[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Well no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get the installer to actually work.

I boot with the stick, it goes to a bright gray screen with a white apple logo in the middle; then nothing happens. It simply stays there. If anyone could actually point me into the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. :/

Did you try -v -x in chameleon?

Hi

Configuration: P6T Deluxe V2, i7 950, bios 1202, nVidia 9800 GTX, Seagate ST32000542AS (2TB), Corsair 12GB RAM, BD-RE BH08LS20, DRW-20B1LT, 5 additional HDs, Adaptec 1220 Raid Controller

I'm a long time linux user, new to Apple world. I Also have a Mac Mini connected to my home theater system (I use it as a giant iPod ;-)).

Wich is the best way for me to install my first hackintosh?

I was thinking in connect my disk to my Mac Mini via a USB adapter, run all the process described in your guide and then put the disk back to my p6t. That will work?

Forgot to ask: my linux bootloader (grub) is able to boot Lion? (works fine with any flavour of windows)

Configuration: P6T Deluxe V2, i7 950, bios 1202, nVidia 9800 GTX, Seagate ST32000542AS (2TB), Corsair 12GB RAM, BD-RE BH08LS20, DRW-20B1LT, 5 additional HDs, Adaptec 1220 Raid Controller

I'm a long time linux user, new to Apple world. I Also have a Mac Mini connected to my home theater system (I use it as a giant iPod ;-)).

Wich is the best way for me to install my first hackintosh?

I was thinking in connect my disk to my Mac Mini via a USB adapter, run all the process described in your guide and then put the disk back to my p6t. That will work?

Forgot to ask: my linux bootloader (grub) is able to boot Lion? (works fine with any flavour of windows)

You have a lot of option to install Lion on your board using "lionize" method....

example:

1) you are a linux user... maybe you can virtualize an OSX version on your x58 mobo and run lionize...

2) you can create your USB from your real Macmini...

3) you can install a previus version of OS X (like Leo or Snow) and again create the lionize process...

4)...

5)...

about GRUB...

I suggest you to use a separate and independent Hard Disk for OS X and install chameleon or his derivates on it...

so you still preserve your boots tools...

Best regards

Fabio

PLS add your hardware in signature.

I'm having issues with getting this to work on my system. Basically I'm getting the little spinning disk on the boot logo (see the attached image).

I'm running a P6T (non-deluxe, non-SE). I have Snow Leopard running on it successfully.

I have tried and was able to install the iATKOS_L2 but I'm having some minor issues, so I wanted to see if this install would work or be more compatible.

I selected the P6T option, the Lionize script seemed to work as intended.

I'm not sure where to start looking how what could be the culprit

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

post-521432-0-80934900-1326903644_thumb.jpg

I'm having issues with getting this to work on my system. Basically I'm getting the little spinning disk on the boot logo (see the attached image).

I'm running a P6T (non-deluxe, non-SE). I have Snow Leopard running on it successfully.

Your mobo is a P6T

and the rest of the hardware? GFX?

Guys add it in signature!

(this help you and me)

Fabio

I think I got around the issue - not entirely sure why but when I add the -v boot flag, it booted up into the installer.

CPU intel core i7-930

Nvidia GTX 260,

6gb of ram

OWC SSD (to be my boot drive)

500 gb hard drive (which has Snow Leopard on it)

I'll add my hardware to my sig shortly.

I'm still have problems. I ran the isntall, rebooted (with chameleon verbose mode on) and I get the error that is attached to the screen shot.

Looks like it could be related to AppleUSBCDC, AppleHDAWidget or some sort of ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

post-521432-0-40972700-1326910655_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder if I should try to create the USB thumb drive on my Mac Mini and not on my Core i7 hackintosh that is running SL. That is, perhaps the install scripts grabbed some files/kexts from the hackintosh that is causing the problem. By using my Mac Mini, any customized files will be the result of the lionize script.

I'll try this later tonight when I have chance and respond back as to the success/failure of this attempt.

Hi!

First of, thanks for all the great help in this thread!

I succeeded to install 10.7 following this guide. Than I just ran the combo update 10.7.2 from apple.com and run Recrendae. I got very excited because everything is working good, sound, graphics, sleep, everything.

Than I run geekbench x64 and got a score of 9008, in my previous SL install I got at least 12000-13000 with no OC. Seems like speed step don't work since CPU-X just shows 2672 MHz in "core speed" while running geekbench.

During the install I picked everything right. The only thing I'm not sure of is Mac pro model, I did chose 4,1 though.

Any ideas would be very appreciated? :wink2:

Sorry for bad English!

*EDIT* I also restored all my timemachine data from the SL system as soon as I made sure lione was stable, If that can have something to do with it. But i shouldnt right? *EDIT*

hey guys i am having issues with installation.

Trying to install with the -v npci=0x2000 option and i am getting the following error.

photo.JPG

My system is as follows:

Cpu: Core i7 920

MB: Asus P6T WS Pro

GFX: Nvidea GTX480

RAM: 12gb

I tried lionize with the patched dsdt for my motherboard.

I am also having the same issue as chlywly, when I try to boot, it comes up with the gray background and apple logo and just stays like that. I have tried -v -x and that didn't seem to work, all it came up with was "[ pci configuration begin ]" and then did not continue. What is the best possible way to get it working?

Thanks

So I've tried a few things today and still none work for me, I first tried "-v npci=0x2000" which let me boot till the apple logo on gray background with the spinning logo but did not work. I then tried deleting AppleTyMCE.kext and that let me install via "-v npci=0x2000" but when I did the ./finalize command it said that AppleTyMCE.kext was missing. I then tried booting with the HDD and it came up with a couple of "Boot: Test" messages but the last one said "Boot: Error" or something like that. I'm not sure this would be the reason. I have AHCI enabled and I can't see why it isn't still working for me. Other than that why would this be happening? I tried the same with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installation tutorial and it let me boot into the installation and install to the partition "Lion" on my 3TB HDD but [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] nor Chameleon recognized the installation. If anyone could please help me I would really appreciate it.

I've just finished the hardware for my second hack; ASUS Sabertooth x58 I7-960 8G DDR3 PNY DDRV-258

My first install, thanks to Blackosx was based upon Chameleon RC3 on the hard drive. As i'm still using the original HDs for this install I wish to modify the original Chameleon settings.

What BIOS settings should I use for the X58?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help. I've had a perfect working Lion install using this method (after a few helping hands from Fabio!) but last night I put the computer to sleep just like normal and now it won't boot up again.

It stops at the moment the loading circle shows up. Sometimes a partial kernel panic message appears but not always. If I do a -v -x it goes right through the loading of all the kexts etc but stops at the next stage.

I've attached a file of the last stage it stops at.

Is anyone able to help?

photo.JPG

Guys,

Hi, was wondering if I could get some help I've used "[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]" to install Lion on my Asus P6T6 WS Revolution and using the nVidia 9800GT graphics card with an i7 processor. Issue I am getting is that I cannot get Lion to boot off the partition, the error I am getting is :

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: GPT

boot0: error_

I suspect that the partition is not active - if that is the case how wuld I make it active ? All help appriciated -

Just another point anyone have all the MOBO KEXT's that they can share with me, I have got my Graphics card working stock (no Kexts needed) but sound and Network are prooving to be an issue.. all help much appriciated.

Thaks Jag

Hi, was wondering if I could get some help I've used "[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]" to install Lion on my Asus P6T6 WS Revolution and using the nVidia 9800GT graphics card with an i7 processor. Issue I am getting is that I cannot get Lion to boot off the partition, the error I am getting is :

Here we discuss about the "Lionize" method...

No idea about other method.

Fabio

Fabio do you have any idea what might have happened to my Lionize install? Two posts up...

I tried booting into the USB device and I get the same problem so something might be wrong with the boot record?

One thing that happened was I removed a USB stick just after I sent the computer to sleep.. that was the last time I could use it :(

Please help!

One thing that happened was I removed a USB stick just after I sent the computer to sleep.. that was the last time I could use it :(

Make sure your BIOS settings are the same...

or try repair disk permission from other OS X working partition...

Fabio

I've made no changes to the BIOS settings, so they should be the same as they were when it was working? Or is it possible something reset somehow?

I don't have a working partition -- neither of the partitions (and the USB boot drive I created at the beginning of this method) boot up and they all stop at the same place :(

Fabio, I've checked over the BIOS settings -- all are as they were before the problem.

I took the drive out and put it in an enclosure and I can read the disk fine from another computer. However I can't repair permissions on it unless it's the startup disk?

However as I said I also cannot boot up on the USB drive I created as part of the Lionize method.

Is there some way I can fix the boot record (or something)?

I solved the problem!

I have absolutely no idea how. As someone who works as a developer, not knowing how I fixed something frustrates the hell out of me.

Sorry if the same thing happened to you and you are looking for answers. But If it has, ask and I will hopefully have something helpful to add.