only can boot from USB, Boot=0 error on HD boot) , but still didn´t wake up. he sleeps but he dosen´t wake. the van starts working but there is no screen wake up. tonight i´ll try the msdumper and put a report for you to see.

my benchmark score is 7300.

best regards to all

I think you don't need all, you only Lion image and replace kernel (for kernel pached) and extra folder (more or less 100mb )

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I have the lion image ... Can somebody please upload these stuff?

greets DavidB3

@LesGaR

Lo siento si soy un poco spamer, solamente era para pedirte a ver si podrias subir los kexts del dv6-6151 que es lo unico que me falta xD

Muchas gracias!

Perdona por no haberte contestado antes y dejarte colgado, pero resulta que intentando ayudar a otro forero he jodido mi LION y su backup, Así que estoy un poco jodido en este momento ... Intentando instalar todo desde 0

Aún así te mando lo que te prometí en cuanto los recupere, pero no puedo garantizarte que funcionen al 100%.

Es mas si los pruebas uno a uno y nos dices que tal van incluso podríamos hacer un post donde comentáramos cuales van mejor, cuales peor y cuales ni siquiera funcionan.

DV6-6150es

Hardware Information:

(Incomplete)

INSTALACIÓN:

Bajate este enlace http://dl.dropbox.co...0DV6-6151es.zip que SEGURO que tiene que funcionar .... y si no funciona .... lo haremos funcionar.

Pasos a seguir:

1.- Ejecuta la aplicaciÓn ShowAllFiles (sirve para ver los archivos ocultos en mac) y le das al botÓn show (tienes que ver em un tono mas clarito los archivos ocultos)

2.- En la RAIZ del usb del INSTALADOR renombra el archivo boot a boot_bak (o lo borras) y el archivo Extra a Extra_bak (o lo borras).

3.- Copia los archivos que te has BAJADO a la RAIZ del instalador. Son tres boot (es el bootloader) Extra (donde están los archivos de configuraciÓn del bootloader) y mach_kernel2 (es el kernel parcheado para que soporte todos los núcleos).

4.- Arranca desde el USB, dale al instalador en modo VERBOSE (-v) por si falla ... que no debería... saber donde está el problema.

Si no arranca, debes intentarlo con las opciones -v -f (muuucho mas lento en cargar pero mas seguro).

Problemas:

1.- Necesitarás un RATÓN USB para moverte por los menús del instalador (se corregirá en breve). Esto es para aesgurarme que no falla, no he modificado ningún kext del instalador (los que están ubicados en /System/Lybrary/Extensions) El teclado SI es fucional.

2.- Es necesario editar core services para poder arrancar por primera vez y que no quede esperando eternamente a que conectes un teclado.

POSTINSTALACIÓN:

Estos son los kexts que mejor me funcion a mi

Seria interesante que la gente los probara y dijera si funcionan, si no funcionan y si hay alguno mejor, cimi por ejemplo un ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip que se instale en EXTRA y que permita que en el INSTALADOR vayan tanto el TECLADO como el RATON.

IMPORTANTE: NO USEIS MI DSDT.AML SI NO ES EL MISMO HARDWARE 100%

IMPORTANT: do not use MY DSDT.aml IF NOT THE SAMEHARDWARE 100%

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

VoodooBattery.kext.zip

FakeSMC.kext.zip

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext.zip

hi all, thanks a lot for the info and the feedback, i´ve try the speedsteeper, it´s patched and deleted the nullcpumanagment from USB/E/E (only can boot from USB, Boot=0 error on HD boot) , but still didn´t wake up. he sleeps but he dosen´t wake. the van starts working but there is no screen wake up. tonight i´ll try the msdumper and put a report for you to see.

my benchmark score is 7300.

best regards to all

Do you have sleepenabler.kext too? I've read somewhere that if you run speedstepper you have to remove it too...

Do you have sleepenabler.kext too? I've read somewhere that if you run speedstepper you have to remove it too...

hi, no, i deleted it. I don´t know what to do more. could you send me your org.chameleon for me to check if anything is wrong with mine. tonight i´ll use the msdumper report and post it for you to check if the sleepsteeper is working or not.

what are yours benchmark score?

best regards

hi, no, i deleted it. I don´t know what to do more. could you send me your org.chameleon for me to check if anything is wrong with mine. tonight i´ll use the msdumper report and post it for you to check if the sleepsteeper is working or not.

what are yours benchmark score?

best regards

Hi all, here is the msrdumper report at console app

Jan 28 01:33:17 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:17 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:18 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:18 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:18 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:18 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:19 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:19 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:19 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:19 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:20 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:20 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:20 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:20 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:21 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(20)

Jan 28 01:33:21 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:21 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Jan 28 01:33:21 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:22 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Jan 28 01:33:22 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:22 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Jan 28 01:33:22 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:23 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Jan 28 01:33:23 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:23 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Jan 28 01:33:23 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:24 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Jan 28 01:33:24 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 20

Jan 28 01:33:24 phnsk-macbook kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

i think isn´t working right? any help should be great! thanks in advance

Ok, let's start from the beginning... Hope not to be offensive, but sincerely i can't understand what's going wrong with your procedure... So... did you run speedstepper in the right way?

1. Go to this link and download the one for lion 10.7.2 http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258611

2. after you downloaded it, double click to extract the zipped file

3. open terminal and go in the directory of your downloaded file (cd Downloads) ( I'm not a unix expert so also this for me has been difficult... if you press TAB key after the first letters of the word you are typing, terminal should complete what are you writing, for example "cd Do" and then TAB should complete in "Downloads", P.S. Terminal is key sensitive and could also have ambiguity in first letter so continue typing if pressing TAB doesn't work)

4. After step 3 type this (use TAB to complete it will help you not to wrong the path...)

sudo ./speedstepper /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

5. This procedure should end with a smiley on your terminal...

That's what i did on the terminal. Then I delete NullCpuPowerManagement and put generates P and C states in org.chameleon plist

That's all...

My scores passed from about 5500 to about 6800, but i have i5 so...

I've read anyway that i7 has something like over 9000, 9500 ,but you should check the same CPU as Y

Attached there is my o.c.B.p.

Hope this will be helpful

G.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Ok, let's start from the beginning... Hope not to be offensive, but sincerely i can't understand what's going wrong with your procedure... So... did you run speedstepper in the right way?

1. Go to this link and download the one for lion 10.7.2 http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258611

2. after you downloaded it, double click to extract the zipped file

3. open terminal and go in the directory of your downloaded file (cd Downloads) ( I'm not a unix expert so also this for me has been difficult... if you press TAB key after the first letters of the word you are typing, terminal should complete what are you writing, for example "cd Do" and then TAB should complete in "Downloads", P.S. Terminal is key sensitive and could also have ambiguity in first letter so continue typing if pressing TAB doesn't work)

4. After step 3 type this (use TAB to complete it will help you not to wrong the path...)

sudo ./speedstepper /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

5. This procedure should end with a smiley on your terminal...

That's what i did on the terminal. Then I delete NullCpuPowerManagement and put generates P and C states in org.chameleon plist

That's all...

My scores passed from about 5500 to about 6800, but i have i5 so...

I've read anyway that i7 has something like over 9000, 9500 ,but you should check the same CPU as Y

Attached there is my o.c.B.p.

Hope this will be helpful

G.

hi gabriel, thanks a lot for all the trouble explaining it to me, i did everything that you said but unfortunately no success, here what appers in my Terminal:

SpeedStepper v1.2 - © flAked 2011

for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

Searching for wrmsr #0: a51a

-> ERR: bytes not found!

Searching for wrmsr #1: a5e2

Searching for wrmsr #2: a660

Searching for wrmsr #3: a6a9

Searching for wrmsr #4: af64

Searching for wrmsr #5: b016

Searching for wrmsr #6: b0d4

Searching for wrmsr #7: b6f1

Searching for wrmsr #8: 11abe

-> found bytes.

-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #9: 11b7c

-> found bytes.

-> patched.

Sorry, didn't find all wrmsr, your kernel might crash.

Hi fluxo,

did you change the kernel??? with lapic_kernel right (http://www.osx86.net/view/1945-os_x_lion_kernel_lapic_native.html)? Cause if you didn't, maybe this is the problem...

Unfortunately i don't know exactly what speedstepper does during his run... so arrived at this point you have two way you can follow...

- One is making a clean installation (and that's what i did and what i suggest to you, in fact, after installing for the first time appleworm package nothing was working properly on my lappie, and i was full of flags during the boot!!) using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a copy of lion from appstore... (I have the procedure of how i did it but is in italian, and i hope to have some time to spend to translate it in english for everybody...)

- The second is to ask some speedstep guru to help you :) (cause i just follow the procedure to run speedstep)

Good luck!

G.

Hey gabrielepizza2010,

is your usb 3 working? i have a similiar leptop hp dv6-6109. My usb device is VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_1658103C. Can you please help me ?

Hi, i have some problem with usb3 too... i installed the PXHCD kext and now super speed bus is showed in system info, but it works only when i wake up from sleep...

and when i do this "procedure" webcam stops to work :| . I still don't understand what's going on but it seems something related to energy management (or DSDT edting?) i don't know...

Anyway if you find out something more let me know...

Bye

G.

help me please to install this on my dv7

i have restore dmg to usb stick and install Chameleon from root, have also copy my dsdt.aml to Extra

tried to boot but it stuck on gray screen with apple, same result i have using -x and -f flags, -v flag stucks on "VoodooBattery 1.3 © ***** 64 bit"

bios settings are default, graphics option set as Fixed

what should i do to boot correct?

specs

HP DV7-6100
Intel Core i7-2630QM, 2000 MHz (20 x 100)
Hynix HMT351S6BFR8C-H9 DDR3 4GB x2
Чипсет системной платы Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge
Северный мост: Intel Sandy Bridge-MB IMC
Южный мост: Intel Cougar Point HM65
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series
IDT 92HD81B1X @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-3] PCI
Intel Cougar Point HDMI @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [b-3] PCI
TOSHIBA MK7575GSX ATA Device
hp BDDVDRW CT30L ATA Device
Realtek PCIE CardReader
Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

Hi fluxo,

did you change the kernel??? with lapic_kernel right (http://www.osx86.net...pic_native.html)? Cause if you didn't, maybe this is the problem...

Unfortunately i don't know exactly what speedstepper does during his run... so arrived at this point you have two way you can follow...

- One is making a clean installation (and that's what i did and what i suggest to you, in fact, after installing for the first time appleworm package nothing was working properly on my lappie, and i was full of flags during the boot!!) using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a copy of lion from appstore... (I have the procedure of how i did it but is in italian, and i hope to have some time to spend to translate it in english for everybody...)

- The second is to ask some speedstep guru to help you :) (cause i just follow the procedure to run speedstep)

Good luck!

G.

hi gabriel good news, sleepsteeper is finnaly working. thanks a lot for your tips. here my report, hope it will help someone else to:

1. Used sleepsteeper_lion_gm for 10.7.0 & 107.1 in my 107.2 system ( with sudo -s )

2. Since i cannot boott from HD, i installed chameleon in my USB Boot device instead of Chimera 1.7

Thank you for all the trouble in helping me.

cheers

GEEKBENCH SCORE 9603

hi gabriel good news, sleepsteeper is finnaly working. thanks a lot for your tips. here my report, hope it will help someone else to:

1. Used sleepsteeper_lion_gm for 10.7.0 & 107.1 in my 107.2 system ( with sudo -s )

2. Since i cannot boott from HD, i installed chameleon in my USB Boot device instead of Chimera 1.7

Thank you for all the trouble in helping me.

cheers

GEEKBENCH SCORE 9603

hi all,

something strange happen,

last night the geekbench score was 9603, but today the benchmark score is only 6900, speedsteper is patched and i do have sleep working.

when i didn´t have sleepsteper patched the benchmark score was 7300.

any clue why the benchmark scores only gives me 6900 of total score?

hi all,

something strange happen,

last night the geekbench score was 9603, but today the benchmark score is only 6900, speedsteper is patched and i do have sleep working.

when i didn´t have sleepsteper patched the benchmark score was 7300.

any clue why the benchmark scores only gives me 6900 of total score?

Why can't you boot from HD? Did you install chameleon on it?

Why can't you boot from HD? Did you install chameleon on it?

hi gabriel,

yes i did install it, try chameleon, chimera 1.7, and nothing, always gives me the boot=0 error, try to go to terminal and do:

diskutil list (my hd partition is: OSX disk0s2

fdisk -e /dev/OSX/rdisk0 (and disk0)

f 2

write

y

but nothing. i´m not the only on that can not boot from HD

i think the problem for the speedstep only reports 6900 score is that i used the 10.7.0 appleworm DMG appleintelcpumanagment.ktext

tonight i´ll try the 10.7.2 AICPUM.ktext and speedsteper BETA 107.2 on the 10.7.2 upgrade to see

i want to take all the help and effort that all of us are putting on to make ours HP´s working like a real macbookPro.

hope some day that my 6770M will work :)

best regards to all

finaly have install it using chimera 1.7 and -f flag (erase disk, make 2 guid partition, first for mac second - fat partition), after install have boot with -f cpus=1 flags, have copy Extra to / and change aml to my, have install Carmalion from usb stick, reboot

it didnt boo( show boot 0: error

have boot with -v -f cpus=1 busratio=20 using usb stick

so main problem is now - what things i must do after boot to have working condition lion with out flags and usb stick

hope you help me

finaly have install it using chimera 1.7 and -f flag (erase disk, make 2 guid partition, first for mac second - fat partition), after install have boot with -f cpus=1 flags, have copy Extra to / and change aml to my, have install Carmalion from usb stick, reboot

so main problem is now - what things i must do after boot to have working condition lion with out flags and usb stick

hope you help me

you have to replace the /mach_kernel with mach_kernel 11 from apppleworm, you will find it on the first post of this topic.

best,

hi gabriel,

yes i did install it, try chameleon, chimera 1.7, and nothing, always gives me the boot=0 error, try to go to terminal and do:

diskutil list (my hd partition is: OSX disk0s2

fdisk -e /dev/OSX/rdisk0 (and disk0)

f 2

write

y

but nothing. i´m not the only on that can not boot from HD

i think the problem for the speedstep only reports 6900 score is that i used the 10.7.0 appleworm DMG appleintelcpumanagment.ktext

tonight i´ll try the 10.7.2 AICPUM.ktext and speedsteper BETA 107.2 on the 10.7.2 upgrade to see

i want to take all the help and effort that all of us are putting on to make ours HP´s working like a real macbookPro.

hope some day that my 6770M will work :)

best regards to all

Did you enable p and c states in o.c.b.p?

For Video card i've read somewhere that we have to switch it from the bios settings... (for the moment i'm happy with HD3000) but our bios is locked... only now i solved rebooting problem after modding my bios to remove whitelist :)

hope you help me

Booting without flags is possible... I tell you what i did in order to boot from HD:

Installed lion using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and after the first boot (i booted with the flags cpus=1 busratio=XX -x -v) i installed chimera from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on HD andcopied the Extra/Extensions folder fron USB with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to the Extra folder on my HD then i start tuning my system... (now i have chameleon with facetime and icloud fix ( i installed this release only to solve login problem with no success :( ))