[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

Hi Fabio,

I updated from a stable 10.7.1 (after using this method) to 10.7.2 by mistake and now the sound stopped working, and perhaps things aren't running as well as they could be.

How do I get the sound to work again? Do I need to run recrendae again?

Hi Fabio,

I updated from a stable 10.7.1 (after using this method) to 10.7.2 by mistake and now the sound stopped working, and perhaps things aren't running as well as they could be.

How do I get the sound to work again? Do I need to run recrendae again?

Make a backup then...

Run recreandae and... "recreate" (or if you still have the lionized USB) run again the "finalized" script

If the AppleHDA is untouched probably this thing will be fixed...

Also use the USB boot purpose for fix permission cahce etc... is a command line job I know but it can work.

Fabio

Make a backup then...

Run recreandae and... "recreate" (or if you still have the lionized USB) run again the "finalized" script

If the AppleHDA is untouched probably this thing will be fixed...

Also use the USB boot purpose for fix permission cahce etc... is a command line job I know but it can work.

Fabio

So running recreandae will reset everything and do a new install? Is better then to just run "finalize" then no?

Do I have to boot into Lion from the USB to run finalize?

Clean install with 10.7.1 is okay, however when I upgrade to 10.7.2, the boot process hangs on "still waiting for root device".

Tried most of the solutions proposed here but can't seem to find a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Fabio,

Sorry to repeat the post guys...

I just create the USB boot with LIONIZE e the install hangs on "Still waiting for root device".

I purchase from app store and i believe the version is 10.7.2. You believe that's is the reason for the problem?

I'm installing on a new SSD Vertex 3 120GB connect to port 1 without any other driver, just one video card XFX 5770 1GB...

Any ideas? Look the picture bellow.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate...

photo2.jpg

Your problem is...

two gfx card...

The bootloader manage only one GFX,

So unplug one.

(You need a Efi strings or *SDT injection)

Fabio

I have unplugged the other video card before I start the whole process, the problem still remains, I was think maybe the problem is the Lion 10.7.2 version.

Any ideas?

I have 10.7.2 loaded and installed on my asus p6t deluxe v2, everything up to date. I still do not have sound though. If I copy and paste the AppleHDA.kext from my macbook air with 10.7.2 on it, would that fix issue or cause kernal panic?

Hi Fabio !

Great topic and for the first time I have my system working in less than an hour (10.7.2 from the scratch)

You've made a great job. Thank you! Muito obrigado!

I can confirm audio , Lan, suspend, all working.

Maybe you can help me with this. I need to start Lion in 32 bit Kernel (Uad pci slots) and last night I've spent 4 hours trying to change 64 to 32 with no results ( always Kernel panic). The last try with chameleon wizard but the result is the same...

Thanks in advance

Fernando

Hi Fabio,

OK, I booted from the USB disk and ran finalize from the terminal. I forgot though that it still had the 10.7.1 combo updater on it and so it downgraded my 10.7.2 to 10.7.1. The audio is still broken.

Because I was using iCloud and a few 10.7.2 specific things, I've downloaded the 10.7.2 combo updater and am now going to try and upgrade again.

But, could you help me get my sound back? When I try and change the volume I just get the popup with a speaker and the circle with a cross through it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello i am try too setup the usb boot loader but every time i try too yes the lionize and it say ::::

Attaching OS X Lion...

hdiutil: attach failed - No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

Could you please help me ..?

I have 10.7.2 loaded and installed on my asus p6t deluxe v2, everything up to date. I still do not have sound though. If I copy and paste the AppleHDA.kext from my macbook air with 10.7.2 on it, would that fix issue or cause kernal panic?

so i tried this, also tried using kext helper app to try to install, then ran kext utility before restarting, and nothing for sound still. lion recognizes my audio as intel hd audio built in 892, but no options for output in system pref. ive tried the DSDT from original post, hence probably why everything else it working except audio. Is there a way i can delete the audio kext, run kext utility, restart, then try to load the macbook air kext without KP? I just really want audio back! im hating having to use my Win7 just for audio!

Also, i really dont want to have to reinstall, have too much into my hackintosh to do that and risk loosing/screwing something up. PLEASE HELP

lion recognizes my audio as intel hd audio built in 892,

The motherboard P6T Deluxe V2 (I see your signature) mount a AD2000B audio controller... NOT an ALC892...

So "probably" you use a incorrect DSDT or the part relate to HDEF (AUDIO) into your DSDT are incorrect...

Suggestion: from the second post in this guide download the DSDT for your motherboard, and run Recreandae to fix the "untouched" AppleHDA.kext

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I figured out how to run Recreandae -- and the script ran fine, but then when I restarted I can now not boot up, it stays in the grey screen with the apple and the rotating circle for several minutes before the circle with a cross through it turns up.

What should I do now?

Hi Fabio,

I figured out how to run Recreandae -- and the script ran fine, but then when I restarted I can now not boot up, it stays in the grey screen with the apple and the rotating circle for several minutes before the circle with a cross through it turns up.

What should I do now?

Try this instruction: (after point 4)

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1766702

Fabio