[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

I wanted to update to 10.7.2 (curently on 10.7.1), but honestly, is it worth the trouble? Should i just update and run Recrendae? Is that enough? (my ati is working without anything extra)

You will have to update sooner or later anyway, why not now? Update, Recrendae and the vsdbutil command as described in Fabio's post. The kext move thing seems to have been automated in the Recrendae script, so no need for that.

I did not have an extra partition to boot from, so I created a bootable external hard disk using SuperDuper and Chimera. After completion the only issue I noticed was a hang when I tried to empty the recycle bin or open any applications. I did a touch S/L/E and rebooted and everything was fine.

Safari/Flash player seems to be back to normal after the update, it's no longer hogging cpu.

Using the guide at the beginning of this thread I now have a stable 10.7.1.

I want to update to 10.7.2 but want to make sure I have the right method.

Can I just run the combo updater and then run recrendae after it's installed? (but before restarting?)

Is that all I need to do? Or do I need to start from a fresh partition again and put the combo 10.7.2 updater into the BOX folder in Lionize?

Using the guide at the beginning of this thread I now have a stable 10.7.1.

I want to update to 10.7.2 but want to make sure I have the right method.

Can I just run the combo updater and then run recrendae after it's installed? (but before restarting?)

Is that all I need to do? Or do I need to start from a fresh partition again and put the combo 10.7.2 updater into the BOX folder in Lionize?

Just run the updater and let it restart, it will still boot. After recrendae I think you have to run the vsdbutil command from a different partition (or from an old install CD or bootable USB). Always make sure you have a verified backup before upgrading just in case!

I will update this guide soon...

Fabio

Hi ErmaC (nice name btw :)) thanks for your hard work, I now have Lion installed on a P6T Deluxe V2, i7 920, 560Ti

Only problem I'm having is if I use the DSDT on page 1, OS X crashes on Boot.

Without it, I can boot and get correct res (by adding 0x1200 to NVDA100) but I dont have sound or Ethernet.

Have you seen this before?

How do I go about getting my DSDT edited?

Thanks again,

Sam (mr_kratz)

Hi ErmaC (nice name btw :() thanks for your hard work, I now have Lion installed on a P6T Deluxe V2, i7 920, 560Ti

Only problem I'm having is if I use the DSDT on page 1, OS X crashes on Boot.

Without it, I can boot and get correct res (by adding 0x1200 to NVDA100) but I dont have sound or Ethernet.

Have you seen this before?

How do I go about getting my DSDT edited?

Thanks again,

Sam (mr_kratz)

Post your IOREG dumped with IORegistryExplorer.app

we can see what we can do. :D

Fabio

Hey Fabio, I've attached a copy of the IOREG dump as requested :(

Let me know if you need any more info.

Many thanks,

Sam

I try inject your gfx into the dsdt...

but I need to know the specifics of your card... the IOREG is poor...

Fabio

I try inject your gfx into the dsdt...

but I need to know the specifics of your card... the IOREG is poor...

Fabio

Thanks for looking, my system is as follows:

P6T Deluxe V2

i7 920

6GB Ram

Asus Geforce 560Ti Direct CU II TOP (1024mb)

Without DSDT GFX is working fine after editing the NVDAGF100HAL kext.

I'm more concerned about getting audio and network working correctly, but it would be nice to run the system as vanilla as possible of course :(

Also, if the processor is set in DSDT, am I able to overclock still?

I've attached a copy of my current chameleon boot.plist file with EFI string included for GFX card.

Again, your help is much appreciated :D

Sam

org.chameleon.Boot.zip

Thanks for looking, my system is as follows:

P6T Deluxe V2

i7 920

6GB Ram

Asus Geforce 560Ti Direct CU II TOP (1024mb)

Without DSDT GFX is working fine after editing the NVDAGF100HAL kext.

I'm more concerned about getting audio and network working correctly, but it would be nice to run the system as vanilla as possible of course :)

Also, if the processor is set in DSDT, am I able to overclock still?

I've attached a copy of my current chameleon boot.plist file with EFI string included for GFX card.

Again, your help is much appreciated :)

Sam

I see "confusion" inside your o.c.B.p ... why a EFI strings for the gfx and also a GraphicsEnabler=Yes???

This things make crazy the "things"..

Anyway use this DSDT w/o GraphicsEnabler and w/o EFI Strings... and of course you can run in 64bit mode..

Fabio

I see "confusion" inside your o.c.B.p ... why a EFI strings for the gfx and also a GraphicsEnabler=Yes???

This things make crazy the "things"..

Anyway use this DSDT w/o GraphicsEnabler and w/o EFI Strings... and of course you can run in 64bit mode..

Fabio

OK, I removed the EFI String and the GraphicsEnabler sections from the ocBp file and added the DSDT file.

Still KP on boot, just booted with -v and the KEXTs being highlighted in the backtrace are AppleACPIPlatform IOAPCIFamily and AppleSMBIOS.

Any idea why this may be happening?

If not, I'll rebuild the machine from scratch using your step by step guide (I used rBoot and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] last time) and apply the DSDT before making any more changes.

This way at least we have a 'clean slate' to start with, so diagnosing may be simpler :)

Thanks again,

Sam

OK, I removed the EFI String and the GraphicsEnabler sections from the ocBp file and added the DSDT file.

Still KP on boot, just booted with -v and the KEXTs being highlighted in the backtrace are AppleACPIPlatform IOAPCIFamily and AppleSMBIOS.

Any idea why this may be happening?

If not, I'll rebuild the machine from scratch using your step by step guide (I used rBoot and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] last time) and apply the DSDT before making any more changes.

This way at least we have a 'clean slate' to start with, so diagnosing may be simpler :)

Thanks again,

Sam

If you make a clean install can you use that DSDT (it have your gfx injected) so just make sure to "disable" GraphicsEnabler when you boot from the USB...

Fabio

So I got everything running on Lion 10.7.2, except sleep. It refuses to work. Normally putting my mac to sleep will result in either:

> Turning the box back on and being presented with a black screen

> Turning back on and Finder crashing pretty much instantly.

Also, on an unrelated note, any ideas on getting the second dvi connector to work on a GTX 470? Im getting fed up of one of my screens not working.

IORegDump.ioreg.zip

So I got everything running on Lion 10.7.2, except sleep. It refuses to work. Normally putting my mac to sleep will result in either:

> Turning the box back on and being presented with a black screen

> Turning back on and Finder crashing pretty much instantly.

Also, on an unrelated note, any ideas on getting the second dvi connector to work on a GTX 470? Im getting fed up of one of my screens not working.

bottswana

try this DSDT instead your.

Fabio

bottswana

try this DSDT instead your.

Fabio

I tried that, rebooted. Started up fine.

Tried sleep, Computer came on. Turned itself back off

Turned it on with the power button, kernel panicked with 'cpu4 caller'

Had to boot into windows and switch to the old dsdt before I could boot in again

Hey all!

I'm taking my first spin on OSX86 with much earnest and this guide in hand. I'm running into problems with my (I'm pretty sure) video cards. I'm running 2 XFX Radeon HD 4890's, one monitor a piece. IF I boot from USB, and choose the USB to boot from in verbose mode, I get:

" Memory allocation error! Addr=0xdeadbeef, Size=0x0, File=ati.c, Line=950

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!! "

Rebooted with "GraphicsEnabler=No" to only be stuck at the loading screen until eventually a crossed circle symbol came over the Apple logo in the center. This same screen stayed until I shut down over 5 minutes later.

My system specs are in my sig and any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Khepira

Hey all!

I'm taking my first spin on OSX86 with much earnest and this guide in hand. I'm running into problems with my (I'm pretty sure) video cards. I'm running 2 XFX Radeon HD 4890's, one monitor a piece. IF I boot from USB, and choose the USB to boot from in verbose mode, I get:

" Memory allocation error! Addr=0xdeadbeef, Size=0x0, File=ati.c, Line=950

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!! "

Rebooted with "GraphicsEnabler=No" to only be stuck at the loading screen until eventually a crossed circle symbol came over the Apple logo in the center. This same screen stayed until I shut down over 5 minutes later.

My system specs are in my sig and any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Khepira

I can only suggest you to unmount the second card and do the installation...

I'm no good with DSDT injection for ATI card... looks like the problem is this.... the bootloader don't manage two or more GFX... maybe I'm wrong.

So you can boot/install with one gfx make "the right" adjustment (custom kext? no idea) and after this try to get work the second card.

Fabio

I have been reading this forum about getting 10.7.2 installed but most of what I have read has to do with updating from stable 10.7.1.

I have been running 10.7.0 since LION came out but I need to reinstall since I have switched some hard drives around and got a new one.

My question is can I reinstall with 10.7.2 COMBO UPDATE in the lionize BOX folder? If so are the steps the same or is there more to it? I don't have another partition running osx to run the vsbutil command.

How should I go about this or should I just run 10.7.1 for now?

THANKS!

My System: P6T V2, GTX 260, I7 920

I have been reading this forum about getting 10.7.2 installed but most of what I have read has to do with updating from stable 10.7.1.

I have been running 10.7.0 since LION came out but I need to reinstall since I have switched some hard drives around and got a new one.

My question is can I reinstall with 10.7.2 COMBO UPDATE in the lionize BOX folder? If so are the steps the same or is there more to it? I don't have another partition running osx to run the vsbutil command.

How should I go about this or should I just run 10.7.1 for now?

THANKS!

My System: P6T V2, GTX 260, I7 920

NO GO!

When loading from the usb drive on first boot it loads the apple silver logo screen and after a few minutes it comes up with a 0 and a slash through it and will act like it's loading forever. So I cannot get into the setup screen.

I will try 10.7.1 in the BOX folder instead and see where I get.

UPDATE: No go again. Trying in verbose mode to see if I can find out what is hanging it.

UPDATE 2: Verbose mode keeps repeating "Still waiting for root device"

UPDATE 3: So after hours of messing with it I finally figured it out. I re-downloaded lion from the app store to have the .app file and finally figured out that when you do that it re-downloads the newest 10.7.2. So I went back in my files and found my original 10.7.0 and all is well. Updated to 10.7.1 after the install and everything is good now.

10.7.2 is next but worried about trying that at this point until more info comes.

Hey, just wanted to toss some major kudos your way. Lion has never worked better for me than it does now, albeit with a few minor issues. That said I do have a few questions.

My system config is as follows:

ASUS P6X58D-E

4 GB RAM (G-Skill)

Sapphire Radeon 5750 (NOT the Vapor-X) 1024MB

I was using ####### setup, but it was not designed for this mobo. Your method worked like a champ by comparison, save for the usual lack of HDMI audio from the Radeon card. I also had trouble with AppleHDA if I made even the slightest change to the system.

When I switched to Lionize everything seemed to work fine EXCEPT:

1. Backpanel audio is present and working. However front panel HD Audio is nonfunctional and no longer listed.

2. I installed with the 10.7.2 App Store Download. The system will only boot if GenerateCStates, GeneratePStates and EhternetBuiltIn are present in o.c.B.p. Not crucial, per se, just more of a curiosity than anything.

3. HDMI Audio is a necessity, but I'm willing to do that work myself. As long as HDEF is present in the DSDT I should be fine.

EDIT: Oh, and it reversed the scroll wheel on my Logitech Wireless Mouse. :lol:

If it helps, I've attached my IOREG and Boot.plist. Many thanks in advance for any help provided.

Archive.zip

update to 10.7.2 has broken my install on p6td deluxe

both system update or update combo

system hangs on load

is there a special route i should go? didnt see anywhere any needed steps.

thanks

ps: can any possible future update combos be inserted into BOX folder?

update to 10.7.2 has broken my install on p6td deluxe

both system update or update combo

system hangs on load

is there a special route i should go? didnt see anywhere any needed steps.

thanks

ps: can any possible future update combos be inserted into BOX folder?

I try several ways to include the combo 10.7.2... but no lucky...

I repost what I do to get work my OS X Lion after a 10.7.2 Combo update...

----------

1) You need an existing OSX to Repair/move rebuild cache ecc...

2) Update your Lion 10.7.0 or 10.7.1 to 10.7.2

3) Run Recreandae (from Lionize 1.06)--> Here

4) Reboot into a old OSX (ex: Snow or Leopard or other Lion)

5) Open terminal and enter in sudo mode

sudo -s

enter your admin password

now

vsdbutil -i /Volumes/the_name_of_your_Lion_partition

6) Now I suggest to move FakeSMC from Extra/Extensions to S/L/E

For this you can use Kext Wizard

(In my case I move also AppleVIAATA.Kext)

now remove that file from Extra/Extensions (Of course we talk about the Lion partition)

Always from Kext utitlity now we can rebuild the cache and repair disk permission..

this take some time...

7) ok exit from sudo mode (Terminal)

exit

This work for me..

Fabio

I try several ways to include the combo 10.7.2... but no lucky...

I repost what I do to get work my OS X Lion after a 10.7.2 Combo update...

----------

1) You need an existing OSX to Repair/move rebuild cahce ecc...

2) Update your Lion 10.7.0 or 10.7.1 to 10.7.2

3) Run Recreandae (from Lionize 1.06)--> Here <--

4) Reboot into a old OSX (ex: Snow or Leopard or other Lion)

5) Open terminal and enter in sudo mode

sudo -s

enter your admin password

now

vsdbutil -i /Volumes/the_name_of_your_Lion_partition

6) Now I suggest to move FakeSMC from Extra/Extensions to S/L/E

For this you can use Kext utility

(In my case I move also AppleVIAATA.Kext)

now remove that file from Extra/Extensions (Of course we talk about the Lion partition)

Always from Kext utitlity now we can rebuild the cache and repair disk permission..

this take some time...

7) ok exit from sudo mode (Terminal)

exit

This work for me..

Fabio

Hm. Odd that mine worked almost seamlessly from the 10.7.2 app with some tweaks to ocBp. Maybe it's just the P6X58D-E DSDT?