DV6-6090xx Mac OS X Lion Install Disc

appleworm

463 posts in this topic

Sorry probably you don't understand I ask if the USB 3.0 orks fine because in my laptop it seems that works but when I plug in the USB3 port any USB key or external hard disk the system frize and I have to reset and restart.

ok, mine also frezes when i plug any usb device. Any sollutions? thanks in advance

Greetings fellow masochists. I just wanted to share a little gift with everyone-- working USB 3.0 ports on the left side of your machine. The kext can be found here.

Believe it or not, this is actually version 1.0.1 of the PXHCD.kext that debuted on [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.5(or so). It was particularly difficult to track down but it does in fact work. I don't have any USB 3.0 peripherals to test it with, but it's worked with all USB 2.0 peripherals that I've thrown at it. Functions nearly perfects except that it unmounts connected peripherals on sleep, requiring you to occasionally have to remove a usb drive and plug it back in in order to reconnect it. My bluetooth module reconnects by itself, which is good enough for me right now.

I will continue to investigate why this version works but the newer ones included on [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] do not, but I invite AppleWork and all the other bright minds of the forum to assist me. I hope this news made your day a little better because it certainly rocked mine. Enjoy.

mosamjc

Turns out I stumbled onto something without realizing until just a little while ago. I thought getting the USB 3.0 working was the result of that kext, but it turns out I was attributing the success to the wrong thing. I originally installed the 1.0.1 version friday afternoon 5 minutes before 4:00 when I got off work, restarted my machine, then got a call. After getting off the call and realizing that I was finally off work, I packed up my laptop and headed home without seeing if it worked. To make a long story short-- turns out the 1.0.1 PXHCD.kext was just a false positive, but what activates the PXHCD.kext -- be it 1.0.1 or the latest (and far better 1.0.8 in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url])-- is putting your machine to sleep when disconnected from AC, waking it back up, and then trying your USB peripherals. From that point on they should work whether you are on AC or battery.

So to reiterate-- install the latest PXHCD.kext off [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.10, restart your machine, then put it sleep when disconnected from AC. After you wake up your machine you'll be ready to use whatever USB device you want in your USB 3.0 ports.

Whit my notebook DV6-6099el I have also problems whit:

- WIFI (but I thik that I have to replace the WIFI card whit one MAC compatible)

- Internal memory card reader

- battery status detection

someone could please help me??

Thaks in advice

The Appleworm installer is buggy. But don't worry is very easy to fix. The problem is in the file com.Boot.plist is deprecated You need rename it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist and edit this file depends your hardware. Post your hardware from Windows whith AidaX64 2.0 (shareware versión works).REMEMBER post only HARDWARE report, and I try to reply whith solution.

I have dv6-6151es and use Lion full time and work 100% stable. Only not work USB 3.0, card reader and ATI (chimera bootloader support this card, Only need all users contact whith chimera developers and give the product-id and subvendor-id for support You card in the next update). Rest of hardware works fine and my Lion versión is lastest (10.7.2).

Sorry for my english, Im spanish.

And remember I not a developer, I only try diferent solutions from diferents forums and check if work or not work. If not work I try to adjust to work. ALL CREDITS FOR THE DEVELOPERS, this people work hard for give us a beautiful present, Lion on our computer. Thank You developers.

@LesGaR yo tengo éste mismo portátil (dv6-6151es) y me estoy volviendo loco. Me podrias pasar tu DSDT o decirme que flags utilizas para bootear? Y si pudieras pasarme los kext y todo lo necesario... Yo lo tengo instalado con el uniboot peto es muy inestable y da kernel panics a saco.

Si pudieras darme la informacion necesaria para instalarlo seria increible.

Muchas gracias de antemano!

Por cierto, mi correo es nothingbuttumbleweed@gmail.com por si acaso

Mil gracias!

Turns out I stumbled onto something without realizing until just a little while ago. I thought getting the USB 3.0 working was the result of that kext, but it turns out I was attributing the success to the wrong thing. I originally installed the 1.0.1 version friday afternoon 5 minutes before 4:00 when I got off work, restarted my machine, then got a call. After getting off the call and realizing that I was finally off work, I packed up my laptop and headed home without seeing if it worked. To make a long story short-- turns out the 1.0.1 PXHCD.kext was just a false positive, but what activates the PXHCD.kext -- be it 1.0.1 or the latest (and far better 1.0.8 in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url])-- is putting your machine to sleep when disconnected from AC, waking it back up, and then trying your USB peripherals. From that point on they should work whether you are on AC or battery.

So to reiterate-- install the latest PXHCD.kext off [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.10, restart your machine, then put it sleep when disconnected from AC. After you wake up your machine you'll be ready to use whatever USB device you want in your USB 3.0 ports.

hi mosamjc,

thanks for the tip, it´s a good news.

by the way my HP dosen´t wake up from sleep. Do i need to have another ktext then those that came in appleworm DMG?

thansk in advance

hi mosamjc,

thanks for the tip, it´s a good news.

by the way my HP dosen´t wake up from sleep. Do i need to have another ktext then those that came in appleworm DMG?

thansk in advance

To enable sleep on my laptop i ran speedstepper (link on the first page of this topic) , then i delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from E/E (and if u have also SleepEnabler.kext), then i added generatesPstates and generatesCstates to org.chameleon plist, rebuild the permission with kextwizard and reboot...

Let me know if it works

Bye

@LesGaR yo tengo éste mismo portátil (dv6-6151es) y me estoy volviendo loco. Me podrias pasar tu DSDT o decirme que flags utilizas para bootear? Y si pudieras pasarme los kext y todo lo necesario... Yo lo tengo instalado con el uniboot peto es muy inestable y da kernel panics a saco.

Si pudieras darme la informacion necesaria para instalarlo seria increible.

Muchas gracias de antemano!

Por cierto, mi correo es nothingbuttumbleweed@gmail.com por si acaso

Mil gracias!

Veo que ya lo tienes instalado aunque es inestable así que si no te importa vamos a estabilizar tu Lion y a empezar a trabajar desde ahi.

Pasos a seguir:

ANTES QUE NADA HAZ UN BACKUP CON TIME MACHINE para que en caso que algo no vaya bien puedas recuperar tu lion

1.- Botear con la opción "cpus=1" sin las comillas. Asi debería estabilizarse.

2.- Una vez estabilizado debes instalarte los siguientes programas (te los mando a tu correo) Kext Wizard y Chameleon Wizard.

3.- Con el programa Kext Wizard instalarte los kexts (te los mando a tu correo)

En la parte superior del programa kext wizard haces clic en la segunda opción "Instalacion" opción buscar y seleccionas todos los kext que te mando. Luego seleccionas la opción "hacer copia de seguridad" y en destino marcas Sistema/libreria/Extensions. y Clickeas en instalar. Una vez termine reinicias. ya debería funcionar correctamente.

4.- Si Todo arranca bien y ya puedes conectarte a internet reemplaza tu carpeta Extra por la que te mando y posteriormente ejecuta la aplicación Chameleon installer y actualiza tu chameleon a la ultima versión.

5.- Copia el kernel parcheado que te mando a la raíz de tu Lion (ponle el nombre que quieras, pero no sobrescribas el original). En la segunda opción del chameleon wizard "org.chameleon.boot.plist" selecciona la opción kernel y en el recuadro que hay debajo pones el nombre del kernel que has copiado anteriormente. Dale al botón save para guardar los cambios y reinicia el equipo.

6.- Ya puedes botear Lion sin la opción "cpus=1" y debería funcionarte correctamente.

OJO: los archivos que te mando son para mi ordenador, no se si funcionaran con el tuyo, si lo prefieres antes de hacer nada mandame tu dsdt y tu configuración de hardware (lo puedes sacar desde windows con el programa aida64 la versión de prueba sirve).

Espero haber sido claro con la explicación y haberte ayudado. (Soy novato en esto de postear)

Si sabes la forma de colgar los archivos que te mando en este foro dime como o hazlo por si hay alguien mas al que le hagan falta.

No puedo mandartelos por correo (pesan mas de 25mb) bajatelos de mi dropbox "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7423582/Lion.zip"

• Like 1

Hi everybody,

my laptop is HP dv6-6020el:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

WiFI: Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n [14E4-4727] [NoDB]

Video: Radeon ™ HD 6490M 1GB + Intel® HD Graphics 3000 512MB

Lan: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

USB 3.0: Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller [1033-0194] [NoDB]

Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X

could somebody help me editing my dsdt? In the attached file there are the dsdt from my pc and the one edited by Appleworm and an info file extracted from everest.

Actually i have only Lan, USB and Intel HD3000 working (No audio, no wireless, no webcam).

Thanks!

Try my dsdt, is very similar computer like you and can sleep and wake up using clamshell, usb can charge iPad and graphics cards is detected (only work hd3000) and have injection for Atheros 9825 wifi card.

For fix sound you have two options use modified VoodooHDA (I use this) or use modified appleHDA (I not use this because is old version 10.6.8) but is work.

I don't know hot to post my dsdt in this forum (I`m spanish and newbe) this is my link for my dropbox "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7423582/Lion.zip" Tell me if work better than you

@LesGaR

Gracias! Ya lo tengo. Sólo me faltan los kexts que no estaban en el archivo comprimido. Si me lo mandas por dropbox como el otro seria perfecto!

De todas formas voy a hacer una instalación desde cero. Si lo e entendido bien, una vez instalado queda una instalación limpia, sólo es cuestión de iniciar con ésta opción, instalar lo kexts necesarios, la dsdt, el custom kernel y el boot.chameleon.org.plist con la ultima version del chameleon no? Perfecto!!

Muchisimas gracias!!

PD: Cuando puedas, sube los kexts porfavor!!

Mil gracias.

To enable sleep on my laptop i ran speedstepper (link on the first page of this topic) , then i delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from E/E (and if u have also SleepEnabler.kext), then i added generatesPstates and generatesCstates to org.chameleon plist, rebuild the permission with kextwizard and reboot...

Let me know if it works

Bye

thank you so much. i´ll try it when i arrive home and reply if everything worked.

by da way my beenchmark score is 7290

i have a

i7 Quad core 2.0mhz, i´ll try sleep if it changes my score. thansk in advance

Guys i still have the problem, restored appleworm DMG from inside Leopard VM onto usb and installed chameleon to usb, booted to usb but then after a while got Still waiting for root device. Any solution??? and i have the EXACT same model as Appleworm, DV6 6090, 8GB RAM, i7-2630QM, ATI 6770m and 1336x768 res. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! :D

Try my dsdt, is very similar computer like you and can sleep and wake up using clamshell, usb can charge iPad and graphics cards is detected (only work hd3000) and have injection for Atheros 9825 wifi card.

For fix sound you have two options use modified VoodooHDA (I use this) or use modified appleHDA (I not use this because is old version 10.6.8) but is work.

I don't know hot to post my dsdt in this forum (I`m spanish and newbe) this is my link for my dropbox "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7423582/Lion.zip" Tell me if work better than you

Thanks for the info, anyway i solved my problem installing a lion release using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Audio works by using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] AppleHDArollback combined with AppleACPIPlatform.kext of snow leopard. I tried this solution that permitted me also to enable Volume slider sound that with voodooHDA was constantly high, and to use correctly also mic, both headphones that switch audio automatically when i plug them in (before, i had to go in the system config/sound to switch between speaker and headphones).

Voodoobattery made my battery works properly... Sleep and speedstep enabled as i explained before in this topic...

No DSDT edited for the moment, but everything seems to work properly but SDCardReader and USB3: I have to put pc in sleep and then wake it up to make usb3 working otherwise OS freeze, but when i do this no webcam is detected by photobooth or facetime, it seems like a power management problem, but i still don't know how to solve it.

For everyone who want to try to mod the INSYDE BIOS this is what you will have under MacOS and everytime u will enter the bios and modify something under Win7:

To make wifi working i changed the pci card (AR9285) and modded this f***in' bios (NEVER AGAIN AN INSYDE BIOS PC!!!!!!!), but everytime i restart or shut down i have to remove all the batteries (main and Bios) and ac adapter and wait about 20 seconds to make pc works again (when it restarts bios will show you a nice 502 checksum error and reboot normally), still waiting for a solution...

If you have some idea on how to solve these problems pls let me know

Thx

G.

@fluxo try also MRSDumper.kext to see if the steps are working properly and search the web to see an average benchmark score of a system with similar hardware as yours

Thanks for the info, anyway i solved my problem installing a lion release using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Audio works by using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] AppleHDArollback combined with AppleACPIPlatform.kext of snow leopard. I tried this solution that permitted me also to enable Volume slider sound that with voodooHDA was constantly high, and to use correctly also mic, both headphones that switch audio automatically when i plug them in (before, i had to go in the system config/sound to switch between speaker and headphones).

Voodoobattery made my battery works properly... Sleep and speedstep enabled as i explained before in this topic...

No DSDT edited for the moment, but everything seems to work properly but SDCardReader and USB3: I have to put pc in sleep and then wake it up to make usb3 working otherwise OS freeze, but when i do this no webcam is detected by photobooth or facetime, it seems like a power management problem, but i still don't know how to solve it.

For everyone who want to try to mod the INSYDE BIOS this is what you will have under MacOS and everytime u will enter the bios and modify something under Win7:

To make wifi working i changed the pci card (AR9285) and modded this f***in' bios (NEVER AGAIN AN INSYDE BIOS PC!!!!!!!), but everytime i restart or shut down i have to remove all the batteries (main and Bios) and ac adapter and wait about 20 seconds to make pc works again (when it restarts bios will show you a nice 502 checksum error and reboot normally), still waiting for a solution...

If you have some idea on how to solve these problems pls let me know

Thx

G.

@fluxo try also MRSDumper.kext to see if the steps are working properly and search the web to see an average benchmark score of a system with similar hardware as yours

I think not explained correctly. I try to edit ONLY subsystem-id like original AR9825 (103c:3388) for bypass whitelist because is same that original hp Wifi module. And inject in dsdt the correct subsystem-id for Lion recognize this wifi module WHITOUT edit any next.

This are my progress:

1.- Dump eeprom SUCCES

2.- Edit eeprom like original hp AR9825 SUCCES

3.- Flash eeprom FAIL

4.- Edit dsdt to inject correct id to boot Lion WHITOUT edit ANY kext SUCCES

Whats is the problem ... I think

The software i used for dump and write EEPROM (atheros dump for 9k )is INCOMPLETE. I can FLASH eeprom whith 312kb(half eeprom) not possible flash eeprom complete (512kb).

I'm not a developer, not an programmer and the author of software is russian and not reply my posts.

I'm very closer ti fix, but I can't have more....

I now this fix work because I try with old broad com module (full pci, not half pci like ar9825) and works.

Hello,

At first, thanks for your work. Can you please reupload ist ? Megaupload is down ... :/

greets DavidB3

I think you don't need all, you only Lion image and replace kernel (for kernel pached) and extra folder (more or less 100mb )