Motherboard: Rampage III Black Edition

Ram: 6gb Corsair 1600mhz

GPU: SLI GTX 480

Any idea?

While Chameleon is charging says me: ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml

Thanks!

It works perfectly ! THANKS !

My hardware is:

SSD (Windows) - HDD (MacOS 10.7.2) => Multiboot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (Chimera).

i7 920

Asus P6T

12Go Ram DDR3

nVidia GTX 580 (1920x1080 + 1440x900)

Try set MacPro3,1 instead of MacPro5,1

Fabio

Fabio,

I get exactly the same kp with MacPro 3,1. I have seen that if i put ACPI APIC Enabled, i don't get this kp, but still in:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

IOAPIC:Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111

Maybe the issue is for this parameter? Only happens with my motherboard?

Thank you

Fabio,

I get exactly the same kp with MacPro 3,1. I have seen that if i put ACPI APIC Enabled, i don't get this kp, but still in:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

IOAPIC:Version 0x20 Vectors 88:111

Maybe the issue is for this parameter? Only happens with my motherboard?

Thank you

Try deleting the DSDT...

I "build" your DSDT as "generic" because the info about your mobo are... missed/not provided

Probably w/o it you are able to start... when you are into the system post your IOReg.

Fabio

PS pls guys add yours specs in yours signature!

Fine! thx Fabio without DSDT i can enter in installation.

Here have ioreg's i don't know what u want so i have done all. Now, with ioreg you will be able to do a correct DSDT?

I must say that if i don't unplug one of my gpu's the screen still white in installation...

Pls use IORegistryExplorer.app for the IOReg dump

for the GFX... one problem at time.. ;)

Fabio

Hi!

I have some problems:

-I have to unplug 1 GPU

-I have to boot since USB because i don't know why when i try to boot with HD the screen still black.

-When i try to boot into Mac OS X a BSD appears: img04621q.th.jpg

I can't do the dump because i can't boot into Mac OS X. The IOreg that i have send was done with installation terminal.

Thanks, sorry for my english.

You are able to execute this command?

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

This create a DSDT.aml into your desktop

Fabio

May I ask for some help please? I've followed the guide and I've installed Lion on my ASUS P6TSE. It works well but I haven't been able to get any sound output devices.

I tried installing the kexts appleHDA and voodooHDA which helped get sound on 10.6.x but it doesn't seem to help on 10.7.

Did anyone have another kext or workaround solution?

The motherboard P6T Deluxe V2 (I see your signature) mount a AD2000B audio controller... NOT an ALC892...

So "probably" you use a incorrect DSDT or the part relate to HDEF (AUDIO) into your DSDT are incorrect...

Suggestion: from the second post in this guide download the DSDT for your motherboard, and run Recreandae to fix the "untouched" AppleHDA.kext

Fabio

i still dont understand what Recreandae is. How do i run this? What is it? Do I have to re-install everything?

i still dont understand what Recreandae is. How do i run this? What is it? Do I have to re-install everything?

When you update from a 10.7 to 10.7.2 your configuration "lost" al the patch applied...

Recreandae do this:

After a combo update (before restart the machine) run Recreandae like Lionize, and your recently updated system is patched again.

Note: In some case the system need extra maintance... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267001&view=findpost&p=1766702

Fabio

Might as well make my first post. Thank you for all the awesome support! In my case I did things a little differently on my Asus P6T Deluxe v2. I made a bootable Lion installer with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] according to this tutorial http://tonymacx86.bl...ion-using.html. Then I went on with the installation and once that was done I ran [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] just to install the bootloader, the corresponding user DSDT for my motherboard found in the beginning of this topic and I needed ps2 keyboard support so I needed to apply ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nb too. After that's done I ran Recreandae and followed the instructions. After boot everything works perfectly. Thanks!

Hey guys.. wondering if anyone else is having this problem..

Had a lion 10.7.2 working fine with three monitors on two video cards (thanks to Fabio's great DSDT custom edit)

Just had problems with iCloud. I had app store and QE/CI working.

I upgraded to

itunes 10.5.2

iphoto 9.2.1

safari 5.1.2

and a handful of other applications

The boot screen starts on screen one.. and then when osx is fully loaded can only use screen 2 and 3.

Now when I quick look at file.. osx fails and just goes black.

Launchpad through magic mouse shortcut also makes the mac fail.

All jpq and png editors make osx fail.

I updated chameleon, reinstalled custom DSDT (worked on 10.7.1 upgrade). Still having the same problems.

I can't make heads or tails of the errors from console and nothing comes up on google.

Can anyone help me diagnose my problem and find a fix???

Any help would be appreciated.

This is such a great tool!

The Lionize process is slick and painless, but I am getting an error that says "Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused" then the dreaded "Still waiting for root device" when I boot from my USB. THis occurs directly after the USB devices are initialized in the boot process.

I have tried different USB ports and have even made the EFI partition on the USB bootable with a direct boot-uuid call. The same error occurs. I am trying to perform the method from DVD to rule out a USB issue, will check back.

Thanks.

-Ben

EDIT: for anyone still having 'still waiting for root device' issue on the USB boot, I solved this by deleting the AppleTyMCE.kext from the S/L/E folder on the USB Boot drive.

Now the installer initializes just fine!

Still unable to install on my Snow Leopard drive as it says "this disk doesnt support OS X boot" or something in the disk selection window, but working on that :)

EDIT2: ok! up and running. For anyone who has reformatted their EFI system partition to use as a backup/primary place to store your /Extra/Extensions and other mods, under Snow Leopard, and are getting the message in the Lion installer that your SL disk is unable to boot OS X, you have to get the gdisk tool and change the identifier of the partition to be EFI, instead of HFS+. This post says how. Those of you who use this method should always keep a backup /Extra folder on your normal OSX boot disk, as I believe a Disk Repair in Lion reformats the EFI partition as FAT32

Surprised others hadnt posted solutions for these before (or i missed them)! I installed 10.7.2 into the BOX folder and am up to date :)

thanks ErmaC <3

This is such an -awesome- guide.

Installed on the config in my signature. Took a few trys (new and all) to get the graphics card enabled, and the AGPM set up the way I wanted.

One thing of note, and I'm not sure everyone will have this problem, but, when I first installed, my cinebench scores were approximately HALF of what they should be. I figured it was due to the problems I had with the graphics. Spent a few days tweaking and mucking about.

Figured out, that it wasnt my GPU that was hampering my system, my CPU score was TERRRRRIBLE!

A few google searches later, I saw that I should add the following to my ocBp file

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Now the system performs as good, if not better than windows 7. Cinebench scores are exactly where they should be, and the entire system seems MUCH snappier.

This is such an -awesome- guide.

Installed on the config in my signature. Took a few trys (new and all) to get the graphics card enabled, and the AGPM set up the way I wanted.

One thing of note, and I'm not sure everyone will have this problem, but, when I first installed, my cinebench scores were approximately HALF of what they should be. I figured it was due to the problems I had with the graphics. Spent a few days tweaking and mucking about.

Figured out, that it wasnt my GPU that was hampering my system, my CPU score was TERRRRRIBLE!

A few google searches later, I saw that I should add the following to my ocBp file

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Now the system performs as good, if not better than windows 7. Cinebench scores are exactly where they should be, and the entire system seems MUCH snappier.

You didn't have EIST and C-States enabled in bios ? Those would have done the same thing.

• Like 1

So I'm trying to run the lionize installer and it seems to freeze/halt at

"Installer: Package name is Chamelon 2.1 r1687"

"Installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System

Simply does not go any further.. Any ideas?

I'm basically trying to do this on a Macbook Pro running Lion... Can I not? as the instructions say I need a system that has Snow Leopard? I'm confused.

What's the best/simplest way to install Lion Dualboot on my desktop (Rampage III Extreme, i7 980x, GTX580)

_______ UPDATE

So Lionize finally completed.. BUT.. now that I try to BOOT from the flash on my desktop it doesn't get past the Apple logo (grey screen) !?

** IN fact if anyone can walk me through setup of Dualboot on my Desktop via Skype I'll paypal them $80 bucks. (for a 100% working install)

Still no luck, [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] at least boots me into a Lion install but then throws up some errors when I try to reboot into Lion off the USB..

This one, won't even install Lion.. Just hangs at the grey apple logo in the middle of the screen!

Well no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get the installer to actually work.

I boot with the stick, it goes to a bright gray screen with a white apple logo in the middle; then nothing happens. It simply stays there. If anyone could actually point me into the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. :/